• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Converter Version 0.6 Now Released
Download Link
Overall Link

Relevant New Features
Realms no longer split on conversion - now either PUs or completely merged
Diplomacy is converted (except for wars)
Potential vassal independence
Can select unit types
Various starting items (agents, money, forts, etc)
The HRE
Natives in unowned provinces
Lots of bug fixes

Discussion
The last release was closer to playable than I expected. We transitioned from people converting games to see what it'll be like in the future to people converting games to actually try to play. This exposed lots of quality problems. We've resolved a great many of those, and will be working to keep quality up in the future. Of course, any feedback will help us resolve bugs.

The major features for this release are diplomacy-related. Vassals, PUs, initial agreements. But not wars, yet. Wars are complex, and will need their own update in the future.

We haven't been able to test against any 1.09 saves, so for now I'm saying we don't support them. The next update will be specifically for getting the converter to work with 1.09.

I've also released a new version of the converter mod that has all religions and cultures (including up to 1.09, because there were no additions or changes there).

What's Not Converted
Armies
Wars
Buildings
Sliders
Trade

Changelog
Code:
Revision	Log Message
---------	----------------
220		Add miaphysite religion mapping
221		No longer need the mod in place to avoid crashing
222		Converted provinces have a minimum of 1000 population with historical pop conversion
223		Added Roman Empire mapping to country_mappings
224		Added favored unit variable to Country class
225		Merged changes
226		block some additional nations that can be created by EU3 decision.
227		Minor improvements to country mappings
228		A little bit of refactoring, and being unable to open common/* directories is not a fatal error for pre-1.06 installs.
229		fix error message.
230		Add title merging function and options.
231		Get primary titles and use them as the primary merge target for title merging.
232		Remove a shadowed variable that prevented manpower from being considered for culture mapping.
233		Update changelog with latest changes.
234		Update test configs with the title merging options
235		Make log slightly easier to read
236		Cores and HRE membership added for de jure relationships
237		Upadted province mappings in Spain
238		Add new test saves
239		Update test configurations
240		Update culture and religion mappings
241		Add EU3 diplomacy
242		Defer Mapping countries until last moment (breaks province discovery)
243		Update localization text for converter mod
244		Fix province discovery for land provinces
245		Fix crash bug if religions tie in a province
246		Don't allow advisors to try to insert new provinces
247		Fix crash bug from last change
248		Add changes for CK2Plus to EU3
249		Read in spouses.  Convert diplomatic agreements (PUs, RMs, Alliances).
250		Defer determination of a nation being independent
251		Merge
252		Finish functional merge between title-merging and coring.  Both seem to be working OK now.
253		Fix discovery of sea provinces by converted nations.
254		For cleanliness, map a little deeper into Morocco and Egypt.
255		Convert advisors after tag mapping.  Cap advisor skill at 6 (7 breaks EU3).
		Set advisor start date to 16 years after their birth, rather than 16 years after game start.
256		Vassal independence (blobifying still happens due to too many tags)
257		Handle opinion modifiers from the CK2 file.
258		Calculate state stats.
259		Read prestige and piety.  Account for them, and for diplomacy, in opinion calc.
260		Merge
261		Consider traits and some fixed intrinsics when calculating relations.
262		Merge
263		Add a few more static modifiers to opinion, and a helper function for vassalage.
264		Calculate demesne cap and add "Demesne Too Big" opinion modifier.  Cap relations at +/-100.
265		Consider vassal opinion during vassal independence.
266		No longer necessary to remove dead nations in the CK2World code.
267		Vassal titles held by the liege are merged automatically
268		Abstract away details of matching tags
269		Progressive blobification
270		Read war data from CK2 save.  Account for "At War" opinion modifier.
271		Allow configuration of progressive blobification
272		When absorbing vassals, destroy any agreements they had
273		Merge
274		Write relationships between countries into the EU3 file.
275		Thoroughly rework religion handling on the CK2 side so we have more information about relationships between religions.
		Account for "Heretic" and "Religious Differences" opinion modifiers.
276		Related religions (e.g. catholic/orthodox) are not heresies of each other.
277		Fix trait->stat mapping.
278		Starting agents from state stats for converted countries.
279		Read score and use it to determine prestige (note: EU3 seems to muck with this when the file is loaded).
280		Uniquify province core output to quiet down EU3 debug logs.
281		merge independent baronies with their de jure liege
282		Clean up logging a little
283		Each step of progressive blobbing only happens once
284		Vassals and lieges will always at least cross-guarantee each other
285		Comradebot's updates to east Africa
286		Update religion mappings
287		A little starting money
288		Owned provinces get a level one fort
289		Starting agents for ROTW countries
290		Fix for change 288
291		Cores for ROTW provinces
292		Natives
293		Trailing slash in CK2 and EU3 locations now acceptable
294		Avoid some potential crashes from CK2 installs that don't match the save version
295		Use the global heresy check to determine whether the province heresy flag should be set.
296		Make province output match EU3 save output more closely.
297		More output order matching.
298		Still assign a primary title, even if the save doesn't define one
299		Output the HRE Emperor
300		Rename CK2+ readme file
301		Log when government gets default conversion
302		EU3 vassals never have vassals
303		Juniors in a PU never have vassals

If I understand this correctly, we might be able to do a bugfix branch and a new feature branch in Mevurial pretty easily, which would allow us to better get bugfixes out the door.

I guess just update to revision 305 (or the relevant new revision with the branches), do your change, check it in. Then don't merge things?

Hi! first time posting, been following this thread excitedly. I get a save file created, from my game playing as the kingdom of jerusalem, but it crashes EU3 either after a set period of time, or when I attempt to save the game (or autosave). this is using the latest update of the game, 1.09

Save file mentioned: View attachment historicalconvertjerusalem1401.zip

keep up the good work folks, and let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

Oh, also the log file shows that it tries to open the converter mod file for religions, even though I don't have the converter mod installed at all.

Hi! first time posting, been following this thread excitedly. I get a save file created, from my game playing as the kingdom of jerusalem, but it crashes EU3 either after a set period of time, or when I attempt to save the game (or autosave). this is using the latest update of the game, 1.09

Save file mentioned: View attachment 71591

keep up the good work folks, and let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

Oh, also the log file shows that it tries to open the converter mod file for religions, even though I don't have the converter mod installed at all.

Well, I'm seeing the same results, though nothing is jumping out at me for a cause. Maybe one of our analysts can figure it out.

In the meanwhile, can you upload your CK2 save for me to run a test conversion with?

Hi I've been following your work and I have to say I think you are all doing a great job on it.

However, I recently got the republic expansion, and I was wondering how Republics would be handled in the conversion?

So, um, I replaced the old converter files with the new files, and now instead of running the command prompt, it shows maybe one or two lines really fast and then exits. :(

edit: nevermind. Forgot it replaces the config file too :blush:

Hi I've been following your work and I have to say I think you are all doing a great job on it.

However, I recently got the republic expansion, and I was wondering how Republics would be handled in the conversion?

That actually needs some discussion. Analyst types, you around?

I think they should get the merchant republic government, plus a CoT at the capital. Provinces with trade posts would be added to their trade league. Not sure to do with the family holdings, nor what to make of the trade post upgrades, to be honest.

So, um, I replaced the old converter files with the new files, and now instead of running the command prompt, it shows maybe one or two lines really fast and then exits. :(

edit: nevermind. Forgot it replaces the config file too :blush:

If I had a dollar for every time I've done that (or something similar)…

I'd love to upload my save, but apparently it's a beast even zipped. preferences for getting it to you?

Most people use various download sites (I don't ever remember their names). Better, it should probably fit into one of the free dropbox accounts. Let's try that.

Right, I've created a 'Major' branch, and a 'minor' branch, and will create a 'bugfixes' branch as soon as I have something to check-in there.

For clarity's sake, major features are ones that support what the first post says will be in the next (major)release.
Minor features are anything else we're adding.
Bugfixes I hope are obvious.

I think they should get the merchant republic government, plus a CoT at the capital. Provinces with trade posts would be added to their trade league. Not sure to do with the family holdings, nor what to make of the trade post upgrades, to be honest.

An upgraded merchant post/s in the same province as the CoT could give the owner merchants in that CoT at the game start possibly.

Could upgrades to the trade post just be factored into whatever is used to determine buildings at start? For example, if there is a top-level garrison, and then all of the holdings have the best available wall, perhaps give a fort level 2? Or just something like that; I know most holdings are fully upgraded by the end, so maybe not the best answer.

Alternatively, a fully upgraded trade post could increase the amount of whatever trade good is produced in that province. This might overpower coastal provinces a bit, but would give a slight advantage to a stronger trade empire, without completely throwing off balance.

So I tried the new version on the save I had uploaded here - the good news is that I had correct unit types, Latin, rather than Muslim (though it had still set me to Muslim tech group).

The bad news is that a few seconds after combining three units into one group and adding a general the game crashed. :( Does EU3 produce a log file anywhere?

The bad news is that a few seconds after combining three units into one group and adding a general the game crashed. :( Does EU3 produce a log file anywhere?

The EU3 logs are usually not that useful, but I can tell you that what you describe is almost certainly an ID out of range or in conflict. Which doesn't surprise me too much...I think we're still outputting temp IDs in the file headers.

An upgraded merchant post/s in the same province as the CoT could give the owner merchants in that CoT at the game start possibly.

Interesting. It'd be lots of details to work out, but assuming it's not to tough, that's a good idea. Still seems a little weak to me, but it's a good start.