• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so the stalemate in the north is finally broken ... and by a rather ill advised Soviet attack.

from your comments you seem very confident that it is now a case of grinding out a victory? I don't know the scenario (the scale scares me witless) but is there anything the Soviets have (other than winter) that can make a difference now?

so the stalemate in the north is finally broken ... and by a rather ill advised Soviet attack.

from your comments you seem very confident that it is now a case of grinding out a victory? I don't know the scenario (the scale scares me witless) but is there anything the Soviets have (other than winter) that can make a difference now?

Am I confident? While I have superior numbers, Red strength has only taken a somewhat relative hit - From 52 Combat Power at the start of the scenario to 40 combat power now. The destruction of several stacks, and the loss of several cities, combined with continued Soviet failure to take Riga or Kiev means the Red NM is around 43.

So, yes, overall, I am winning. Time is still the enemy of me, but I seem to be in control. Is the war finished? No. I have only captured some areas of the Soviet Union, and there is still plenty of cities that need to fall before the Kaiser can shout from his front porch about the end of communism.

Von Einem must be following Makhin's lead and is trying to work on his tan before the snow starts to fly - after all, the seasons can't be changed, but the war can be put on hold for a few weeks. :p

:angry:

Turn 16: We Ride for Rostov, Vitebsk, and Pskov: Early September, 1921

The end of campaigning season is two months away this turn, if we assume the weather gods are kind. After that point, offensive action will not necessarily cease, but action will become more low-level. The RR is definitely going to be needed by the end of October.

We start with the fate of Makhin's army:

FirstShostka1921LateAugust.png

While it looks like an absolutely horrendous loss, keep in mind that a lot of these hits were spread between multiple corps and while the loss of some Garde cavarly stings, Makhin's army is going to be eliminated this turn, as it still holds the field against multiple Corps.

KurskLateAugust1921-1.png

This turn also sees the start of offensive actions towards Orel. I want to be in Tula by the time the snow falls.

To the east,

FirstSumy1921LateAugust.png

The revitalized Ukrainians destroy a fairly large partisan stack, generating some NM.

VoronezhLateAugust1921.png

So, little known fact: Cities do not generate VP unless garrisoned. Since all of manpower I get each turn is directed towards my armies, a lot of cities are either ungarrisoned, or filled with the various detritus of the war. Kharkov itself is full of gendarme, airfields,Red artillery and the chronically inactive Skoropadsky, who this turn is oddly active. His command has been subsumed by the German-Ukrainian A. Wolf, whom I direct to defend Kharkov. Considering how quickly the Reds came down the road from Orel, my guess is that they are mostly cavalry with wagons.

Army Group Sud, having recovered, is ordered to both defend Voronezh, and attack the Reds at Pavlovsk, to secure the western bank of the Don.

To the north,

FourthBorisov1921LateAugust.png

Kork is encountered outside of Minsk. Obviously out of supply for several turns, it won't be long before starvation destroys what remains of his stack.

FirstSmolensk1921LateAugust.png

Smolensk is captured in the center, preventing Red reinforcement of Vitebsk from the direct east.

VitebskCampaignLateAugust1921.png

However, reinforcement is not prevented from the north. The aim of this plan is to have Sixt Von Armin's Armee Group A prevent the 1000 pwr in Reds at Velikiye Luki from reaching Vitebsk. The second aim to destroy the stack sitting on top of Vitebsk and either force it to retreat or into Vitebsk, where a prolonged siege will hopefully lead to the destruction of multiple stacks inside of Vitebsk.

EstoniaLateAugust1921.png

With the Reds disastrous attempt to relieve the Pechory Line a turn ago, Armee Gruppe B is ordered to assault Pskov. A victory here would be a magnificent gain before winter, but the Reds are still strong and entrenched.

RostovLateAugust1921-1.png

In the south, the attack upon Rostov begins. 250,000 men (almost 9000 pwr) descends upon Rostov, with the aim of laying siege to the city.

PrussiaLateAugust1921.png

In Prussia, Sollogub's frantic dash to the west leads him to Western Prussia, with no supply and several turns of moving. His army is by now exhausted and depleted from attrition. With Konigsberg, Memel, Allenstien, and Grozny all defended by well-entrenched German fortresses or stacks, it's likely that Sollogub will die here as well. The stacks of Vilnius watch and wait for an opportunity to pounce before Winter.

Decisions this turn:

DecisionsLateAugust1921.png

With two German stacks waiting in Turkey, the Transcaucus is involved in the war. This is the beginning of the campaigns in the Kuban. Unfortunately, since the Reds didn't declare war, the Turkish stacks will not be joining me on my march to victory over the Reds, but oh well.

Looks great you inspired me to start a DNO scenario as the Germans and its very much a battle of the doomstacks. I wish you luck in destroying the wickedness that is Bolshevism.

You're definitely directing the moves of this war, so that's good. Sending a quarter million men against Rostov? Very impressive. I am a bit shocked at the amount of losses incurred in engaging Makhin. It has to be done, I understand, and I have no doubt that the end will be the destruction fo Makhin's army, but boy, that's a lot of dead Austrians. I hope they have some replacement chits waiting...

Looking forward to seeing what you can do in the Transcaucasus - isn't it a bit late in the year to get them involved? I imagine the winter will start even sooner in those mountains.

well this does look very favourable, looks like its a case of grabbing as much as you can before winter and ... ?

And inflicting enough damage upon the Red war machine that the time they get to recover does not allow them to recover too much. My forces, after seven straight months of campaigning need some R&R, and I definitely need to spare some manpower to build other units.

Looks great you inspired me to start a DNO scenario as the Germans and its very much a battle of the doomstacks. I wish you luck in destroying the wickedness that is Bolshevism.

The reason the soil of Russia is so black is that is has been fed the blood of hundreds of different people who sought to conquer it.

You're definitely directing the moves of this war, so that's good. Sending a quarter million men against Rostov? Very impressive. I am a bit shocked at the amount of losses incurred in engaging Makhin. It has to be done, I understand, and I have no doubt that the end will be the destruction fo Makhin's army, but boy, that's a lot of dead Austrians. I hope they have some replacement chits waiting...

Looking forward to seeing what you can do in the Transcaucasus - isn't it a bit late in the year to get them involved? I imagine the winter will start even sooner in those mountains.

Several months wait ahead where my forces will have time to recover. Now isn't the time to stop, now is the time to strike.

As for Transcaucasia, the reasons for such a short allowed campaign season is that the total number of objectives that I need to capture here are ultimately rather few. The total allotted forces for this theater also reflect this reality - to the Reds, this is not an important to the theater, and it's not completely crucial for me either - I can march on Tzaritsyn from Rostov. But VPs is VPs and keeping the Whites contained effectively is also an added benefit.

Turn 17: Aftermath: Late September, 1921

This turn was a bloodly mess. But it was obvious to me, that the strategic results of this turn will be far reaching. The Red war machine has been stretched to its finical limit by the fighting. While they have the manpower advantage, the blockade effectiveness has meant that the ruthless requisitioning of the Soviet interior has begun with gusto. I expect Greens will start rising in the periphery regions first.

In the forested region of Estonia and Pskov, battle commences for the first time in several months.

SecondPskov1921EarlySeptember.png

Despite the failure of the Germans to decisively beat the Reds, the Reds retreat off of Pskov. It's obvisious that they will attempt to retake control next turn, so I order my troops to dig in.

EstoniaPetrogradEarlySeptember1921.png

Hopefully, they can hold the day and take Pskov before the snow starts to fall. If not, all these battles will have been for not, as I will be forced to retreat into Latvia.

Southwards, at Vitebsk, a wild Trotsky appears:

SecondVitebsk1921EarlySeptember.png

Despite losing this battle, it wrecks Trotsky's cohesion, sitting up Sixt Von Armin's main battle group's blow:

ThirdVitebsk1921Earlyseptember.png

At 26,000 to 36,000 casualties, I lose on element of elite infantry to Trotsky losing tons of elements of every type. The situation after these battles:

VitebskEarlySeptember1921.png

Despite the victory, these battles have wrecked the cohesion of Sixt Von Armin's main battle group. Reinforcements are rushed in from the interior and from the army at Smolensk to hold the siege of Vitebsk in place in order to prevent the escape of Frunze's army.

Only slightly further south, Armee Group Ungarn goes round two with Voroshilov's Don Front,

SecondShotskaEarlySeptember1921.png

With Voroshilov's army neutralized as a threat, we push on. The destruction of the Don Front and Makhin's army frees up a number of stacks to pursue forward offensive actions.

FirstBryansk1921EarlySeptember.png

Bothmer attacks Bryansk, and basically destroys the garrison, but somehow fails to capture the town. I have no idea how, but I can guess it's probably through the random mustering mechanic in AGEOD.

To the southwest,

FirstPavlovsk1921EarlySeptember.png

Armee Gruppe Sud neutralizes Pavlovsk. A minor NM victory, the stack fails to catch the 500 pwr strong stack of troops that were built there. However, with the arrival of the Ukrainian's in the center north of Kharkov, Armee Gruppe Sud no longer will need to leave Voronezh undefended:

SouthernRussiaEarlySeptember1921.png

With the fronts slowly coalecsing in Southern Russia proper, I may have to condense things somewhat. Where you see pixelated Stalin is roughly two provinces southeast of Smolensk.

Since Makhin's army is now a flaming wreck, the objective is to push forward and gain as much ground as possible. Various garbage (Tuchavesky, and Stalin) are in view and will be destroyed. Orel and Tula will hopefully be captured as quickly as possible in a lightning dash towards Moscow. As for holding ground, the Polish legion, which cannot move outside of the Ukraine, Belarus, or the Baltic states will be split up to garrison various areas of the land (Chernigov, Gomel, Minsk, etc.), it's multinational commander sent to fill in for casualties further south.

My final objectives before the snow begins to fall:

PhaseLine.png

From these tons, I will use captured Soviet supplies to build up a supply base to make a strike at Moscow. The plan is to use these structures to shelter for the winter while building up the logistical base to make these assaults from.

Doable before winter, I believe.

In the south, the battle for Rostov commences:

FirstRostov1921EarlySeptember.png

SecondRostovEarlySeptember1921.png

ThirdRostov1921EarlySeptember.png

FourthRostov1921EarlySeptember.png

The battles are horrendous. The Romanians and Cossacks march to the sound of the guns (oops, I forgot to set defensive posture), and pay the prices for it, with a general each going down. Multinational commanders will need to step in to fill the void for both.

The situation post-Rostov

RostovLateSeptember1921-1.png

The damage is terrible, but not so terrible that we cannot continue the fight.Armee Gruppe A is ordered to take Rostov this turn, and either destroy the Reds there or die trying.

In the Caucasus, war was beginning.

TranscaucusEarlySeptember1921.png

The various scattered forces of people who have historically hated each other gather in Baku to consolidate their forces. In addition, two 1500 pwr German stacks move through Turkey to join them. The total amount of Transcaucasian forces is disappointing (amounting to roughly 800 pwr), so they will serve as an auxiliary corp of the main German stacks.

Hopefully, Grozny can be captured before winter sets in.

As for decisions this turn, I call in the last available army. There are no more stacks available for the war effort.

DecisionsLateSeptember1921.png

Also, a view on how the war proceeds, as told from the objectives tab:

ObjectivesLateSeptember1921.png

good grief, that was grim stuff. But that final NM table tells it all, you have such a huge bonus in combat as a result. So this is your last army coming into play, despite all your succeses in this campaign season it does look like this is going to be a case of which side actually has someone left alive (& with some cohesion)

So the Reds are running out of money, but presumably they're still banking a nice amount of conscripts every turn. Still, it's hard to imagine them making up for the horrible losses, in men and elements. I see their combat power rating is roughly one-third of yours, so it looks to me like you have a good handle on things. Hope you can pacify the Caucasu and straighten out the overall frontlines a bit before winter arrives, and then it's time to rebuild your worn-down forces. Do you have any money or conscript shortages, or will the armies recover, as long as you're given the opportunity by the Reds?

good grief, that was grim stuff. But that final NM table tells it all, you have such a huge bonus in combat as a result. So this is your last army coming into play, despite all your succeses in this campaign season it does look like this is going to be a case of which side actually has someone left alive (& with some cohesion)

That's essentially it. Who ever has the most stacks left wins. At this point, I may not even have to capture Moscow. The Reds may run out of NM before too long, with these huge battles that continue.

So the Reds are running out of money, but presumably they're still banking a nice amount of conscripts every turn. Still, it's hard to imagine them making up for the horrible losses, in men and elements. I see their combat power rating is roughly one-third of yours, so it looks to me like you have a good handle on things. Hope you can pacify the Caucasu and straighten out the overall frontlines a bit before winter arrives, and then it's time to rebuild your worn-down forces. Do you have any money or conscript shortages, or will the armies recover, as long as you're given the opportunity by the Reds?

I have more WSU and money than I know what to do. The Kaiser lights his mark wrapped cigars with a flaming mark. I am not hurting for money at all. The main issue is just manpower and rail pool (huge stacks need a lot of trains to move). With winter ahead, I should be able to at least bring the manpower shortage down somewhat, since I expect there will be a lot less horrific battles.

However, I still need to achieve my objectives before the snow starts to fall, and that is primary. Tula over a pile of dead bodies, or bust.

Last edited:
Any chance for Barbarossa-like Soviet revival after the campaign season ?

Narhwal: It's looking less and less likely by the turn. The Reds continue to bleed NM and zero NM is game over.

Turn 19:Half a pack of cigarettes and a full tank of gas, Early October 1921

We start this turn, with the news:

NewsEarlyOctober1921.png

The Red position continues to grow ever more precarious. Food riots erupt in both Moscow and Petrograd, Cossacks start to regain their confidence after being freed from their Cheka oppressors.

In the north, the Reds counterattack into the hasitly entrenched Germans at Pskov:

FirstPskov1921LateSept.jpg

While no elements have been destroyed, two turns of moving and fighting have likely hurt Red cohesion. I'm going to make an assumption here: The Reds will be in defense posture, so it will be possible to capture Pskov this turn with the disastrous interference of V.Grittis's stack.

PskovEarlyOctober1921.png

I feel this will likely be Army Group Donnau's (the newly spawned one) new deployment, but it's doubtful they'll arrive before the snow starts to fall.

Further south in the Smolensk area, the siege of Vitebsk continues. Despite the relatively weakness of my armies in this sector, I still continue my offensive. Von. Bothmer's army achieves of host of mostly minor victories. First, he cleans out Bryansk:

FirstBryansk1921LateSept.png

Next, he moves north, encountering the newly christened artillery officer, Ioseph Stalin.

FirstKozelsk1921LateSept.png

Finally, he end his move in Kaluga, one of the objective towns for these offensive operations. All in all, minor victories, but the +3 NM taken from the Reds hurts them more than it helps me, as my NM is over 150.

FirstKaluga1921LateSept.jpg

The situation as it stands:

CentralEarlyOctober1921.png

Armee Group Ungarn, coming up from the south, is ordered to capture Orel, after having scouted both Orel and Tula. I continue to chase around the Red wagons, which,through passive posture have alluded the Polish legion. Supply also starts to move up to build a depot at Kaluga, while Bothmer moves to capture the red town on his direct right. The siege of Vitebsk continues, as not enough men are available to take the city by storm.

Further south, near Kursk, despite the major objectives being secure, fighting continues. First, at Starry Oskol, the Ukrainians relieve the beleaguered volunteers:

SecondStaryyOskol1921LateSeptember.png

A Pyrrhic victory, but the hope being is that the Ukrainians can utterly destroy the stack next turn through significantly superior numbers. If not, it's likely that winter will do that for me.

To the northwest, Armee Gruppe Sud 1st Corp catches up with the former Pavlovsk garrison:

FirstGorschechnoye1921LateSept.png

The leaderless Reds are utterly wiped out, in another minor victory for the Germans which saps NM from the Reds. With only two Red armies remaining in this sector, one starving and the other being pursued, Armee Gruppe Sud 1st Corp begins it's offensive northward.

Further south, at Rostov,

xthRostov1921LateSept.jpg

The fighting continues. For a while, I was wondering why the Reds hadn't fled for Tsaritsyn. But, now I have an idea:

RostovEarlyOctober1921.png

Because the River isn't frozen, Red forces in this sector receive their supply down the river from Tsaristyn. Because of this, I order the Dneiper fleet to make its way from the mouth of the Dneiper to the mouth of the Rostov, whilst deeper draft boats (read: main German battle fleet) blockades the mouth of the river to prevent the Red fleet from reinforcing the crossing between Rostov and Azov. Unfortunately, it will take them some time to arrive here, and it is unlikely they will arrive before the snow begins to fall.

As for the troops, the Romanians and Cossacks head west to Ekaterinoslav and Kherson (a depot slightly downriver of Ekaterinoslav) respectively, to recover hits and cohesion, and await the arrival of some multicultural officers to fill in the command void left by the fighting in Rostov.

For all of you RUS veterans, can you tell me what happens to boats in a river when it freezes? Are they lost or are they teleported to the nearest available port?

In Azerbaijan, the forces of Austrian, German, and Transcaucian forces are coalesced under the leadership of A.Von Krobatin of Armee Group Donau.

TranscaucusEarlyOctober1921.png

This force is ordered to move like a viper toward Grozny. Capture of Grozny before the snow falls is absolutely imperative, as it will strength my own position and possibly open a march for Astrakhan.

In the west,

PrussiaLateOctober1921.png

Sollogub's sideshow is coming to an end. Trapped at Suwalki by well-supplied Armee Gruppe Nord with quadruple his power, he beleaguered forces should surrender within the next two turns (if he isn't destroyed by Von Deimling first). MC and blown railroad tracks are being repaired, and Armee Gruppe Nord should be ready to redeploy northward before the snow falls.

Decision this turn:

DecisionsLateOctober1921.png

This should help cover the German manpower gap from all these battles somewhat. I will still need some months of RR, but some manpower is better than no manpower.

For all of you RUS veterans, can you tell me what happens to boats in a river when it freezes? Are they lost or are they teleported to the nearest available port?
If there is a port one region away, it is forced in the port (a sort of "teleport", I suppose). Else, it is stuck there. Attack them with cavalry ! They'll free themselves when it unfreeze.

Note that if a water region is frozen but a neighbouring water region is not, the unit will be able to move there (not sure if the movement is forced).

Was Red morale 14 at the beginning of the turn? If I counted correctly, your battles subtracted 8 points, so if that 14 was at the beginning, then the Reds are gonna die in one, two turns tops. I guess that, even if they had 14 NM at the end of the turn, they're still only 3-4 turns away from morale collapse sudden death.

It's a bit of a shame: I would've loved to have seen a dramatic push on Moscow, but it looks like Red morale will run out long before you get that far. Still, job well done. You seem to have done/be doing a much better job than Napoleon, indeed. :)

Was Red morale 14 at the beginning of the turn? If I counted correctly, your battles subtracted 8 points, so if that 14 was at the beginning, then the Reds are gonna die in one, two turns tops. I guess that, even if they had 14 NM at the end of the turn, they're still only 3-4 turns away from morale collapse sudden death.

It's a bit of a shame: I would've loved to have seen a dramatic push on Moscow, but it looks like Red morale will run out long before you get that far. Still, job well done. You seem to have done/be doing a much better job than Napoleon, indeed. :)

Negative. The Red morale is 14 after the effect of all those battles, not before.

As for Moscow, it may yet happen. I need one or two very decisive battles and the war is over. With things as they are, it is unlikely that I will see one before years end.

But, we'll see.

nearest port, and no guarentee its one that is easily defensible. I've just fought a series of battles in the winter 1918-19 to protect the nascent Soviet navy from evil White persons poring out of Siberia precisely due to this mechanism.

this now looks as if organised military resistance is over ...

I love RUS but it's biggest flaw is how often the game seems to end anti-climatically and this appears to be happening in yours. Due to the morale issue it's really easy to win without ever taking the capital and often while your opponent still has major armies.

Loki: There doesn't seem to be a whole lot left in front of me. The grinding pace of the last six months has worn the Soviet military into a fine paste. There are still some major stacks left like the ones in Vitebsk, near Pskov, the gathering forces in Petrograd, the one at Rostov, and whatever is left along the Volga river (the Green uprising didn't really have any effect probably because of this).

Dylanpt: Yeah, enemies just run out of NM in this game and it ends. However, with a bit of playing ahead, it's become clear to me that I'll need a few more decisive battles/city captures before the war ends.

Turns 20 and 21:Return of the King, Late October-Early November, 1921

Because of the relative inaction of these two turns, I've combined them into one.

First, the News:

KrasnovReturns.png

KronstadtUprising.png

The weakened position of the Reds inspires both Ataman Krasnov to return (bringing with him a large number of Don troops locked until Late November) and Anarchist Rebels to rise up on Kronstadt island, leaving the approach of Petrograd relatively undefended.

In the North, the bet pays off:

FirstPskov1921EarlyOctober.png

With Pskov (and it's depot most importantly captured), I now have a substantial toehold in the north, but with lack of any other moves, I decided to not take a screen shot. Virtually nothing has changed except the color of Pskov's banner.

In the center, Orel is captured.

FirstOrel1921EarlyOctober.png

With Orel in hand, the offensive in the center continues unabated:

CentralLateOctober1921.png

Armee Group Ungarn moves on Tula whilst an Austrian stack moves to reinforce Armee Gruppe A. On the far right, Armee Gruppe Sud begins it's moves up the railway to cement control.

In the south, near Kursk,

FirstPristen1921EarlyOctober.png

The Ukrainians continue to perform disappointingly in battle with Red forces, but the defeat of the cavarly force sends them retreating into the Ukraine. The oncoming winter will do the rest. A.Wolf's corp moves on top of Starry Oskol, in order to prevent the Red's from recouping.

Around Rostov, minor fighting continues unabated, but the status quo remians roughly the same whilst I await the arrival of the Dneiper River fleet.

In the Transcaucus,

CaucustheaterLateOctober1921.png

Absurdly low penetration scores hamper the advance, and the Austrians and Transcaucasian's move roughly one more turn away from the capture of Grozny, roughly my only objective for them before winter.

In Western Prussia, Sollogub meets his end:

FirstSuwalki1921EarlyOctober.png

With his army and all of his officer dead or captured, Sollogub himself flees into the woods of Lithuania. Army Gruppe Nord moves to Vilnius to recoup their losses.

Finally, I've decided to do this:

Finnishinvolvment.png

By bringing Finland into the war, the only Red stack directly in front of me near Pskov is forced to make a hard choice - Attempt to stop the flow of Armee Group B and protect Novgorod (whilst consequently losing Petrograd), or defend Petrograd whilst losing Novgorod. Either way is good for me. Striking at Petrograd will destroy one of the pillars of the Communist platform, but failure to take it (whilst taking Novgorod), won't hurt me too badly in the long run (My NM continues to climb upwards).

Early November, 1921

In the north, the Finnish forces unlock:

PskovEarlyNovember1921.png

What I should say is that literally every Finnish force unlocks. Every garrison and troops inside the Mannerheim line unlock. This collected force will be roughly 2000 pwr worth of men, who I'm now collecting at Viipuri. The large militia force that I accumulate as a result means that various Finnish training officers will spend the winter training some 20,000 odd men into actual fighting men.

However, you can see that snow has arrived in northern Russia (meaning the map will be covered in the stuff next turn). This does not necessarily mean an end to the campaign season. With the Red's basically on their knees and nothing in front of the Germans in various places, I believe it may be possible to continue to put the Reds on the back foot. I've severely damaged them in almost eight months of campaigning, but giving them time is a bad idea.

In the center, the only major battle this turn means the capture of a Red Tankadrome(producer of tanks and WSU), and a level 3 depot:

FirstTula1921LateOctober.png

With Tula secure, all phase line objectives will likely be captured before the snow falls across the map.

CentralEarlyNovember1921.png

In Vitebsk, 120,000 Germans under Sixt Von Armin are ordered to capture the city. Inside the city, the well-entrenched Trotsky and his 40,000 men await the assault. It is likely this next turn will be bloody.

At Rostov, minor fighting continues unabated, but with no elements destroyed on either side, it's not worth putting up a battle report. However, the Dneiper fleet is due to arrive at Mariupol, and will clear the Don of Red River boats (if the river doesn't freeze.)

Further south, in the Trancaucus,

TranscaucsEarlyNovember.png

Everybody misses out on their flu shot and the whole army is down for this turn. The only exception is the Transcaucasians. With snow due to arrive in this sector in one turn, I order them to make a desperate attack on Grozy on all-out assault posture, whilst the Austrian Armee Gruppe Donau retreats to Derbent and XV.Armee (the Germans) are ordered inside the structure (winter does no hits so long as you are on/inside a structure, regardless of what the structure is [and if you have supply]).

No decisions this turn. My conscript rate every turn is actually over 100 conscript companies each turn, due to the capture of Red towns.