• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Operational Plannings Atlantic Theater 1 November 1943 - 1 Januar 1944
Administrative Action 1: Army Group 'France' set objectives to Berlin, Dresden and Rostock on Blitzing Stance
Administrative Action 2: First Army set objectives to Berlin, Dresden and Danzig on Blitzing Stance
Administrative Action 3: 5th Corps -> First Army
Administrative Action 4: Fourth Army disable AI control
Operative Action 1: SAG 'Pennsylvania' move to Coast of Holland - Aggressive Stance
Operative Action 2: Select all units in Targoviste, Slatina and Giurgiu at once
Operative Action 3: Deselect 6th and 31st Infantry
Operative Action 4: Right-Click on Bucuresti, while holding Ctrl.
Operative Action 5: Select move order, tick 'synchronise arrival' box (THIS IS CRUCIAL), and hit accept.
Operative Action 6: Ship the units in Norfolk to Dubrovnik, TRG 'Freedom' remains there.
--
Upon the surrender of Romania:
Administrative Action 5: New 26th Infantry: Take 4th&5th Infantry Brigade from 1st Infantry, while handing 18th Artillery Brigade to 1st Infantry
Administrative Action 6: New 24th Infantry: Take 4th&5th Infantry Brigade from 2nd Infantry, while handing 26th Artillery Brigade to 2nd Infantry
Administrative Action 7: Detach 24th&26th Infantry from their corps, and redeploy to Dubrovnik ((Both of the should consist of 5xINF now))
--
Upon the surrender of Germany:
Administrative Action 8: Attach 4th Corps, 4th US Armored Corps and 3rd US Armored Corps to newly created 1st Army ((Remember the move?))
Operative Action 7: Redeploy 4th/33rd to Pinerolo
Operative Action 8: Redeploy 4th/4th to San Remo
Operative Action 9: Redeploy 4th/7th&8th to Charolles
Operative Action 10: Redeploy 4thUS/8th&9th to Nevers
Operative Action 11: Redeploy 4thUS/10th to Melle
Operative Action 12: Redeploy 3rdUS/5th to Melle
Operative Action 13: Redeploy 3rdUS/6th&7th to Roquefort
Operative Action 14: SAG 'Iowa' -> Rebase to La Spezia, then move to Skers Channel
Operative Action 15: SAG 'Montana' -> move to Central Algerian Cost
Administrative Action 9: Split TRG 'Freedom in half ((5xTP with TRG 'Freedom' and 5xTP with 1st Navy))
Operative Action 16: 26th Infantry on TRG 'Freedom' -> Central Algerian Coast
Operative Action 17: 24th Infantry on 1st Navy -> Skerks Channel
--
If all troops are in position, supply is ok and suffer no attack delay:
Administrative Action 10: DOW Vichy France ((According to Vichy France Liberation Bill))
Operative Action 18: 3rdUS/6th&7th -> Montpellier via Toulouse
Operative Action 19: 3rdUS/5th and 4thUS/10th -> Limoges
Operative Action 20: 4thUS/8th&9th -> Vichy
Operative Action 21: 4th/7th -> Montpellier via Lyon
Operative Action 22: 4th/8th -> Romans sur Isere
Operative Action 23: 4th/4th -> Marseilles via Nice
Operative Action 24: 4th/33th -> Marseilles
Operative Action 25: 24th -> Tunis
Operative Action 26: 26th -> Alger
--
After battler of Nice lost:
Operative Action 27: Wait for the French to leave, and then repeat the assault (in my ~30 games testing that issue, they leaved all times, so that should be pretty sure))
--
After Vichy France surrendered:
Administrative Action 11: All ships return to their bases, TRG 'Freedom' will be joined by 1st Navy.
Administrative Action 12: Now Europe is free from Nazis, we should liberate our allies, if you don't mid, I'll create events for that (the ingame functions are buggy in that matter).
--
Lieutenant-General Joseph Warren Stilwell
Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater ((If I'm understanding you correctly, I'm now promoted))

Last edited:
General Stilwell,

You are indeed promoted. Congratulations!

One point of clarification: AA2 has AI actions for Fourth Army, but AA4 has me disabling AI control. Could you please clarify? Also, what do you mean by "Remember the move?"

Admiral Leahy

((Creating events is fine, provided you tell me what they mean to accomplish, and that it's something we've already approved in-thread.))

General Stilwell,

You are indeed promoted. Congratulations!

One point of clarification: AA2 has AI actions for Fourth Army, but AA4 has me disabling AI control. Could you please clarify? Also, what do you mean by "Remember the move?"

Admiral Leahy

((Creating events is fine, provided you tell me what they mean to accomplish, and that it's something we've already approved in-thread.))
Admiral Leahy,
As I edited above, AA2 meant First Army, not Fourth.
"Remember the move" was just a try to joke about the confusion I created with 1st Army when I published my first plannings.
((As of the events, that's mostly related to France, since there's no clean way to liberate them without events (if you choose the cb, borders will get screwed, while using Conquer usually annexes Vichy, therefore you liberate only the german occupied zone of France, while Vichy remains USA). However I'll soon create some bills to decide the fate of Europe (it might be good to change Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania back to what they were prewar), also about if and how we cut Germany.))
--
As I have seen, nobody answered your call for COMINCUSA and COMINCUSAAC, so I offer you some sort of interim:
I would do both posts till the point there's someone else who might do this job. If we're at that point, I'll leave immediately. ((I don't think it's good for the AAR to leave the two posts literally empty, nor to combine COMINCUSA, COMINCUSAAC and COMINCATL on the same person)). Just in the view that the war in Europe is more or less won (As of 1/11/43 we need one additional German VP, and Bucuresti from the Romanians, which is pretty bad defended (one heavily understrength HARM, and one equally understrength INF divisions are there, while we have much more full str/org units from three flanks), and Vichy is not worth to mention, since they get nothing France had (no fleet, no army, no airforce, just the standard 3xINF in each VP).

I think what I'll do is offer the post to Gen. Marshall and make you Deputy, if you're willing; if he has questions about FTM, he can ask you (or me). I'll let the two of you work out your relationship.

EDIT: Don't forget, according to the goals we've set, we'll almost certainly have to go to war with the USSR to release Poland.

Last edited:
I think what I'll do is offer the post to Gen. Marshall and make you Deputy, if you're willing; if he has questions about FTM, he can ask you (or me). I'll let the two of you work out your relationship.

EDIT: Don't forget, according to the goals we've set, we'll almost certainly have to go to war with the USSR to release Poland.
OK, I'll talk with Gen. Marshall.

Pacific plans are approved; one more day for the Atlantic plans. I plan to update this weekend.

Washington, November 1st 1943
George Marshall's speech in the Senate
GenMarshall2.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Senate,

During the preparations for our invasion of Fortress Europe, our great President endowed upon me his trust
that I would lead the US First Army into battle with pride and success. Success came with the liberation of
Hungary, and the following invasion of the Heimat itself. Then, as the downfall of the 3rd Reich approached,
I was called back to Washington for reasons previously unknown. The rest of my little anecdote is known to
you all - the President has honoured my pride of serving the United States of America as he named me the
new Chief of the U.S. Army & Air Force.

As I stand before you here, I realize that my task is a difficult one, for I have been given command of the
greatest army in the world. I also realize that even in this modern age, most of the world is still subjugated
to dictatorial or colonial regimes. The tasks we have endowed upon ourselves as the Arsenal of Democracy
are far from fulfilled. Yet I am proud to see that we are working to improve our world and, if you allow me to,
I will make sure we will succeed.

I'd also like to thank some great people who have helped or will help me to fulfill my duties. First of all, our
President Willikie, who has supported and trusted me since his very election. Secondly, my Deputy Chief of
the US Army & Air Force and Commander-In-Chief of the Atlantic Theater, Lt. General Stilwell. Currently, he
is briefing me about the US forces under my command and I trust him to be a dedicated and capable officer.
Finally, I salute General Geiger, Commander-In-Chief of the Pacific, with whom I will work closely in the future.

- Field Marshal George C. Marshall
Chief of the U.S. Army & Air Force

((Mmmmm, I love hearing the words "Arsenal of Democracy" in this AAR since my Senator coined them. Gotta love alternate history.))

Congratulations on your promotion, General Marshall! One of your first duties shall be to choose your replacement as Commander of First Army. ((In general, if you want to mess with the OOB, that's your department too.))

Admiral Leahy

PACCOM communique to Chief of Army office:

Congratulations to Field Marshal Marshall <STOP>
Look forward to working with you. <STOP>

230950287110597153_glilyF1P_b.jpg

My fellow countrymen, while it may be "jumping the gun" so to speak, I duly believe that the post-war partition of Germany should be such that we allow them to retain control of most of their sovereign land from post-Anschluss of Austria. While Austria's annexation can be considered illegal, it is a common union of German peoples together, which, if democracized correctly... Works plentiful for us. Czechoslovakia should be restored to complete pre-war borders, as should the rest of the Balkans. The German-ethnic portion of Alsace-Lorraine, aswell as Northern Schleswig should hold a plebiscite on joining Germany or their partner nation as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Senator Mary Phillips
Senator to this Congress from the State of California
Head of the Democratic Party

((My proposal:

-- Create FRG with control of pre-war Germany plus Austria
-- status quo antebellum the Balkans
-- Potentially include Alsace-Lorraine and Slesvig into Germany
-- Restore natural borders besides that, including Poland.))

I can agree with Senator Phillips except for the bit involving French and Danish lands. You can make a point about Austria, but letting the enemy keep lands from our Allies seems like an extreme stab in the back.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

I can agree with Senator Phillips except for the bit involving French and Danish lands.
I see a point, in letting the population in the Alsace decide, however I'm against that in Northern Slesvig, since we don't have a German majority there.
Also I would only include Austria by plebiscite, since Austria was never joined with 'Germany' and the annexation itself was clearly illegal.
We've also to think about holding plebiscite in the Austrian inhabited regions, ceded to Italy after WW1.

There is some merit in your proposal, Senator Phillips, however there are two things I really can't agree with.

- Alsace-Lorraine and Northern Schleswig: As mentioned by fellow Senators, we can't give away lands that belong to our allies.
- The Danzig question: Even before the reign of Hitler, the separation of Western from Eastern Prussia was a point of conflict. We should either give Eastern Prussia to Poland or give Danzig to Germany.

- Senator Ryan Marshall (D-NV)

------------------------------

Senators,

Hereby I present you my successor as commander of the First Army: General Taylor. He has already proven himself a capable general, and has worked in this sector before. I wish him luck with his new assignment; I am sure my former staff will help him like they have helped me.

Furthermore, I want to announce that I will be officially taking up my position as of New Year's Day 1944. During these two months, I will visit the troops in Europe, and visit the Pacific Theatre for a personal meeting with General Geiger - communication by telegraph is inefficient at the very least. The Commanders-In-Chief and the President will hold interim command of the Army until my return.

- Field Marshal George C. Marshall
Chief of the US Army & Air Force

Last edited:
As a reminder, we don't necessarily have to divide Germany, just because they did it IRL. All plans are now approved (and will shortly be added to the front page); I'll play and update tomorrow, hopefully. :)

My thing is fellow senators, I'd prefer not to see World War III in my lifetime. Stripping the Germans of their land as was done by our esteemed "friends" in France at the end of the First World War did nothing but fuel resentment of the entire Allied Nations, while my Slesvig proposal might be a bit much, I'm very supportive of German borders being restored to some semblence of either pre-1936 or pre-1914 borders, we may be shrinking our allies, but what is the price compared to world peace?

In any case, North Slesvig-Holstein is negotiable.

My thing is fellow senators, I'd prefer not to see World War III in my lifetime. Stripping the Germans of their land as was done by our esteemed "friends" in France at the end of the First World War did nothing but fuel resentment of the entire Allied Nations, while my Slesvig proposal might be a bit much, I'm very supportive of German borders being restored to some semblence of either pre-1936 or pre-1914 borders, we may be shrinking our allies, but what is the price compared to world peace?

In any case, North Slesvig-Holstein is negotiable.

And if we give Danzig to Germany, is Alsace-Lorraine negotiable too?
(This would equal pre-1936 borders with the Austria and Danzig questions solved.)

((EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what's the British English spelling of the word theater?))

Last edited:
And if we give Danzig to Germany, is Alsace-Lorraine negotiable too?
(This would equal pre-1936 borders with the Austria and Danzig questions solved.)

((EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what's the British English spelling of the word theater?))

((Theatre.))

If Danzig is granted to Germany, then yes, we can probably omit Alsace-Lorraine all together.

Signed,
Senator Mary Philipps
(D-CA)

If Danzig is granted to Germany, then yes, we can probably omit Alsace-Lorraine all together.
Alsace-Lorraine definitely not.
Alsace yes, they changed many times in history. Lorraine however was more of a humiliation and military strategy (good defendable border) thingy, Lorraine never was part of Germany or any of her predecessor states.