• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok. But I think you should upload a tutorial.

If I can be bothered I suppose I could write something up for the wiki or something. Though if you have anything specific in mind and want to have a shot at it yourself, I'd be happy to guide you along by PM :)

Probably this bit right here:
Code:
		random = {
			chance = 50
			create_character = {
				random_traits = yes
				dynasty = random
				religion = muslim
				culture = zfatimid
				female = no
				age = 26
				attributes = {
					martial = 12
				}
				trait = brilliant_strategist
			}
			new_character = {
				spawn_unit = {
					province = [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]880[/COLOR][/B] # Sabzevar
					troops =
					{
						light_cavalry = { 6666 6666 }
						light_infantry = { 12222 12222 }
						heavy_infantry = { 1312 1312 }
					}
				}
			}
		}
There is no province 880 in AGoT. You also have an e_zulu.txt in history/ which shouldn't be there (should probably be renamed to e_fatimids.txt and moved to history/titles/) but I doubt that's doing anything.

Have you tried running it through Validator?
Another error:
Code:
	option = {
		name = "Those Fatimids had it coming"
		trigger = {
			NOT = { religion_group = westerosi }
			NOT = { culture = westerman }
			NOT = { has_landed_title = [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]e_zfatimid[/COLOR][/B] }
		}
	}

You also have zfatimid in the bit I posted before.

Update:
- Impi Warriors retinue unit: 500 offensive pikemen
- Compatibility with mods including early invasion events
- Conquest of Alexandria flavour event
- Zulu culture group renamed "Nguni"
- Gondar now smells of rotting goat after being conquered by Zulus

Shouldn't be any issues with compatibility with earlier versions, just delete the old version before installing this

The Zagwes seem to be in the habit of leaving dead goat in their escape tunnels.

Maybe there should be two Zulu states. The Kenya Zulu would always appear in Ethiopia and the Kongo Zulu would always appear in Mali.

Then add Atlantean, Inuit, Icemen, and Sea Peoples invasions ;).

Atlanteans would be Africans or Mongols with Byzantine clothing, Inuit would have Mesoamerican faces but European cloaks and other head covering cultural clothing, Icemen would be Russians that always have white hair, and Sea Peoples would be Mongols with African attire who appear in the Mediterranean.

Nowhere is safe from the onslaught.

Last edited:
Maybe there should be two Zulu states. The Kenya Zulu would always appear in Ethiopia and the Kongo Zulu would always appear in Mali.

Then add Atlantean, Inuit, Icemen, and Sea Peoples invasions ;).

Atlanteans would be Africans or Mongols with Byzantine clothing, Inuit would have Mesoamerican faces but European cloaks and other head covering cultural clothing, Icemen would be Russians that always have white hair, and Sea Peoples would be Mongols with African attire who appear in the Mediterranean.

Nowhere is safe from the onslaught.

Something like this? (WIP)

t9w3u8.jpg

Anyone got any pictures of the Zulus invading in their game? This sounds awesome. :)

Yesterday I ran a hands-off game starting in 1066 to see how the Zulus fared against the Fatimid blob, seeing as before I'd only watched them from 1150, when the Fatimids are much smaller.

ck25y.jpg

I think they did alright :p
Also, successful Castille from 1066. Not seen: the Byzantine Empire was invaded repeatedly and the title was destroyed in about 1100. The Doukas dynasty has created an independent kingdom of Taurica, which you don't see all that often.

Important: I've added a note to the first post reminding everyone to install this in the My Documents directory rather than the main game directory. If you're experiencing odd issues such as not being able to name your children, I can confirm that this is why.

Last edited:
Haha great idea with this mod congrats :)

Now we have West East and South invasion so i gues its middle Europe last stand :)

2 questions pls:

1. Is it already compatibile with 1.09?
2. Is it possible to somehow manually change to date of invasion from 1150 to somwhere around 1200 - 1250? So that I could have coordinated attack from 3 sides (E, W,S) ? :)

Haha great idea with this mod congrats :)

Now we have West East and South invasion so i gues its middle Europe last stand :)

2 questions pls:

1. Is it already compatibile with 1.09?
2. Is it possible to somehow manually change to date of invasion from 1150 to somwhere around 1200 - 1250? So that I could have coordinated attack from 3 sides (E, W,S) ? :)

1. Yep. Didn't even have to do anything do it. It's mostly an events mod so it's very resilient to patches. Don't worry I did actually test it to make sure it still worked :p

2. Yes. Just change the trigger year in the first 3 events to whatever years you like. What they each do is fairly self-explanatory.

So no idea why, but weird issues still pop up (such as not being able to name my children/pop-up notifications in general cease to work) even when I install the mod in the My Documents CK2 directory. The other mods I'm using are CK2+ and BLC, but I doubt that has anything to do with anything. I know it's not them causing the issue because when I deactivate the Zulu Invasion mod my pop-up notifications begin to work again, which is a bummer because I really liked the idea of having Zulus rampaging through Europe.

Have you tried seeing if Zulu Invasion works without CK2+ and BLC? One of those mods might be causing issues as they're pretty large, so I highly doubt it's because of Zulu Invasion.