• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These are good ideas and are we taking them to account for the future, but for the moment our priority is to "end the mod": this is, a complete rework of the borders and political entities in the current map. With that base of work finished, the next step will be probably adapt the projections a dimensions of the map for a more ambitious project. But is better to keep for now in current size-projection until the first step is finished.

As said some posts ago, there are some regions that we are currently working in: east and north Africa, British Isles and Russia. This is a HUGE work by itself, but when is finished, regions as Persia or west Africa will remain for future versions. If we begin changing the map properties now, this reworks will delay a lot.

I confess that I am waiting for SWMH africal overhaul more eagerly than few new DLC announcement.
I confess to being a bit Eurocentric, and am really keen on seeing German cultures divvied up at some point. Might help reduce the HRE's germanification of everything it touches, too, if its ruling culture keeps switching between Plattdeutsch and Thuringian and Swabian and so forth, or some such.

I've also been delving into The Anglo-Norman dictionary and have been slowly compiling a list of toponyms from the entries there, for my own purposes. Since SWMH uses the culture renaming function a lot, I figured it might be worth sharing what's been dug so far. Anglo-Norman entries on the left side of the hyphen, Modern English equivalents and explanations on the right:

Code:
Albeon - Albion

Antioche - Antioch

Arabie - Arabia

Armenie/Ermenie - Armenia

Asie/Asye - Asia, in reference to the little province in Anatolia

Aufrike/Affrike - Africa

Babiloyne - Babylonia

Bitenie - Bithynia

Bretagne/Bretaign/Bretaigne/Bretain/Bretaine/Bretannie/Brutayne - Brittany

Bretagne maiur - Great Britain, also "Grant Bretagne"

Cappadoce - Cappadocia

Carintie - Carinthia

Caucas - Caucasus Mountains

Celice - Cilicia

Caldee - Chaldea? "ai passé par Turkie [...] par Egipte la haute et la basse, par Libie, par Caldee "

Cipre/Cipres - Cyprus

Cisille/Seizille/Sezile/Sicanie(?) - Sicily

Crete - Crete

Damas/Damache/Damasche/Damask/Damasse/Damast - Damascus/Dimashq

Duras - Durrës, Albania

Egipte/Egipthe/Egypte - Egypt

Engleterre/Engleter/Engletere/Engletterre/Engliter/Englitere/Engliterre/Inglande - England

Espaigne/Espayne - Spain

Esparcenie - Sparta

Eufrate - Euphrates River, in modern Iraq

Europe - Europe, duh

Fenise - Phoenicia

Filistiim/Filistin - Philistia/Palestine

Flandres - Flanders

Franconie - Franconia

France/Fraunce/France/Franse/Fraunsse/Fraunc/Fraunche/Frauncze - France

Frige - Phrygia, in Asia Minor

Frise - Frisia, Friesland

Gades - Cadiz

Gaditane - "mer de Gaditane" means "Bay of Cadiz". Looks like it's based off of 'Gaditanus'.

Gales/Galees/Galeys/Galez/Galis/Galleis/Galles/Galois/Gals/Galys/Guales/Gualles/Guallez/Gwales/Waels/Wales/Wals/Galas/Guall/Walays - Wales

Galacie/Gallice - Galicia, referring to Galicia-Volhynia.

Galice - Galicia, referring to the region in Spain.

Gallie/Gallis - Gallia/France

Ganges/Gange - The Ganges River

Gaze - Gaza

Germenie - Germania/Germany

Getuille/Getuillie - Gaetulia, likely referring to the Classical region in what's now Morocco.

Gotelond/Gothland/Gothlande/Gutlande - Jutland, in Denmark.

Gotelond la menur - Gotland in Sweden.

Grant Mere - The Black Sea.

Grece/Griece/Grez/Griecz - Greece

Hellade - Hellas, Greece

Hellesponto/Hellespont - Hellespont

Histerie/Hystrie/Hestrie - Istria, Romania? Referred to as a province in Liv Regions. "Ceste province si ad devers le orient Macedoine, devers le north Hestri"

Holande/Holand/Holant/Holland/Hollande/Hoillaund/Hoylaunde/Holond - Holland

Hongrie - Hungary

Iberia - Iberia, used to refer to both Spain and the Caucasian one.

Idumee - Edom, Ancient kingdom in Transjordan region from Biblical names. Located roughly where the counties of St-Abraham and Shobak are in SWMH.

Inde/Ynde - India

Ippane - Japan(?)

Irlande/Yrlande/Irlaunde/Yrlaunde/Irland/Yrland/Irlaund/Yrlaund/Irelande/Yrelande/Irelaunde/Ireland/Irelaundie/Irlond/Irlonde/Irelond/Irelonde/Hirland/Hirlaund/Hirlande/Hirlaunde/Hyrelaunde/Hyrlonde - Ireland

Itaille/Italie/Itaile/Itayle/Itaylle/Ytaile/Ytaille/Ytalie - Italy

Jerusalem/Jersalem/Jerussalem/Jerusulem/Jherusalem/Jebusalem/Jursalem/Jurusalem - Jerusalem

Lacedemonie - Laconia, in Ancient Greece

Liban/Libans/Libanum/Lyban - Lebanon

Libie/Libye/Libia - Libya

Licaonie - Lycaonia, in Asia Minor

Licie - Lycia, in Asia Minor

Liddie/Liddia - Lydia, in Asia Minor

Lumbardie - Lombardy

Macedoine - Macedonia

Magnesie - Magnesia, in Greece

Magoglande - Jutland, in Denmark

Mede/Media - Ancient region of Persia

Mer de Grece - Ionian Sea

Mesopotamie/Mesapothamie/Mesopotanea - Mesopotamia

Messane - Messina, city in Sicily

Messie - Moesia, in the south side of the Danube in modern Bulgaria

Moravie - Moravia

Mortaigne/Moretaigne/Moretane - Mauritania

Mortaigne Tingitane - Mauritania Tingitana, a Roman province opposite of Spain, centered around modern Tangiers.

Nubie - Nubia

Pamfelie - Pamphylia

Parys - Paris

Recie - Thrace

Rutennea/Rucenie - Ruthenia

Saraguce - Zaragoza

Sidoyne - Sidon

Smirne - Smyrna, city in Asia Minor

Surie - Syria

Thessalonie - Thessaloniki, Salonica, Thessalonica

Turkie - Turkey

Tigre - Tigris River

Tire/Tyre - Tyre/Tyrus

Tygrin - Tigris River(?) "Del flum de Inde desque a Tygrin Est Parchie"

Valone - Vlorë/Valona, Albania

Winlande - Vinland?

Yberie - Iberian Peninsula (SEE 'IBERIA' ABOVE)

Yber - Iber River, Spaine

Best for Normans, of course, but I've been using some of them as Old French names too, lacking any alternatives to work with.

Last edited:
Now that they have come up with a fix that enables you to lock certain Kingdoms into the Ecumenical Patriarchs domain i was wondering where all the files are for the Kingdoms you've added Aasmul. I'm particularly having difficulties finding the files for the Empire of Nikaea and the Despotate of Epirus, also i can't really seem to find the files for Wallachia and Moldavia.

I'm pretty sure that there is quite a bit of time until the next release, so they might not have anything to show us yet.
True, 32 provinces in Eire, that should take a while !

I can show you the WIP map of the british isles for this moment:

wip28012013.png

The rest of stuff are documentation and text files, very boring.

PS: Don't forget the two little bastards in the norman coast...

I am both excited and slightly concerned that it may be difficult to actually click on some of those counties, if there are troops or advisors stationed there. Already I sometimes have trouble just selecting some counties in the Jerusalem area without accidentally selecting a chaplain or retinue.

I am both excited and slightly concerned that it may be difficult to actually click on some of those counties, if there are troops or advisors stationed there. Already I sometimes have trouble just selecting some counties in the Jerusalem area without accidentally selecting a chaplain or retinue.

We are reducing the size of advisors in next version.

I confess that I am waiting for SWMH africal overhaul more eagerly than few new DLC announcement.

then I hope you will like this current stage of West African duchies:
africaduchieswest.png

Looks good elvain, but might i suggest that you loose a few of the Central Saharan provinces and maybe add them at the Northern Coast or down in Mali/Songhay. The only real reason for Central Sahara to be present in the game (province wise) is to simulate the Sub-Saharan trade routes. And the number of provinces in Adrar, Taghaza, Tuat and Hoggar seems a bit too much to me. I think 3 provinces would suffice instead (4 for Tuat). But if you end up continuing with the current setup, then i strongly suggest making the most if not all of the provinces in those duchies into one holding max. provinces.