• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Codrinaru was not the President the Federation wanted, but was the President the Federation needed. It was due to Ovo that I was overthrown (yes I blame you, but I forgive you, it is a game after all), not a fault of my own. That said I am going to bed, so keep on coup'in and dictatorshiping))

(( Can someone fill me in? I went off to watch the Super Bowl and Jesus Christ. ))

(( Can someone fill me in? I went off to watch the Super Bowl and Jesus Christ. ))

(I was lucky enough to PEEK during the game to see...THIS. lol. But yeah a coup took place during the war with the ottomans, launched by the military. The why I am not sure/forgot but there is a link a few pages back. Grab Jako and use that interface that shows all his posts, you should find the link from him on the goals/aims of this coup. At least that's what I remember. My head still spinning.)

EDIT: (I'll find in links later I suppose but on Page 214 is where it starts, on page 219 MrMan95 said oocly what the aims were which was preventing gov from ordering army to supress civilians, peaceful resolution to Slovakia though I think it was resolved prior and negotiation of return of hungary to federation. On page 221 Gloa lists the aima of Republican National Guard with a link of the original aims on Page 224, think it goes back to 221.)

Edit 2: ( Ah here we are! Gloa's quote: ((Here is the original coup declaration [although I'm not sure if any amendments were given - I don't think any major ones], and here is the declaration made by the Republican National Guard when it joined [which might help explain the reasoning behind the coup])

Last edited:
((I can see you were all busy during the Super Bowl. This is what I get for watching football.))

An address from Austrian Chancellor Erich Vogel, outside the State Chancellery in Vienna

It has become clear that the Liberal-Conservative coalition has entirely disintegrated, as has all Federal leadership. That Minister Kraus has chosen to take up the burden of responsibility is laudable, but it is equally clear that the fault for this current crisis lies entirely with ex-Minister of War Domenico Mocenigo, whose endless vanity and caprice created the tumultuous situation we now find ourselves in. With Mocenigo dead and the government dissolved, we must now turn to the future.

Therefore, as Chancellor of Austria and leader of the Radical Union, I hereby lend my support to the military in their effort to restore order. Effective immediately, martial law is declared in the Free State of Austria. The Austrian Militia is mobilized and will secure the Free State's borders; additionally, the militia divisions stationed in Vienna shall take control of the capital for the duration of the emergency.

The Austrian State Police will temporarily assume all police duties within Vienna. The Metropolitan Police are requested and required to stand down until such time as they are formally reactivated. Finally, the Austrian State Police are hereby directed to take control of the Hofburg Palace and its grounds. Any individual within the Hofburg Palace will be detained until their status can be determined.

I invite General Masaryk and his compatriots to Vienna to discuss the shape of the interim government, but request that all Federal military forces remain outside the capital while negotiations are ongoing.

Last edited:
Good heavens, in my time on the border and in subduing the small outposts of Ottoman resistance the last thing I expected to receive from home was news of not only a secession of the Magyar state, but also a coup! While I must express my shock and disgust at the rather rash and quick turn of events, I find myself more and more agreeing to side with the coup against the seemingly inept government. The Naval Guard will immediately halt it's pacification of the already seemingly captured area of Bosnia. I shall pursue a cease-fire with any nearby Ottoman armies, although I feel there are none to be found nearby and hastily make my way with my men and guns to Zagreb, to await developments and render my aid to my allies in the movement. I should like to point out that while I do not approve of violent methods, the government has made clear that it intended to utilize such methods itself in Hungary and Slovakia. I cannot in good faith execute a war while such a thing goes on at home, and the government proves to be so incompetent and unwilling to compromise. I place my life and honor upon this movement and fully intend to carry myself until the demands laid out by the Honorable General Edvard Francois Masaryk are put into practice. If civilians cannot be bothered to execute decent and stable government, then it is only right that the military should do so, to guarantee and secure the protection of the citizens and people of our great Federation. I will in all cases try to avoid shedding the blood of my men and the blood of my fellow countrymen for this struggle, but for such an event to transpire, I am at a loss for words still.

God Forgive our Sins,
mS3H5FM.png

It is high time order was enforced in these troubling times. I applaud the actions of the military and all supporters as well. I only hope that the transition will be quick and efficient for this nation's benefit. Consider this a verbal act of support for all it's worth. As a fellow soldier, I salute you.

- Officer Jovan Lilic

The fault for this current crisis lies entirely with ex-Minister of War Domenico Mocenigo, whose endless vanity and caprice created the tumultuous situation we now find ourselves in.

((Coming back from my sleep to say this: I hate this coup, the military, and every goddamn general that I appointed. Now, goodnight.))

((Coming back from my sleep to say this: I hate this coup, the military, and every goddamn general that I appointed. Now, goodnight.))

(( Looooooove yoooooooou! <3 ))

The letter was too much to bear, upon reading it Ion quietly gave it to Kraus and went to his private study. The loud crack rang out, and Ion Codrinaru was no more

Dear Ion,
I am so sorry. The Hungarians broke into your manor late last night. I was the only survivor. I wish you get out of the country alive.
Your faithful servant
Jon

Dear Lord.. what has happened to us ? We.. we.. I..
Janos cries.

((theAhawk, I need to know if we can avoid having an IG rebellion. If I call for our armed forces not to resist and to obey whichever government is standing in Vienna, does it work ?

All them people standing in dignity.. I don't know how you do it folks. Papp is having a nervous breakdown over here.))

I support the coup. Now that that damnable fool Codrinaru is no more, perhaps we can get this government back on track?

Leader of the German Catholic Party,
Councillor for Austria,
Count Reinhardt von Mansfeld.

I support the coup. Now that that damnable fool Codrinaru is no more, perhaps we can get this government back on track?

Leader of the German Catholic Party,
Councillor for Austria,
Count Reinhardt von Mansfeld.

((I'm coming back to haunt you, I don't like you, shoulda hanged you upon entering Presidency like I planned))

((Summary!

Hungary seceded from the Federation. Slovakia seceded from Hungary and is now probably a state. General Masaryk declared a coup against the government because Mocenigo demoted him and/or because Mocenigo ordered him to attack civilians. The coup says that the government is corrupt and that it has failed to keep stability so it says that it wants to bring back order and democracy. Or maybe just establish a military dictatorship forever. They say they'll step down in two years, but c'mon. All the other military people and various politicians gave their support to the coup, and many others who had or had not supported it decided to be neutral. Codrinaru stepped down as President. Kraus took all power, but no one really cares anymore because everyone is jumping ship to the coup. Mocenigo died of a heart attack or stroke or something. Codrinaru committed suicide. All through this we're at war with the Ottomans and probably the Hungarians.

And here we are. Did I miss anything?))

((Summary!

Hungary seceded from the Federation. Slovakia seceded from Hungary and is now probably a state. General Masaryk declared a coup against the government because Mocenigo demoted him and/or because Mocenigo ordered him to attack civilians. The coup says that the government is corrupt and that it has failed to keep stability so it says that it wants to bring back order and democracy. Or maybe just establish a military dictatorship forever. They say they'll step down in two years, but c'mon. All the other military people and various politicians gave their support to the coup, and many others who had or had not supported it decided to be neutral. Codrinaru stepped down as President. Kraus took all power, but no one really cares anymore because everyone is jumping ship to the coup. Mocenigo died of a heart attack or stroke or something. Codrinaru committed suicide. All through this we're at war with the Ottomans and probably the Hungarians.

And here we are. Did I miss anything?))

((Yep that's about right. Kraus didn't take power for selfish reasons, rather so he could protect the others who workd with Codrinaru. Sorta of a matyr thing going on.))

((Tapscott, get on Skype.))

((I'm coming back to haunt you, I don't like you, shoulda hanged you upon entering Presidency like I planned))
((Sorry President, I didn't exactly see this coming!))

((And here we are. Did I miss anything?))
I wish you did. I am doomed. I'll prepare my will and testament. And then whatever I'll say at my trial, provided I get one. I stood and did what I thought was best for this Federation, in honesty and faith always. It.. it saddens me to see us like this. I am afraid. I fear for the future. We stood and fought the Habsburg together.. we stood and fought the russians together.. and once again, I will stand and fight. With my comrade, Victor Kraus. Some have chosen cowardice. I.. I-I cannot blame them. But I simply cannot let this be. I will stand and fight. Fight for democracy, for peace and unity. Fight for the fallen, for prosperity and our future. I will not let this Federation fall! I will stand against the military coup, against the Ottomans, against the secessionists, against the counter-revolutionaries and the rest. We were touching on our Golden Age. We could have known stability. And now, we are faced with our darkest hour. Will you stand and fight ? Or will you grovel and die like the rest ?

~ Janos Papp, Ex-Minister of Security, Ex-Deputy for the County of Split, Croatia, Co-Founder of the All-Danubian Conservative Party, Owner of the Papp Fishing Company and the Dalmatia-Crete Shipping Company

Last edited:
With Kraus attempting to size power and become dictator I have no choice but to support the coup to restore democracy. An interim military regime is necessary to restore a fre and democratic society. The government, with whatever legitimacy it had, has fallen. Kraus must be prevented from his power play. i pledge my support to the Generals striving to save the Federation and democracy.

Radek Dvořák - Councillor for Bohemia

((I'm sorry theAhawk, we could prevent the entirety of the army going coup on you))

((My attempt at a very casual, incomplete summary of events in the order they occurred (not sure all the links work properly or if I correctly summarized everyone's points and motivations, but I tried), for those confused:

Gunpowder: The Hungarian/Slovakian Crises is heated, but not worse than earlier conflicts like the Dalmatian issue.
- Austrian militia mobilizes.
- Marshal Law declared in Hungary by the President. Further actions of note: Preventing the Minister of War from ordering a much bloodier crackdown in Hungary, supporting a new better enforced plebiscite over the issue of Slovakia
- Vice President Nyitra resigns due to personal issues. Recommends Papp succeeds him.
- Curfew ordered over Bratislava and Budapest.

The Spark: General Masaryk declares a coup as the Minister of War tries to dismiss him over his statements.
- "I must make clear that I shall Not under any circumstances fight the people of my own country."
- The Minister of War dismisses (or rather, tries to dismiss) General Masaryk for "threat of insubordination".
- COUP DECLARED

Smoke and fire: Hungary joins in the fun, declaring a rebellion. However, neither action looks like it has any chance.
- Did.... did you seriously just launch a coup?
- A little more detail (very little) on the coup.
- Hungary: "...we are a nation under siege..."
- People realize the implications of a coup in war, try to stop it.
- Official GM declaration of the coup.
- First (completely expected) announcement against the coup by the Minister of War.
- Hungary: DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE (look one comment down for the GM response :laugh: )

Fanning the Flames: Everyone sis around to see what will happen. The stalemate is possibly broken by another general joining the coup.
- Wait, have we declared war on Hungary yet?
- The Federation of States Encircling Hungary - what the Federation would look like if Hungary did secede
- Slovakia tries to be West-Virginia, which at the time was a brilliant move
- Nikolic declares himself neutral.
- The first "I was watching the superbowl, what in the world happened while I was gone?" comment I've found.
- Answer to: What are the coup's ideals?
- In the chaos, an attempt to seize Crete ("Candia") by Venice.
- Orders from the Ministry of War and a counterargument to the coup.
- First support for the coup ("ab ovo your boat is sinking!")
- Declaration of a state of National Emergency and the creation of the Slovakian state, by the President.
- The Republican National Guard sides with the coup. There are now two generals in revolt. (scroll down one comment for "((I totally should have kicked your ass out :p I really didn't see that coming...))")

Wildfire: The conflict escalates beyond everyone's wildest dreams
- Otto von Tirpitz' estate is attacked.
- Speech by the President in Vienna ("we have been betrayed")
- An attempt to turn back the loyalty of the Republican National Guard (and other generals) by having the controversial Minister of War resign and giving General Eckhel a chance to be Minister of War. (Klemens' response)
- "I'm going to pull the lever personally"
- At this point, as far as I can tell OOC, both sides are bribing like mad.
- Councillor Aurel Sykora (Slovakian political figure jailed in the original Hungarian/Slovakian crisis) pardoned and released
- ((do we currently control silesia? i know this is a bad time but, id like to know.)) :p
- Death of Domenico, true son of Venice, disgraced former Minister of War (new character)
-Have an anti and a pro-coup speech for variety.
- Otto von Tirpitz claims he will bring in intervention to replace the government... or a monarchy, if people want that.
- General DeSanctis (of the Skala Italian Army?) supports the coup There are now four? generals in revolt. (people say four around here, but I can't find the last one)
- Another coup support. (and reaction)
- (dissolution of the government by the President?)
- Victor Kraus assumes all government positions.
- Sykora declares neutrality, threatening support for the coup.
- The Chief of Staff supports the coup.
- The Chancellor of Austria lends support to the military to restore order (the coup being accepted as all but accomplished by this point)
- The Naval Guard supports the coup. I've lost track of the general count long ago.
- President Ion Cordinaru commits suicide. He was the President the Federation needed, but not the one it wanted. As he rose fast and far, so did he fall.
- Janos Papp (Minister of Security... or ex-Minister, depending on what titles you're using in the chaos) declares against the coup on principle.

))

With Kraus attempting to size power and become dictator I have no choice but to support the coup to restore democracy. An interim military regime is necessary to restore a fre and democratic society. The government, with whatever legitimacy it had, has fallen. Kraus must be prevented from his power play. i pledge my support to the Generals striving to save the Federation and democracy.

Radek Dvořák - Councillor for Bohemia

I am glad to see that my plan is having the desired affect. Soon the entirity of the Federation will once again be united.

~ Victor Kraus, GCM, President of the Federation and Holder of all the Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.