• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't think of anything more complex or tedious, though, and it would make expanding your personal demesne practically impossible.
Well, the brother to brother bit at least could be represented. Seniority doesn't really represent it well.

If i might ask. How many things from VIET have you actually introduced Meneth. I spot "The Khitan" bookmark, does that mean that you get a Khitan invasion in 1140 too and are Jews included in PB too.

If i might ask. How many things from VIET have you actually introduced Meneth. I spot "The Khitan" bookmark, does that mean that you get a Khitan invasion in 1140 too and are Jews included in PB too.
Jews are in PB already, though not in PB + SWMH currently. I'll probably reintroduce them, but not in today's patch.
The Seljuks and Khiva don't actually start at war, but Khiva is indeed there. I believe it's even there in vanilla ;)

What actually happens is, for some reason, Boleslaw has a really hard time having Sons, and so his daughter inherit and marry the Grand Prince of Kiev, therefore there sons inherit Poland. Kiev inherits Poland not Poland inherits Kiev

20 minutes until 3.1.9 releases. Only change since the last changelog:
The Russian dukes now all start with Agnatic Succession

There won't be any more changes added to 3.1.9 now.

What actually happens is, for some reason, Boleslaw has a really hard time having Sons, and so his daughter inherit and marry the Grand Prince of Kiev, therefore there sons inherit Poland. Kiev inherits Poland not Poland inherits Kiev
Well, his daughter won't inherit any more seeing as I'm giving him Agnatic succession.

20 minutes until 3.1.9 releases. Only change since the last changelog:
The Russian dukes now all start with Agnatic Succession

There won't be any more changes added to 3.1.9 now.

Well, his daughter won't inherit any more seeing as I'm giving him Agnatic succession.

Boleslaw is the Polish King Meneth, didn't you read his post :rolleyes:

Oh and the installer is getting a small update:
It will now include PB, the PB+SWMH compatibility patch, and the PB Module Pack. The last two can be opted out of during the installation.
hRhvsue.png

Boleslaw is the Polish King Meneth, didn't you read his post :rolleyes:
Oh. Nevermind then :)

Last edited:
3.1.9 released
If you started a campaign in 3.1.3 you should start a new campaign or you're highly likely to experience CTDs. Campaigns from 3.1.4 and later and from 3.1.2 and before should be unaffected.

Now compatible with SWMH using a compatibility patch, which is downloadable below. If you download the installer version you don't need to download the compatibility patch separately. Do note that you need to download SWMH for it to work (even with the installer), and you need to install the comp patch after SWMH. When launching the game you need to have Project Balance, PB + SWMH, and SWMH enabled.
Should be save-game compatible. Certain changes will only affect new campaigns. SWMH is not compatible with old PB saves.
If you encounter any issues or have any feedback, please report it in this thread. Do note that there might be some issues caused by the port to 1.91.
Downloads: Installer version | .7z archive version | SWMH Compatibility Patch

• (Experimental, feedback desired) You'll now get 0 levies at -50 opinion rather than -25.
  • (Experimental, feedback desired) Crown Levies now also raises max levies by 5% per level, with no crown Levies giving -5%
  • Fixed the ruler designer giving slightly more fertility than it should
  • The Jizya tax now gives -25% levies in the province
  • Fixed loans not being removed when repaid through the interest event
  • Ensured it is impossible to hold both the Novgorod republic and dejure title
  • Ensured various titular titles remain a part of their dejure empire if they become dejure
  • Upon winning a Crusade one now gets the choice to give the title away to a son, brother, or dynasty member. The AI will take this choice unless it is their only kingdom
  • Reduced the vassal opinion bonus from Free Investiture to 5 (was 10)
  • Reduced the bishop opinion bonus from Free Investiture to 15 (was 25)
  • Bribing the Pope so as to keep Free Investiture now costs 200 gold + 2 years' income, rather than just 200 gold
  • Updated the Novgorod Republic mod to the latest version
  • The event that kills useless courtiers will no longer the parents of rulers. It will now kill unimportant characters of any gender that have the old age modifier or no stats above 4
  • You no longer necessarily need Ambitious or Diligent to enact Internal Peace and Title Revokation. Having Genius or one of the top tier education traits now also works
  • Seniority and Ultimogeniture is now easier to attain. Any crown law except the first level of Crown Levies is enough
  • Primogeniture is now easier to attain. You now only need either Internal Peace or Title Revokation, not both
  • Giving in to an Independence faction's demands no longer gives you any claims, because that's just silly
  • Fixed Muslim holy wars being possible against Nubians
  • Galleys now carry 200 men
  • Halved the size of the mercenary galleys
  • Halved the number of galleys William the Bastard starts with
  • Reduced the size of William the Bastard's starting forces
  • Harald Hardråde now starts with galleys off of the coast of York
  • Harald Hardråde's forces are now slightly larger
  • The AI will now be quicker to white peace in stalemates
  • Fixed: "Characters are now twice as likely to join the Independence faction if they only border members of the faction"
  • Characters are now 50% more likely to join the Independence faction if they border another member of the faction
  • Reduced the base chance of starting the Indepencence faction by 25%, and the base chance for joining it by 1/6
  • Further halved the chance of dejure vassals wanting independence
  • Added an event for isolated provinces that spawns a rebellion. If successful it will cause the province to become part of a bordering realm instead
  • The Russian dukes now all start with Agnatic Succession
Implemented from the VIET mod:

• Trade-post costs go up ~3 times as much by distance
  • Increased the effect each point of Martial has on combat from 5% to 8%
  • Increased the frequency of combat events ~40%
  • Patrician elections are now somewhat less predictable
  • Reduced the effect of the campaign fund on elections by 40%
  • Ambitions can now be changed every 2 years rather than 3
  • Muslim Invasions and Coastal County CB cannot be declared by rulers with the content, slothful, imbecile, or craven traits
  • Pagans can have up to three wives
  • New Bookmarks: Kingdom of Jerusalem (15 July 1099), The Khitan (1 Nov 1141), Scourge of God (2 Dec 1227), Osman’s Dream (1 Jan 1307)
Affects PB + SWMH only:

• The Christian Iberians now start with the second level of their cultural building rather than the first
  • The Christian Iberians now start with the first level of stables

Last edited:
I might be experiencing some problems. I'm actually getting a more correct setup by running both PB, the Compact and SWMH, than by just running the compact and SWMH.
That (PB, PB+SWMH, and SWMH all enabled) is how you're supposed to do it.
I'll add a note.

Oddly enough that only happened in 1 of the 2 games I saw Polish Kiev. The other time, a Rurikovich woman had somehow become Princess of Kiev, and married the King of Poland in a regular marriage. In the game where Kiev did inherit Poland, the Kievan/Polish heir was also female, and she also married a Piast normally.

Okay then, i have something else to note. The Indian Ocean appears to be unnavigable which is screwing with your Muslim republics setup in that area.
I know. Not sure whether or not to re-add ocean provinces there.

On the topic of Russia..

I notice that the Cumans like to rolfstomp the Russians every decade or so with their Raid CB. In 1066 the combined levies of all the Russian Princes is about 11k in PB, roughly equivalent to what the Cumans can raise. In practice the Russians have a huge disadvantage due to their disunity; they're hopelessly outmatched in 1066, let alone 50-100 years down the line when gavelkind has made them even weaker collectively and more likely to be fighting each other. The rough equality in numbers between the Cumans and collective Russians indicates to me that they were intended to be about equally matched, which I think is a good target; historically the Cumans fought (and fought alongside, occasionally) the Rus quite often with very mixed results. So I think the Cumans need a nerf; they're too much more powerful than any of their neighbors, in fact they're more powerful than most of their neighbors combined.

Plenty of ways you could achieve this, but I'd like to suggest one in particular that might not be obvious:
(Note: This is from my mucking about with the FVtG map, ignore everything but the Kipchaks, particularly mega-Kiev :p)
k_kipchak is held by another member of the Terteroba dynasty, the brother of the Cuman leader in this setup.

My rationale here is that the Cuman-Kipchak federation wasn't a country and it didn't have a single leader. It was a "Khaganate" in the same way the Kievan Rus is sometimes referred to as the "Rus Khaganate"; since Russia is represented as many independent but allied Principalities, why not represent the Cumans as separate but allied tribes? The Cumans in 1066 now have a total levy of ~6.5k, while the Kipchaks have ~4k. They are allied and can call each other to war. Obviously this'd have to be playtested quite a bit, but on the face of it it looks like a more balanced (and historical, or at least historically consistent) setup.

On historicity: Don't have a scanner on hand a show you a more reputable source, but what you generally see in maps of this period is the Cumans (i.e. that part of the federation that had significant relations with the Rus, Hungarians, etc) as a sort of vague blob around Sarkel rather than the entire federation as a coherent entitity. See this: http://geacron.com/en/?v=m&lang=en&...yyyyy&fi=-500&ff=1500&sp=2&e=0&rp=0&re=0&nv=2

Just throwing some ideas out there :)
tl;dr - Cumans are OP

@neondt: Send me the necessary files and I'll implement it.

Alright :)

I've only got history for 1066 right now, but it's just 1 title that needs new characters so I'll get right on that. Any particular range of character ID's you'd like me to use?

Might also be worth tweaking the de jure setup to accomodate the Kipchaks. Maybe split de jure Itil between Saray and Itil (the Cuman-Kipchak border in my map), and make Saray de jure Cumania and Itil (and maybe Aktobe or Tyumen) de jure Kipchak.