• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To: Senate Floor, Capitol Building; Washington, DC

I told you this war was foolhardy, we now have to reinstate the draft to fight the Soviets. You are all fools, but we are stuck where we are. I support Senator Phillips proposal to reinstate the Draft. May god have mercy on their souls, they'll need it.

~ Senator Samuel G. Écossais R-WV

The draft is formally reinstated. As soon as the issues with the Atlantic plan are sorted out, I should be able to update.

Democracy and freedom of speech is currently lacking in the Soviet Union. For the sake of the people being suppressed and exploited by the Soviets we have to do out utmost to liberate them from the Bolshevik clutches. I therefore fully support this proposal, and may good fortune follow us in the endeavors that are yet to come.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

The draft is formally reinstated. As soon as the issues with the Atlantic plan are sorted out, I should be able to update.
((What issues are you speaking of? The only issue I see is the need for transports. Is there something else?))

((What issues are you speaking of? The only issue I see is the need for transports. Is there something else?))

((Still waiting on what you mean by "coordinating attacks"; I need to know specifically what you intend me to do in-game. Also, sounds like there's some debate about the budget, which is not strictly your problem.))

((Still waiting on what you mean by "coordinating attacks"; I need to know specifically what you intend me to do in-game. Also, sounds like there's some debate about the budget, which is not strictly your problem.))
((LOL. That is just role play. HQ's and senior officers should "coordinate" the actions of the divisions, corps, and armies they control. ))

((LOL. That is just role play. HQ's and senior officers should "coordinate" the actions of the divisions, corps, and armies they control. ))

((Okay -- so in game terms, just add them to the appropriate Army Group? Did you make sure to set objectives?))

((Sorry, for my inactivity but I have been busy. Also, I am sorry to say that I rescind form this awesome AAR. Thanks for the time, Avindian.))

((Okay -- so in game terms, just add them to the appropriate Army Group? Did you make sure to set objectives?))
((All land units should be in defensive stance except those attacking Vichy. All in theater air and naval units have their orders individually spelled out.))

To: General of the Army George C. Marshall, Chief of the US Army & Air Force
From: Pacific Theater Commander Admiral William Halsey, Jr, CNO
RE: Air Force Expansion

General Marshall,

Unfortunately, without assuring that our Pacific wings have ground forces to defend from Russian and Japanese threats in the Pacific, I simply cannot comply with that request. Our budget as it stands is designed to protect what few assets we have in the Pacific from being further lost to battle attrition. Resources could possibly be allocated if Congress or the President were to negotiate a treatise with the British forces to aid in defending the Pacific Rim. As of right now, that's a vast amount of sea lanes to cover by ourselves and we don't have the ground troops to be able to hold the territory we have already earned through the blood, sweat and tears of our children. I simply cannot comply with that request.

Our boys are alone out there, with nothing but our battleships to protect them from an enemy who will do anything - literally anything - to kill them. I plan on making sure as many of them come home as possible, and withdrawing from our budget is not going to help that.

Sorry, I couldn't be of any more help.

Admiral William Halsey, Jr
CNO

((All land units should be in defensive stance except those attacking Vichy. All in theater air and naval units have their orders individually spelled out.))

((Okay; thanks for the clarification.))

I guess we're just waiting to see if Gen. Marshall is going to make changes to the budget, then.

((Okay; thanks for the clarification.))

I guess we're just waiting to see if Gen. Marshall is going to make changes to the budget, then.
First of all: Sorry for being absent. I had a couple of real life issues to deal with (of the sad sort).
There's a option to coordinate attacks: 'Synchronize Arrival'. That option causes mobile troops to slow down, to make sure they're at the same time on the battlefield as the infantry (however, that's manual control only).
--
Some annotations regarding the plans:
(1) Caused by our little sneak towards Berlin (and the usual AI dumbness), we inherited significant Wehrmacht forces.
(2) From what I've tested (although the tests were very raw), the best option is to go on offensive (without looking up, I think Stalin simply lacks in either techs or doctrines).
(3) Just too mention: As usual the Soviet navy consists of a bunch submarines, and some very old surface vessels (with techs at the 1900 mark). Their battleships even get shot by some modern destroyers at that time. As in real life, the only really dangerous thing about the soviets is their army (which is one of the main reasons the Cold War never got hot: the soviets knew they may could take the continent - but never the UK or even the USA).
(4) Because son of liberty mentioned it: Invading behind the frontline is rarely a good idea. Normally you either do that as a sort of commando raid (Steal their stockpile) or if you've just so overwhelming forces that the existing front is too small for them (not counting the usual ones with a big coastline as the UK, China or Japan).

First of all: Sorry for being absent. I had a couple of real life issues to deal with (of the sad sort).
There's a option to coordinate attacks: 'Synchronize Arrival'. That option causes mobile troops to slow down, to make sure they're at the same time on the battlefield as the infantry (however, that's manual control only).
--
Some annotations regarding the plans:
(1) Caused by our little sneak towards Berlin (and the usual AI dumbness), we inherited significant Wehrmacht forces.
(2) From what I've tested (although the tests were very raw), the best option is to go on offensive (without looking up, I think Stalin simply lacks in either techs or doctrines).
(3) Just too mention: As usual the Soviet navy consists of a bunch submarines, and some very old surface vessels (with techs at the 1900 mark). Their battleships even get shot by some modern destroyers at that time. As in real life, the only really dangerous thing about the soviets is their army (which is one of the main reasons the Cold War never got hot: the soviets knew they may could take the continent - but never the UK or even the USA).
(4) Because son of liberty mentioned it: Invading behind the frontline is rarely a good idea. Normally you either do that as a sort of commando raid (Steal their stockpile) or if you've just so overwhelming forces that the existing front is too small for them (not counting the usual ones with a big coastline as the UK, China or Japan).

I know I speak for everybody when I say you have our fondest thoughts and wishes in your time of need. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. No apologies necessary.

If you want to be more active in the thread again, please do let me know -- we could make you an assistant to son of liberty or find you something else -- but there's no need to rush things.

I know I speak for everybody when I say you have our fondest thoughts and wishes in your time of need. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. No apologies necessary.

If you want to be more active in the thread again, please do let me know -- we could make you an assistant to son of liberty or find you something else -- but there's no need to rush things.
I second Avindian's condolences. If you wish to resume your role, I have no objection. You obviously know more about HOI3 than I. Is there some way we can command the German forces? If we can, then I agree. We should immediately go on the offensive. My regroup orders are predicated on the fact that AFAIK we cannot control any of the allied forces. If this is wrong, please enlighten me.

Avindian, you may forget about anything I sent you in the past; this final draft is all I need you to do.
Son of Liberty, you might want to take a look at the "Reinforcements" section. I think any troops sent to you will come in handy, and I'm leaving it up to you to attach them to any section of the front/army you desire.
Shierholzer; my sincere condoleances and compassion.

US Army and Air Force Budget
January 1st - March 1st 1944
Fifth Draft - Final

Resources:
267 IC for Production
37 Leadership
60 Manpower

Leadership:
The recruitment and training of officers is top priority as of now. We don’t even have enough commanders to cover our existing forces, let alone covering our army, in two months, with a proper ratio ((140%)). After the recruitment of officers has been completed, research will be properly divided between branches. I’ve also scrapped four research teams that were assigned to tasks that require prior knowledge ((1945 techs)), and two submarine-related researches.

Phase One:
- Increase Officer Ratio to 140% (35 LP).
- Research tech: Strategic Rocket Development (1LP).
- Research tech: Civil Nuclear Research (1LP)
- When Officer Ratio hits 140%, proceed to Phase 2.

Phase Two:
- Assign 2 LP to Officer Recruitment.
- Research techs (35 LP):

Airtechs_zps8f111c2c.jpg

Techs2.png

Reinforcement:
There are currently 2 Mountain, 1 Paratrooper, and 3 Armoured divisions unassigned to any theatre, and two wings of Strategic Bombers and Interceptors will be completed in February. Also, since the Atlantic theatre is currently not tied up in a major campaign, relocation of forces is a possibility.

- ATLCOM’s request for the three Armoured divisions has been granted.
- PACCOM’s request for the two Mountain divisions has been granted.
- The 101st US Airborne is at the disposal of ATLCOM until May 1st, 1944.
- All air wings that will finish production during these two months (2xSTR, 2xINT) will be deployed to the Atlantic Theatre.
- The 306th Fighter, 312th Fighter, and 2nd Dive Bomber Wings, currently located in Los Angeles, will be redeployed to the Atlantic Theatre.

Production:
Production will be geared towards three goals: Reinforcing current divisions in the Atlantic Theatre with support brigades, increasing the number of armoured divisions in Europe, and expanding the US Air Force. Due to the dire need for troops to fight against Russia, the Pacific theatre will recieve considerably less resources. Also, Multi-Role Fighters will be introduced as our main air asset. Our lack of practical knowledge about Tactical Bombers makes it inefficient to produce these airplanes. Strategical bombers have less of a direct impact on the war, and in any case two wings will soon finish construction.

Note: Any idle IC should be used for supply production. Excess supplies will be used as an IC buffer. This also means the “Total IC”, calculated for March 1st, may be higher than 267 IC.

Chart example: If the first (on basis of completion date) of the two STRs finishes construction, look up STR #1 in the “Replaces” column. The unit(s) in that row, in this case the 5 Artillery brigades , will replace it in the production queue.

Production2-1_zpsd75fbe3e.jpg

Classified:
The Common Production budget will be spent on the various requirements of the Manhattan Project.

Signed,

General George C. Marshall
Chief of the US Army & Air Force

I second Avindian's condolences. If you wish to resume your role, I have no objection. You obviously know more about HOI3 than I. Is there some way we can command the German forces? If we can, then I agree. We should immediately go on the offensive. My regroup orders are predicated on the fact that AFAIK we cannot control any of the allied forces. If this is wrong, please enlighten me.
You cannot directly command them. However, you can tell them where they should invade.

You cannot directly command them. However, you can tell them where they should invade.
I have tried that with no luck at forming a cohesive strike force(though I could be doing something wrong). What I have not tried is assigning them defensive roles. One other question, can we request allied forces be sent to us as expeditionary forces?

I have tried that with no luck at forming a cohesive strike force(though I could be doing something wrong). What I have not tried is assigning them defensive roles. One other question, can we request allied forces be sent to us as expeditionary forces?

Not specifically; we can add an allied objective to have them invade, though.

General, I added your new budget to the OP.

Not specifically; we can add an allied objective to have them invade, though.

General, I added your new budget to the OP.
If we cannot count on allies doing what needs to be done, we need to just follow my plan and counter attack when they are overextended.