• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was a bit worried when I saw a 72 (red) battle, that river (and a few more reserves) saved the day. You are doing well, but I am still wondering what is going to happen when Hungary and Romania join the party (i.e. the Axis)? BTW will Germany DOW Poland without defeating you first?

I was a bit worried when I saw a 72 (red) battle, that river (and a few more reserves) saved the day. You are doing well, but I am still wondering what is going to happen when Hungary and Romania join the party (i.e. the Axis)? BTW will Germany DOW Poland without defeating you first?
Don't know about HPP, but in vanilla, Danzig is not tied to Munich.

I pulled those units even further back, behind Vltava river :) Now all four divisions are reinforcing and Germans don´t know what to do! :p

What are the French and British up to? You'll probably need them to survive...

Tim

I could say I didn´t :) Damn, I can´t spoil it more!

Nice ... now we hope to see some allied action pretty soon to relieve you!

The flipside of being a fascistic republic is that you align towards Axis, even when you´re at war with them! :laugh: On the other hand you can have better laws & higher reserves much sooner.

Perhaps you could have held out longer had it not been for the disastrous mistakes of one Josef Hora. The Czech navy is squarely to blame for this defeat and heads should roll.

Sorry about that but you must do an update about it! We the readers deserve it!! :p

I agree with you, not doing an update about this is a shame!

OK, I surely will! :)

Perhaps you could have held out longer had it not been for the disastrous mistakes of one Josef Hora. The Czech navy is squarely to blame for this defeat and heads should roll.

Yeah, it still blows my mind how could we lost the battle of Skagerrak. He had almost 20 TPs at his disposal, while Germans at that point had only Graf Spee and Bismarck (RN nailed them pretty bad). I don´t know much about ships, but with this advantage he should´ve won this crucial battle. The TP "kamikaze" tactics he used... It´s just a shame to talk :angry:

Yeah, it still blows my mind how could we lost the battle of Skagerrak. He had almost 20 TPs at his disposal, while Germans at that point had only Graf Spee and Bismarck (RN nailed them pretty bad). I don´t know much about ships, but with this advantage he should´ve won this crucial battle. The TP "kamikaze" tactics he used... It´s just a shame to talk :angry:

:confused:

After I finish writing this AAR, I´ll finish also my Libyan one. It would be getting out of hand if I would be working on three AARs at once!

Also, would you like some handy .rar file posted here, so you could mod and play Czechoslovakia as I did? I don´t want to be selfish, it cost me some time to mod it :)

And do you have any suggestions for next countries which would you like to see in the future in my AAR? How about Shanxi? Or Mongolia and defeat my centuries old enemy - Tannu Tuva? :cool:

After I finish writing this AAR, I´ll finish also my Libyan one. It would be getting out of hand if I would be working on three AARs at once!

Also, would you like some handy .rar file posted here, so you could mod and play Czechoslovakia as I did? I don´t want to be selfish, it cost me some time to mod it :)

And do you have any suggestions for next countries which would you like to see in the future in my AAR? How about Shanxi? Or Mongolia and defeat my centuries old enemy - Tannu Tuva? :cool:

I appreciate your kindness/offer but I won´t be playing HPP in the near future. :) About your next AAR IMHO I would stay away from Shanxi because even in (FTM) vanilla that is a suicidal mission; having said that I never made a serious attempt with them but from my quick estimate I would have a very slim chance to survive let alone thrive. Mongolia is a puppet in vanilla... modding again? :)

I appreciate your kindness/offer but I won´t be playing HPP in the near future. :)

Bah, cowards will be executed! :mad:

About your next AAR IMHO I would stay away from Shanxi because even in (FTM) vanilla that is a suicidal mission; having said that I never made a serious attempt with them but from my quick estimate I would have a very slim chance to survive let alone thrive.

If Marco Polo doesn´t fire... Lol, nope. That was just a suggestion! :p

Mongolia is a puppet in vanilla... modding again? :)[/QUOTE]

The only thing is deleting the "vassal" tag :) Maybe I could claim Inner Mongolia from Shanxi! :p

Don´t get me wrong, think also of some countries as well!

I think you should focus on slightly more complex countries with more than two battles that can allow you to build more than one corps, like you did with your first AAR (Greece) which was one of your best (if not the best). Ethiopia and Libya have been slightly boring... I mean HPP creates some nice "crazy" what-if scenarios, but your last two AARs were more of an ad/showcase for the mod, and very limited gameplay, since there was not too much of a game (unless you count watching what happens in another continent as game).

I had high hopes for this one, since having more than 5-10 IC would demonstrate your obvious skill and understanding of HPP/game mechanics and politics and your battle update was rather promising (I could see more descriptions of battles, since at the initial point there aren't too many).

I suggest you show us what went wrong and then restart from that point. That would benefit the HPP community also.

I think you should focus on slightly more complex countries with more than two battles that can allow you to build more than one corps, like you did with your first AAR (Greece) which was one of your best (if not the best). Ethiopia and Libya have been slightly boring... I mean HPP creates some nice "crazy" what-if scenarios, but your last two AARs were more of an ad/showcase for the mod, and very limited gameplay, since there was not too much of a game (unless you count watching what happens in another continent as game).

I just realized, that my last two AAR (which are still in progress) were modded myself. So you´d like to see more action right from the start? I guess my Czechoslovakian AAR goes quite fast, even when it ended sooner than it actually began...

I had high hopes for this one, since having more than 5-10 IC would demonstrate your obvious skill and understanding of HPP/game mechanics and politics and your battle update was rather promising (I could see more descriptions of battles, since at the initial point there aren't too many).

Me either, it was a really big challenge, but I underestimated one thing and then it went all wrong.

I suggest you show us what went wrong and then restart from that point. That would benefit the HPP community also.

I´m not sure from what point. And anyway I need you to show the update first, so you can actually know what is going on! :) I´ll make one or two updates tomorrow, maybe I´ll cover the whole gameplay so far. It´s an interesting idea, I was thinking about it too, but I didn´t had the guts to suggest it.

Thanks for this, I really appreciate this kind of in-depth criticism/suggestion, keep them coming!