• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what would happen if I have a (feudal) kingdom, i give a city to one of my relatives, i give a duchy to this man making a merchant republic, eveyone votes him to succeed me, i die?

what would happen if I have a (feudal) kingdom, i give a city to one of my relatives, i give a duchy to this man making a merchant republic, eveyone votes him to succeed me, i die?

I do hope there will be some sort of contingency for that, that said earlier in thread it's mentioned that patricians can switch to feudal so maybe it's what happens.

What would happen if the other families died off? With the process possibly sped up by assassination etc. Does that mean that you can eventually remain the sole family within a republic or do they generate members?

"Agnatic Seniority. Oh dear, I've been there and had bad experiences with that."

I played a bit just now and you can appoint the family successor using a honorary title, so no worries there. BUT; Only adults can be elected as republic leader, so you might want to wait appointing your son as successor until he's all grown up.