• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckey

AGOT Mod
45 Badges
Oct 10, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Rome Gold
UPDATE 11/07/2015: This mod is now being continued by Sykez. The new thread can be found here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/targaryen-invasion-of-europe.869334/

A mysterious island has surfaced in the Atlantic. It is home to a strange race of silver haired people who worship and ride dragons, and they claim all of Europe by right of conquest! Can you stop these invaders who call themselves the Targaryens? Or maybe you can unite the known world under the banner of the dragon?

This is a stand alone mod compatible with 1.111 which doesn't need the base AGOT mod to play.

Mod features:
-Dragonstone added into the Atlantic, populated by the Targaryen family
-Valyrian religion and culture, which allows you upto 3 wives (SoI needed)
-The full dragon mechanics from the AGOT mod, including dragon duels and a dragon conquest CB
-The Valyrian swords Blackfyre and Darksister
- Late game Dothraki hordes replace the Mongols

Download here! : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww53c1a49l85zgz/Targaryen_Invasion.zip

Update history:
v1.3
------
- Dothraki will now invade from the east rather than the Mongols
- Added in the minor Valyrian families, such as the Velaryons, as courtiers
- Other small fixes

v1.2
-------
- Updated for 1.103 patch compatibility
- Extended Aenar the Exile's life so he is playable in 867
- Adjusted Viserys' and Daenerys' ages so they are present in the final bookmark
- Fixed Aerys II and his family having no religion

v1.1
-------
- The Taragaryens start with a New Valyria Empire title
- Added the option to disable the high valyrian cull at the start of a game
- Added an event to prod the AI into invading something at the start
- Fixed some building localisation
- I couldn't figure out the holding problem, so cannot build a holding on Dragonstone now
- Added a Valyrian retinue
- Fixed hair colours of vanilla western characters

v1.0
-----
First Release

Thanks to every else on the AGOT team, particularly sunspear for his dragon mechanics, fashbinder for the idea and cabezaestufa our mod founder

dracarys.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's a dream come true! Thank you so much! :)

P.S. - I'm assuming that since this mod changes map to some extent, there may be serious problems when trying to run it with any other one that does the same...

EDIT: Pretty much so. The game loaded fine but me trying to click on the Dragonstone provoked a CTD. Meaning that any degree of compatibility between mods may only be ensured by merging maps.

EDIT2: Tried again. This time decided to click on something else such as France. Actually started the game. After I clicked on Dragonstone the game crashed.

Last edited:
Will taking over a Kingdom make it de jure shift into the Empire level Iron Throne title?

Yo knuckey, you should switch Targaryen titles to dynasty names, or otherwise put in a titular kingdom and empire for Targs in the next update. I don't wanna be King Aegon I of Ireland... :(

Also, seems to me the Valyrian culling events are still in there. Would there be a way to pull those out, if I wanted to, say, populate the world with a bunch of lovely High Valyrians?

Yo knuckey, you should switch Targaryen titles to dynasty names, or otherwise put in a titular kingdom and empire for Targs in the next update. I don't wanna be King Aegon I of Ireland... :(

Also, seems to me the Valyrian culling events are still in there. Would there be a way to pull those out, if I wanted to, say, populate the world with a bunch of lovely High Valyrians?

+1

+1

I noticed a couple of minor graphical bugs. First thing is that all the characters seemed to have changed their appearance slightly, it's not a huge deal but for some reason I find a black haired Harold slightly disturbing. Also it appears that the second dynasty shields pack doesn't seem to work, all I see are black COA's. The Targs also don't seem to want to invade when under AI control. I think the AI doesn't account for the fact it has dragons so it sits on the island too scared to invade. Maybe add an AI only starting event to have them invade somewhere at the beginning to get them going?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.