• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I. Once American troops have full control of [Germany] a British style constitutional monarchy shall be established.
VIII. America will give [Germany] $100 million dollars to help re-build and pay reparations.

These two points need some serious reconsideration, so I will vote Nay on this proposal.

My suggested changes to the act are:

I*. Once American troops have full control of Germany a federal democratic regime similar to ours will be established.
The Kaiser has caused the Great War, and we shouldn't allow his descendants to gain influence.
VIII*. America will loan $100 million dollars to formerly occupied countries, as per a Plan that will be described at a later date.
Giving money to Germany is the last thing we should do.

Addendum: I fear some of you might have voted Aye without examining the details. Please reconsider your vote as this proposal will be devestating to the future of Europe.

Last edited:
Aye!

Signed,
Senator Mary Philipps
D-CA

These two points need some serious reconsideration, so I will vote Nay on this proposal.

My suggested changes to the act are:

I*. Once American troops have full control of Germany a federal democratic regime similar to ours will be established.
The Kaiser has caused the Great War, and we shouldn't allow his descendants to gain influence.
VIII*. America will loan $100 million dollars to formerly occupied countries, as per a Plan that will be described at a later date.
Giving money to Germany is the last thing we should do.

Addendum: I fear some of you might have voted Aye without examining the details. Please reconsider your vote as this proposal will be devestating to the future of Europe.

Senator Marshall,

The current vote is only to allow an armistice possibility with the German government; I do not consider the Romanian and Hungarian treaties binding in the least. The final peace with Germany will, of course, be dealt with more comprehensively after we stop shooting at each other.

President Willkie

((With Gen. Marshall's Nay vote, we have to keep voting, so please do register your votes.))

Poll:

Aye: 5
Nay: 1

But Senator Marshall,

Wouldn't this "unconditional surrender", give Stalin more time to reach for Berlin, and in turn, put ourselves in less of a position at German surrender? Even then, our boys are far from Berlin yet, can we afford more lives on two war-fronts?

Signed,
Mary Phillips
Senator of California (D)

After all these years of unnecessary bloodshed, I deem nothing but an unconditional surrender appropriate.

((In game terms, are you arguing for the Conquest of Germany?))

Senator Marshall,

The president has made it clear that these treaties are not ironclad. He said a similar treaty will be offered and the "final dispensation of Europe to be handled at a conference after the war". This is the most practical solution since we hardly have the time to be sitting down to draw out everything that needs to be done in Europe while at war with Japan and Stalin is barreling down toward Berlin.
I should certainly hope that by unconditional surrender you do not mean American conquest of Germany and her peoples. I do agree however that we must not just give Germany money even if it is under a new regime, that is money that the American public has entrusted to us to use for their defense and benefit, however giving a loan for Germany to begin their recovery seems reasonable.

- Senator Andrew Ryan, R-MI

((In game terms, are you arguing for the Conquest of Germany?))

((No, your suggestion was fine in game terms. I'm just putting up a role-play argument here.))

Senators,

It is highly unlikely that the Germans will agree to a conditional surrender... where the conditions will be discussed after we occupy their country. I think we should be clear in what we ask from them; we want them to surrender, unconditionally, so we can install a democratic government in a friendly German state.

Poll:

Aye: 6
Nay: 1

((Novatheorem is working on some sort of super-secret presentation for his plans; I PMed Shierholzer but have had no response yet.))

((Novatheorem is working on some sort of super-secret presentation for his plans; I PMed Shierholzer but have had no response yet.))
((Sorry, I didn't see your PM, if the network on my train works, it should be ready tomorrow at 4pm (GMT+1) or 11pm (GMT-6). If the network doesn't work, you've to wait till ~23pm (GMT+1) when I should get network at Frankfurt, where it is quite reliable (just to note: the equipment on our trains is old, and from time to time it is dead).))

I have to side with Senator Marshall.
In all the minor nazi allies, the population were consisting just of followers. However in Germany most of the population was somehow indoctrinated by Hitler and his fellows. If we allow Germany an conditional surrender, there's a quite big risk, we've the same problem with them just twenty years from now. So I vote Nay.
-- David Worth Clark (D-ID)

((Sorry, I didn't see your PM, if the network on my train works, it should be ready tomorrow at 4pm (GMT+1) or 11pm (GMT-6). If the network doesn't work, you've to wait till ~23pm (GMT+1) when I should get network at Frankfurt, where it is quite reliable (just to note: the equipment on our trains is old, and from time to time it is dead).))

((No worries. :)))

I have to side with Senator Marshall.
In all the minor nazi allies, the population were consisting just of followers. However in Germany most of the population was somehow indoctrinated by Hitler and his fellows. If we allow Germany an conditional surrender, there's a quite big risk, we've the same problem with them just twenty years from now. So I vote Nay.
-- David Worth Clark (D-ID)

That's now:

Aye: 6
Nay: 2

((Bah, I haven't figured out all the kinks yet - but I will before the invasion on Japan. Until then, this will have to be done normally.))

Until this classification is altered by the President of the United States or the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the contents of this briefing are classified Top Secret. Under the Espionage Act of 1917, the transmission of this briefing in any format to unauthorized parties constitutes an act of treason, and will be prosecuted accordingly.

Operational Planning: 60-day plan Nov – Jan 44

In order to best position our resources for an assault on the Japanese mainland, supply lines to the US must be established and maintained. Further starvation of the Japanese fleet while 2nd USMC arrives will continue through the monsoon season, and will prepare for a mainland assault in the New Year. Resources are to stay engaged and entrenched for the next few months while vital supplies and resources arrive in preparation.

Resources:

CTF ‘Lexington’ (in theater)
CTF ‘Enterprise’ (in theater)
CTF ‘Hornet’ (in theater)
CTF ‘Intrepid’ (in theater)
SAG ‘Colorado’ (in theater)
FRF ‘Angel’ (in theater)

20th, 21st, 22nd Submarine Fleet (based in LA)
SSQ ‘Jackal’ (in theater)
SSQ ‘Raven’ (in theater)

TRG ‘Fraternity’ (based in LA)

100th USAAF Interceptor Wing (based in LA)
1st Coastal Squadron (in theater)

Operational Contingency 1: All resources must be at 100% Organization before embarking on duties
Operational Contingency 2: All resources must be at 80% Strength before embarking on duties
Operational Contingency 3: Resources with units below 50% are to retreat and refit.
Administrative Note 1: 20th, 21st, and 22nd Submarine will retain such designations until resource name is designated by Chief of Navy

Rebase duties:
TRG ‘Fraternity’ loads 2nd USMC + troops and rebases to Wake Island (or you could Move to Hawaii, Midway, Wake if it must be done in accord to move parameters)
100th USAAF rebase to Guam (same as above, including Eniwetok, Truk, Guam, if it needs to be in moves)
SSQ ‘Jackal’ rebase to Yap
FRF ‘Angel’ rebase to Guam
1st Coastal Squadron rebase to Guam
CTF ‘Intrepid’ rebase to Truk
CTF ‘Lexington’ rebase to Truk
20th, 21st, 22nd Submarine rebase to Midway Isle

Operational duties:
TRG ‘Fraternity’ unloads 2nd USMC + troops in Wake Isle
SSQ Raven – Cancel Orders, Repair and Refit
SSQ Jackal convoy raid Fitzgerald Canyon (aggressive stance)
1st Coastal Squadron Naval Strike on Central Mariana Trench (aggressive stance)
100th USAAF Air Intercept on Central Mariana Trench, Central Southern Mariana Trench, Central Northern Mariana Trench (aggressive stance)
CTF ‘Enterprise’ patrols Far Southwestern Mariana Basin (defensive stance)
CTF ‘Hornet’ patrols Western Mariana Basin (defensive stance)
SAG Colorado patrols Fais Shoal (defensive stance)

General,

Would you like to merge the submarine squadrons together, or keep them separate for now?

Admiral Leahy

To PACCOM and COMINCHIEF from CHIEFNAVY

Proposed group names for our submarine squadrons [STOP]
SSQ Hydra, SSQ Medusa, and SSQ Gorgon [STOP]
Pending approval of COMINCHIEF [STOP]
Plan approved in all parts [STOP]
Give them Hell [Full Stop]

General,

Would you like to merge the submarine squadrons together, or keep them separate for now?

Admiral Leahy

As thin as our resources are, leaving them as individual convoy raiders is probably the best strategy.

Gen. Roy S. Geiger,
USMC

General Geiger,

You mentioned the FRF 'Angel' in your plans. However according to Operation Shuffle this unit is part of ATLCOM.
Just asking for clarification.

Lieutenant-General Joseph Warren Stilwell
Deputy Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater

Due to a clerical error, FRF Angel is currently deployed in the Pacific. Pending approval by ALTCOM, it will remain there until the new year to assist in Operations.

-Frank Knox,
Chief of Staff, United States Navy

Last edited: