• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All countries except Reichskomisserats may compete. Some countries are better equipped than others.

The chief competitors are the USA, USSR, Germany (the GER),France, England, China (PRC or Nationalist depending on who wins the civil war), Japan, and India. SOV, USA, and GER have the best tech teams for it. But every country with a space program today can spend money to unlock that tech team early. NASA and RKK ENERGIA are the two "best" space tech teams in terms of skill and tech specialties followed by Korolev and Von Braun.

In the current events, a country that reaches a certain tech may declare a race for 1. the moon 2. a permanent lunar settlement, or 3. a mission to mars. The first country to accomplish the task wins.

I'm trying to get this fully integrated with NWO because I've added a lot of ministers and other teams for my personal use which would work well with that mod.

Have you noticed this picture below? I edited it, you can use it if you want to.

attachment.php

I'm unable to download this mod via MediaFire. It's saying "Split Archive Blocked" and then:

The file you attempted to download is an archive that is part of a set of archives. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of split archives and the limit for this file has been reached. MediaFire understands the need for users to transfer very large or split archives, up to 10GB per file, and we offer this service starting at $1.50 per month.

We have informed the owner that sharing of this file has been limited and how they can resolve this issue.

I'd really love to have this mod, so could the maker please create a mirror or fix whatever this problem is? Thank you.

Any news on one of the best mods for Darkest Hour?

Here, use this image for an event in case Poland can into space:

2ppebua.jpg

^^ Not a true Briton, bowler hat missing

Any special events or Teams for Communist Germany? I'm using Faulty's awesome Mod and would love to have a space race to go with that.

spaceracereduxopeningimage.jpg

Hey everyone,

Several months back I put my Space Race mod on hold because of work, trouble with coding, and various personal issues. However, things have changed. First, I’ve recently been laid off, and thus have more time for modding. Second, I’ve received multiple messages from several people who want this project to see the light of day, including Fernando Torres. Finally, the latest patch is out, and it has added a few commands that may make editing things a tad easier on me.

Unfortunately, there have been some setbacks. I lost a lot of the original files. Thankfully, I still have the pics (which is good as there were like 100+ of them). I also have a lot of notes that I’ve made for the project. I’m using that to get this stuff remade asap.

The rest of this post will be reserved for download links, occasional updates on the general progress of the mod, as well as lists of what help I currently need with the mod.

Download the latest alpha (.2.5): http://www.mediafire.com/?46afwknh8bb9u4l
Latest Changes:
  1. Artificial Satellite launch event working (correctly?) for all nations
  2. All nations that launched an artificial satellite with their own rocket (plus Germany and Nationalist China) now have special reaction events for their launches.
  3. 1000 supplies now marked in the AI prerequisites of Space Agency events, so hopefully Gherry will go less crazy.
  4. Israel now has an event to unlock their space tech team if they have icbms.
  5. 18 New Tech Teams Added

Stuff that would help me out a lot
  1. Does anyone know how to edit AI files, and would be willing to help with that? I want to make sure that certain AI countries will actually research these techs.
  2. Can someone help with the creation of some sort of Space Race specific Victory Screen (which wouldn’t include any alliances). My goal is to get this mod implemented in the base game and maybe convince Martin to add a code that will allow me to fire off the victory screen once you’ve made it to the moon (as a “minor” country) or to Mars as one of the big 3 Space powers (USA, GER, USSR).
  3. Is anyone willing to help with additional tech team and event pictures as needed?

I was reading a comment of yours on the 'Coldwar Tech Tree' thread and was wondering how far along it has come and if this is ready for DH 1.03 or will work just fine otherwise? :)

I was reading a comment of yours on the 'Coldwar Tech Tree' thread and was wondering how far along it has come and if this is ready for DH 1.03 or will work just fine otherwise? :)

I haven't made the effort to translate the Space Race mod to DH 1.3. I don't know if it will work as is.

However, most of the techs and many of the teams and events (plus new ones) will be added to Kretoxian's The Cold War Tech Tree Expansion. We've also talked to Bizon about either integrating CWTT into NWO or making some sort of NWO patch for it. We'll be adding some new tech teams (for things like helicopter techs) and I'd like for that to be entirely NWO compatible.

Krex's mod works fine with 1.3 DH full as is. It also works with NWO if you start in 1933 or 1936. The only issues with starting at a later date is that some of the secret weapons trees will be messed up based on what secret weapons events countries have unlocked at the start of the scenario. this is, of course, an issue with the base game as well.

He's adding a lot of cool stuff each Friday, so its come a long way in just a few weeks. I don't know when he'll be ready for a release, however. He has a lot of cool techs in the works so it might be a little while.