After KA 1 & these threads do I really want to start this game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(512626)

First Lieutenant
11 Badges
Jun 23, 2012
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
I bought KA 1 when it was released and quit twice mid-game because the AI was insanely hard after a certain point -- e.g. timed/destructive Seelie events X 5 suddenly and rebellion overload -- I believe it was considered a bug. Otherwise I really enjoyed the game and was disappointed to just shelf it. There may have been fixes since, I haven't checked.

But after having finally gotten KA 2 on sale and now reading some posts on Steam and here, I am wondering if I should even begin it. Are game-breaking crashes etc. common other than the initial start-up?

And I know I won't learn if it works until I play but I'm just trying to ascertain if these problems are common or not and/or more inclined to affect certain users. I am running Win 7 64-bit with Nvdia 460 v2

I guess I am asking what are my chances of successful full game play 95 percent, 50 percent or what?

Thanks -- I just don't want to invest a lot of time in a game that is buggy right now, if that is the case. I wasn't worried about bugs so much as I thought this was a Paradox title, but I guess it's Neocore? No offense meant, I'm just not (as) familiar with them.

Last edited:
Chapter 4 Start, 129 turns into the game. So far exactly 1 bug - the opening screen (choosing loads, scenarios, options) froze once.

If you´re interested in a story driven RPG with some RTS elements (battles), go for it.

Regards,
Thorsten

I can't comment on bugs, but I can acknowledge that KA 1 has some timed events with multiple armies. It actually reminded me of Total War Shogun 2's Realm Divide mechanic, where all of a sudden you are facing several enemies you did not expect. What I did to overcome that challenge in KA 1 was move back a few turns to an earlier save game, and build up my forces before completing the quest(s) that trigger the spawning armies. Note that if you do quests "fast and furious" you can actually complete two quests that trigger spawning armies, so you could end up with a double whammy of spawning armies, but if you do it a little slower when you know you are at the trouble point, you can see what is happening, and it is more manageable.

I bought KA 1 when it was released and quit twice mid-game because the AI was insanely hard after a certain point -- e.g. timed/destructive Seelie events X 5 suddenly and rebellion overload -- I believe it was considered a bug. Otherwise I really enjoyed the game and was disappointed to just shelf it. There may have been fixes since, I haven't checked.