• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well gentlemen, as Codrinaru has stepped down from his office as President, and because Vice-President Janos Papp is currently unavailable, I am hereby declaring myself President of this Federation.

I am also removing all councillors from their position in the cabinet, and consolidating all offices into the Presidency for the duration of my term. All councillors removed from office shall be found as staying neutral in this conflict, or as being friends of the Generals.
~ Victor Kraus, GCM, President and Holder of all Offices of the Federation.

Excuse me Signore Riccio, but I don't believe you have the authority...

Excuse me Signore Riccio, but I don't believe you have the authority...

As seniormost member, and leader of the A-DCP, the majority party, and as being the seniormost member of the Council that is currently with us, I have full rights. Also, as I am now the President, and hold all of the offices, my word is law. I am the legitimate government that stands between the Generals and control of the Federation.

As seniormost member, and leader of the A-DCP, the majority party, and as being the seniormost member of the Council that is currently with us, I have full rights. Also, as I am now the President, and hold all of the offices, my word is law. I am the legitimate government that stands between the Generals and control of the Federation.

And what would you have the rest of us do? Flee like the Consiglio when Napoleon was at our doors?

Sykora enters the chamber still reading though notes on the situation being passed to him by his aides.

Gentlemen, I am passing through Vienna on my way to Bratislava to head the Provisional Assembly there--for real, this time, and legally. I declare myself to be neutral in the current situation. The State of Slovakia wishes for democracy and the rule of law and for its independence from Hungary and its membership within in the Federation to be preserved, and it will support the legal government that can secure that.

Sykora hears Kraus' proclamation. His face twitches.

This power play is just as illegal as the coup but with the added negative of destroying democracy, which the generals have at least promised, however unreliably, to preserve. Kraus has no authority that I will recognize and if no suitable alternative arises I will be forced to support the generals.

And what would you have the rest of us do? Flee like the Consiglio when Napoleon was at our doors?

I expect you to live. As for you personally Councillor Tiepolo, I expect you to look after my boy Friedrich. He was ward of Councillor Mocenigo, before his death, and now he shall become your ward. Do not fail me.

Sykora enters the chamber still reading though notes on the situation being passed to him by his aides.

Gentlemen, I am passing through Vienna on my way to Bratislava to head the Provisional Assembly there--for real, this time, and legally. I declare myself to be neutral in the current situation. The State of Slovakia wishes for democracy and the rule of law and for its independence from Hungary and its membership within in the Federation to be preserved, and it will support the legal government that can secure that.

Sykora hears Kraus' proclamation. His face twitches.

This power play is just as illegal as the coup but with the added negative of destroying democracy, which the generals have at least promised, however unreliably, to preserve. Kraus has no authority that I will recognize and if no suitable alternative arises I will be forced to support the generals.

Councillor Sykora, what I am doing is neccessary and legitimate. In any case, all Councillors, Deputies and Generals are all ready considered to be neutral or allied with the Generals, save for myself. I am the legitimate government Councillor Sykora, and I shall pay for the mistakes of my peers.

I expect you to live. As for you personally Councillor Tiepolo, I expect you to look after my boy Friedrich. He was ward of Councillor Mocenigo, before his death, and now he shall become your ward. Do not fail me.

The young Federico is in Candia, with my own son. At the news of Domenico's death I took the liberty of sending him there; where he will be safe from harm.

Another letter from Von Tirpitz

Damn it Von Tirpiz stop sending so many letters... Sigh better read it then.

Who ever the current president of the federation is, hold on a little longer my allies have are almost read if you can survive till then there wont be any blood shed. To those in the coup its not too late to back down, if you do there wont be any need for the foreign intervention too occur please realise this is hopeless and let us stop this now.

-Otto von Tirpitz

Seeing as this is almost done I hope that members of the coup wont kill me if they win im only here too read Von Tirpitz's letters. Also Kraus if his allies are read before this all goes south you realise tou have to step done as dictator or youll end up fightig his allies?
- Leopald Kaufmann, aid to Otto von Tirpitz

A letter to Von Tirpitz

Dear sir, surely the chaos in the Federation would only be worsened by foreign intervention? Let this be a domestic matter, however chaotic it is. If the military fail to do as they have said, and step down, then would be the time for intervention.

Another letter from Von Tirpitz

Damn it Von Tirpiz stop sending so many letters... Sigh better read it then.

Who ever the current president of the federation is, hold on a little longer my allies have are almost read if you can survive till then there wont be any blood shed. To those in the coup its not too late to back down, if you do there wont be any need for the foreign intervention too occur please realise this is hopeless and let us stop this now.

-Otto von Tirpitz

Seeing as this is almost done I hope that members of the coup wont kill me if they win im only here too read Von Tirpitz's letters. Also Kraus if his allies are read before this all goes south you realise tou have to step done as dictator or youll end up fightig his allies?
- Leopald Kaufmann, aid to Otto von Tirpitz

Kraus smiles sadly

If any aid does come, I am afraid it may very well be too late. I am President and Holder of all Offices of the Federation. I am guilty of all charges laid against me. Of course, if by some miracle the Generals are defeated, then I shall glady step down and let the elections occur as they should do.

Rodrigo Vertucci steps up onto a makeshift stage erected in the the Piazza del Duomo in Milan

"My fellow Lombards, I have a message for you. Lombardia must remain a part of the Danubian Federation, even though it is clear that the generals who have staged a coup against the government will succeed. Lombardia already tried to secede from the Federation two years ago, which, as you all know, failed. This has tarnished the reputation of Lombards in the Federation. We are now viewed as secessionists trying to destabilize the Federation, but we can rectify this. I urge you all to join me in marching to the Lombard Parliament and demand that they keep Lombardia in the Federation. We must not allow there to be further violence and bloodshed. Only as part of the Danubian Federation can Lombardia prosper and become even greater than it already is. Now, we must march to ensure a brighter future for Lombardia."

The crowd cheers and follows Rodrigo Vertucci as he marches to the Lombard Parliament

Last edited:
After reading a telegram:

Gentlemen, Venezia has officially declared herself neutral; as there is no current government, and has sealed her borders including those of Istria and Veglia. The Venetian State Militia and Reserves are mobilised and stand ready to repel all invaders. President Kraus and his entire family are, however, firmly requested to take up in the safety and security of Venezia.

As for myself, I believe it is time to flee Napoleon and head for Candia to be with my son and my new ward. Farewell, God save this Federation.

Alessandro leaves.

((Goodnight. I would say Keep on Federating, but that is obviously not an option anymore...))

After reading a telegram:

Gentlemen, Venezia has officially declared herself neutral; as there is no current government, and has sealed her borders including those of Istria and Veglia. The Venetian State Militia and Reserves are mobilised and stand ready to repel all invaders. President Kraus and his entire family are, however, firmly requested to take up in the safety and security of Venezia.

As for myself, I believe it is time to flee Napoleon and head for Candia to be with my son and my new ward. Farewell, God save this Federation.

Alessandro leaves.

((Goodnight. I would say Keep on Federating, but that is obviously not an option anymore...))

I appreciate the offer Councillor, but I must decline. My family is already in Bavaria, and I will deal with the Generals once they reach Vienna. Stay safe.

((Well I got work that needs to be done! I'll probably be back online in a few hours, so lets see if anything has changed by then.))

((So 20+ pages in less then a day. Seems that we are going through a coup and most of the military is onboard with it already, so time to take a stab into this murky water that I only skimmed over))

Like my fellow officers I to am sick of these endless fighting among the politicians. Like my father believed before me, we need a singular leader who will expand the army and as such I place myself in support of the Coup and urge any remaining military men who have not yet chosen their side to join the coup as well.

~Johan Skala, Chief of General Staff

2171091540_c50800bf4a_z.jpg

Name: Jovan Lilic
Date of Birth: 21st August, 1825
Place of Birth: Novi Sad
Culture: Serbian
Position: Military Officer
Bio: Coming from a commoner's background, Jovan had a strong sense of patriotism for country, not his fellow people. For him, a military career was a no-brainer, so he enlisted as soon as could to defend his country. He is a avid supporter of a stronger central government and an expanded armed forces.

Last edited:
((This has gone from the verge of success to an absurd failure, once again, I dislike a lot of you))

As former President of the Federation, I stand by President Kraus, and shall defend him with my life. My boy Josief shall inherit my lands and my titles. I will not leave my spot until either Masaryk agrees to a deal or I am shot defending the constitution.

~Ion Horsa Codrinaru

Name: Jovan Lilic
Date of Birth: 21st August, 1825
Place of Birth: Novi Sad
Culture: Serbian
Position: Military Officer
Bio: Coming from a commoner's background, Jovan had a strong sense of patriotism for country, not his fellow people. For him, a military career was a no-brainer, so he enlisted as soon as could to defend his country. He is a avid supporter of a stronger central government and an expanded armed forces.

((This sounds like a man who would be perfect for the Martial and Security League, or alternatively the Military dictatorship that I am pretty sure is going to be formed by this time tommorow))

Konrad Egeler's desk and office are more or less empty, an he an his wife and children are nowhere to be found. Presumably they have fled.

((Though I might as well make sure he's accounted for, not that it really matters. Anyone want to fill in what just happened? I know that there has been a coup, but why and by whom?))

Status
Not open for further replies.