Europa Universalis IV – Developer Diary 12 - Dominium Maris Baltici

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Solution: Turn the Balkans into a Wasteland, so people will stop complaining.

(Captain Gars is too nice!)

Or, solution: actually get it right once, or even remotely right XD

And yes, i agree, Gars is nice.

Russia is being redone like many other regions, it's just not in this screenshot.

Thats great news.

I'm confused.

There was lots of talk about how Sweden was short of manpower, but then 2/7 of their national ideas give them extra manpower. I would have though that bonus manpower was a Russian national idea, and that if you wanted a country to be short of manpower you would avoid giving them any bonus MP through national ideas?

Multiplicative modifiers applied to low base numbers, yo! Also, it gives you a reason to prioritize the national ideas. Are they worth it compared to tech an other idea groups though.... decisions decisions ...

Tills han vitögat ser karolinen marscherar fram...
And, this being Europa Universalis, you can count on events and other random factors also modifying the price temporarily.
And another option to meteor sighted event? ;)

Also, why does the water looks... strange? Dark in some places, bright in other and it transitions badly. A graphic glitch?

Georgia again much bigger than had to be. :))

Problem with Georgia is that all maps from that time show Golden Horde right up to that point where northern Georgian border is in vanilla. In reality that region between GH southern border and Georgia's northern border is region called "Circassia" and it appears that there were various nomadic people's living there. The thing is, there is no clear information on them (apart from some vague indication that they were Orthodox and then switched to Islam at some point), and a friend of mine and i also checked some Russian sources, so i assume someone made that whole area Georgia rather than giving it to GH.

Nice diary. Thanks.

I wonder how the 10% cheaper stability NI is working out in the game. If one stability point cost you 100 administrative points, with this NI you will pay only 90. If the mtth in EU4 for the comet event is the same as in EU3, this means you can save a lot of points.

Edit:

And can someone tell me what Indelningsverket and Produktplakatet means in english?

Indelningsverket was a reform during XVII century. The idea was to make a new administration and the smallest piece was a "rot" (root) that always needed to send a number of soldier, in peace or war there was soldiers. Two times a year (in peace) the where on training with their regiment the rest of the time they served as farmers and with a small payment on life time from the crown. The farm they used was owned by the crown when they couldn't serve as soldiers they lost the farm but still got paid by the king in cash. This decision was supposed to give Sweden a well trained army available in short time.

Johan: Why doesn't Indelningsverket give some discipline bonus?

Produktplakatet was a decision in 1724 that forbid foreign merchant ships in Swedish ports, if the ship was English and bringing goods from China it was forbidden to make port but if it was English shipping goods from Great Britain it was okay to make port. It was supposed to give Swedish East India Company monopoly on their trade route.

Nice diary. Thanks.

I wonder how the 10% cheaper stability NI is working out in the game. If one stability point cost you 100 administrative points, with this NI you will pay only 90. If the mtth in EU4 for the comet event is the same as in EU3, this means you can save a lot of points.

Edit:

And can someone tell me what Indelningsverket and Produktplakatet means in english?

Indelingsverket is translated as the allotment system

wikipedia to the rescue!

I don't like sweden. but perhaps that is because i have norwegian ancestory.

the original post was full of trololololol

i hope when it is said Sweden will "win" most games that does not mean sweden will take over russia or germany ;P

i hope when it is said Sweden will "win" most games that does not mean sweden will take over russia or germany ;P

Feat not my Viking friend, in all true and historically accurate mods for EU4, Norway shall rise to rule them all, again. Cept for Russia, naturally.

Feat not my Viking friend, in all true and historically accurate mods for EU4, Norway shall rise to rule them all, again. Cept for Russia, naturally.
No need for mods. See my signature.

I do wonder what Norway's special stuff will be since they were not independent for that long. Extra explorers and ahistorical colonialism? Something pushing Norway into Greenland and over to Canada? Missions pushing for the creation of Vinlad:D?