• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would agree, 9a is feeling pretty good so far.
it better be. my steam hours played count jumped from 200 to 400 in the process of refining it :laugh:

There is no longer any instance of "_flag" in SELIN_events.txt. How would you even disable them just for republics, since the modifiers affect not just the cities, but all titles with holdings in the province.

owner = { or = { is_merchant_republic = yes is_patrician = yes } }

Played as a norse-gaelic Jarl in Ireland. I became king and everything seemed it was going the right way. I had over half of Ireland under my control and all my vassals had the same culture as I do. My character, sadly was killed during a war with those petty Irish counts, but luckily my character had a son who was 16 years of age. The son also had Norse-gaelic culture, but a event popped up that was saying that none of the lords of Hibernia would accept a foreigner as their king and I lost the kingship and now I am back at square one with only the Jarldom of Ulster, now half of Ireland is divided between some pretty powerfull viking Jarls instead of a king. I do not see the logic in that event, cause all my vassals had the same culture, and so do half of my provinces too.

I had the same issue, only I was Irish and conquered all of Ireland and half of Scotland before my vassals decided I wasn't fit to rule. I get that the Celtic Kings mod-in is what's flipping on there, but shouldn't the king at least get a chance to reunite the kingdom or at least have a war (or even a CB) against the vassals who secede? Honestly, it pissed me off so much to get that big and all of it go away with one event, I ragequitted and never even thought twice before deleting the save. It's not even fun to play as a Celtic King when you know your vassals can just up and say no any time they want with no war or any other penalty.

I had the same issue, only I was Irish and conquered all of Ireland and half of Scotland before my vassals decided I wasn't fit to rule. I get that the Celtic Kings mod-in is what's flipping on there, but shouldn't the king at least get a chance to reunite the kingdom or at least have a war (or even a CB) against the vassals who secede? Honestly, it pissed me off so much to get that big and all of it go away with one event, I ragequitted and never even thought twice before deleting the save. It's not even fun to play as a Celtic King when you know your vassals can just up and say no any time they want with no war or any other penalty.
this is the Ard Ri submod at work.
it would be nice if crown authority could be tied to the subbmod of course, ie. at medium authority they can't secede without war, at high they can't at all

owner = { or = { is_merchant_republic = yes is_patrician = yes } }

In the modifier definition? Can you do that in an event modifier?

In the modifier definition? Can you do that in an event modifier?

You could use it in the trigger for the event. The only issue is that if a Republic gains territory, it would inherit the modifier on that territory and thus we will likely have to do a yearly 'modifier wipe' of all republic-owned land. I am looking for a better solution, though.

The problem I see is that this will affect not just the republics, but their bishop and baron vassals, and tend to either supercharge or cripple them compared to their non-republican co-religionists.

The problem I see is that this will affect not just the republics, but their bishop and baron vassals, and tend to either supercharge or cripple them compared to their non-republican co-religionists.

I dont like that solution either, but it is better than ripping the entire system out entirely and it is better than leaving Republics crippled due to the modifier overstack. Its the best solution we have among a number of bad solutions.

Hey,

one little question. When i use the Ruler Designer dlc tool and change the visual appearance of the ruler itself and his family flag i get a few little "bugs".

First is the colours of the flag designer. It seems to skip a few colours. So you have red but not the dark red and so on. 1-2, 3-4 etc are exactly the same colours.

The next thing is, that my ruler sometimes looks different from what ive made. Has nothing to do with age but thats all i know. I cant really reproduce it.

Not a big deal but i was just wondering if thats a known thing or even wanted.

The next thing is, that my ruler sometimes looks different from what ive made. Has nothing to do with age but thats all i know. I cant really reproduce it.

Vanilla issue. You probably selected invalid clothes/hair/whatever and when a selection is invalid, it picks a random valid selection.

First is the colours of the flag designer. It seems to skip a few colours. So you have red but not the dark red and so on. 1-2, 3-4 etc are exactly the same colours.

This is WAD, some mods tend to disable or otherwise render unusable certain colors.

The repeated colors are to make them more common in random designs, and dark red isn't really a heraldic tincture. The colors gules (red), azure (blue), sable (black), vert (green) and less commonly purpure (purple), plus the metals or (gold) and argent (silver) make up the vast majority of heraldry, supplemented by the furs which are simple patterns using a color and metal (and the CK2 engine can't cope with furs.)

minor note out of curiosity, but there's no point in creating flavour text localisations, or any localisations at all anyway, for trigger events for bishoprics, right? Aside from traits which will be visible to the player, it's rather unlikely theocracies will be unplayable in the near future so it's kind of pointless right?

On a side note, changing trait and event GFX doesn't make saves incompatible right?

Also, a question regarding agnatic traits: If a player has a female ruler, and (has to) marries matrilineally, then won't that trait be lost forever unless an event is written wherein the mother's trait is inherited by her children?
... How do I write such an event by the way?

Well, Muslim theocracies are playable to a certain extent (feudal muslims can hold temples without penalty) so probably best to put them in.

No, just changing graphics won't affect save compatibility.

You could make the trait 100% congenital instead, either way put a customizer = no line in so random characters don't get it.

As for how to write an event of that type:
Code:
trigger = {
  mother = {
    trait = whatever
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
  }
}

Tried to apply the 2gb memory fix, still the same error as in the screenshot shown.

hey i'd think palmyra would even start with a queen and have a history of queens, considering zenobia. heck the blood of zenobia trait can be cognatic even, if that's possible. .

27 May, 1161: The Carthaginian Empire is created.

Attachments

• 2dsqmxc.png
    2dsqmxc.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 76
Well, Muslim theocracies are playable to a certain extent (feudal muslims can hold temples without penalty) so probably best to put them in.
But they're considered as feudal, ie. is_feudal = yes, right? So they'll get the feudal traits instead of theocracy traits traits ?

Well, in any case I've placed placeholders for event text so that I change the localisation without problems during updates, though I'll try writing them tomorrow as well (since I just need to to perfect trait events then replicate them with with a replace all martial_ with mercantile_/missionary_ and feudal with republic/theocracy and I'm done for next version targets.

You could make the trait 100% congenital instead, either way put a customizer = no line in so random characters don't get it.

As for how to write an event of that type:
Code:
trigger = {
  mother = {
    trait = whatever
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
  }
}
won't making it congenital though mean that the child of parents who have two different traits will inherit both? If I make the specializations opposites of each other, will there be any effect then - ie. will one trait take precedence over another or will they cancel each other out?

edit:
Is the following code correct in that it will only give a trait matrilineally if the father has none
Code:
hidden = yes

trigger = {
	ROOT = {
	NOT = {
	OR = {
	trait = a,b,c
	}
	}
	demesne = 0

mother = {
    trait = a
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
	}
	father = {
    NOT = {
	OR = { # he should not have any of the below
	trait = a,b,c

}
	}
	ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
	}
	}
immediate = {
	add_trait = a #similar to specific mother trait
	}

}

Of course, if the father is the ruler-consort of the mother, won't he also get the relevant trait by virtue of being in the capital, ie. the capital_holding trigger? Or does that apply to landed characters only?

And by extension, if the father suddenly becomes landed mid-way, then won't the son inherit the trait? Or is trait inheritance NOT retroactive (ie. if he gained the trait AFTER the child was born, then the child won't inherit)?

27 May, 1161: The Carthaginian Empire is created.
:(
for a second, I thought it was an Ai-created empire. T_T

Allow me to show you why I cry:
All from different observe games

attachment.php

The Nitran non-empire

attachment.php

A map with beautiful borders (I think this is a similar save game with the above... or not)

attachment.php

The three european non-Aempires and the two Roman ones.

The sad thing about late-game LI is that most wars between big empires are conquest of small counties which is anti-climatic. The way the blobs are formed make perfect RPG setting too.
It would be really nice if narrative events can give an empire a casus bellis against another. Now THAT would be role-playing fun (of course, there should a minimum realm size in the trigger).

An idea I've had since I started working on LIBRT is a late-game narrative event-chain where you will declare yourselves emperors (based on your de-jure lands) and "Restorers of the Light", and declare Hegemony Wars akin to the Prussia/Austria wars in Vicky2, and the losing realm lands receives a "tributary" event modifier and becomes a vassal (if a kingdom) or just a tributary (if an empire).
Of course, I'll need to work on more pressing stuff like trait-events, tactics, and siege events as I've promised beforehand first :laugh:
still, it's imagination that motivates me, so let me ramble :p

Last edited:
When are you nerfing cafolics? They're impossible to beat.
Crusades can really hurt, but other than that, I've yet to see any trouble from catholics.

Couple of questions:
1. Repeat from earlier - "is there something like a wiki on LI? Or cliff notes? Like where all the bloodlines are at the start, an which religions gives what effect, etc."?
2.As a solar-christian, I'm supposed to restore the pentarchy to "unite" the faith, right? However, I hold Constantinople, Carthago and Rome, and only get patriarchs for Rome and Constantinople. How do I get the patriarch of Constantinople to count? Or is the fifth one always just my state patriarch?