• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter VI: An alternative WWII?

Germany has finally decided to DoW Poland, meaning the WWII started like 6 months later than it should have...

clipboard01hn.jpg

Hitler also decided to take Austria the old-fashioned way...

clipboard02gu.jpg

Later on, all three attacked countries in Central Europe have been accepted to Allies...

clipboard03qu.jpg

clipboard04hn.jpg

clipboard05lt.jpg

Germans are greedy! They have taken all of those countries and now they´re heading onto Benelux and France... For some reason, Czechoslovakia was annexed; I guess it´s scripted, so they´re annexed every time?

clipboard06kz.jpg

The fight for Benelux is raging; Allies are entrenched in Belgium...

clipboard07n.jpg

Some things just won´t change; again a suicide landing in Netherlands by UK... Fortress Belgium has fallen; Frenchmen aren´t supposed to hold out for long...

clipboard08ww.jpg

P.S. I´m posting another chapter right up! :)

I refuse to wait! :D
I wonder how the war and the general rectanglity of Germany will affect Italy, and thus you. But I guess that will be said in the next chapter?

It took you four minutes to read that update!? :eek: I´d better put up some more juicy content, not just screenshots with descritpions! :p

Chapter VII: Vorwärts Panzers!

Who would´ve taught that Ethiopia will have Infantry tech researched by 1941? (Anyway, who would´ve expected that Ethiopia survives to the next winter!) :D

clipboard01ldd.jpg

I´m using this improvement as soon as I can; MIL units were out-dated even before the war broke out (!) and I don´t even have any else unit type to build...

clipboard02ni.jpg

If I´m to get Ethiopia to Comintern, I need to change that PA regime to some kind of democracy...

clipboard03m.jpg

No Poland for you, you greedy SU! (Sing it, it´s a rhyme!)

clipboard04y.jpg

The stalemate in Asia; Chinese are dug in behind the Yellow river... Japanese aren´t moving anywhere soon...

clipboard05wm.jpg

Initial hostilities on the new Soviet-German borders have started... No falling back now!

clipboard06agg.jpg

I´ve currently 22 divisions; my estimate is that Italians have at least twice as many of them...

clipboard07b.jpg

A progress is made on the Eastern front; Germans are trying to push Soviets from the Europe...

clipboard08a.jpg

How will look like the next years of my little Ethiopian Empire? How will be the German Predator fight against the Soviet Bear? Will be there any unexpected factors influencing the game drastically? Be sure to check out the next episode!

Britain and France continue to put up all the fight of a wet marmot.

Chapter VIII: The Empire Strikes Back

„Vito, what are the Ethiopians up to?“ „I´ve already told you Gerardo, how should I know? Let´s hope that we´ll get more supplies soon... We are buggered without some proper food before the battle breaks out...“ „Here, let´s have these two last cigars; at least let us put a bit of that stress away...“ „Grazie ragazzi.“

What are the Ethiopians up to? Heh, those poor guys don´t have even a clue...

At first, we are going to take over the Djibouti region, to open a wider axis of attack on Italian positions... Maybe we´ll surprise them with this smart move! :)

clipboard09b.jpg

Ethiopian troops have attacked defense-less Vichy´s troops; you can´t fight without ammo! :D

clipboard10t.jpg

With the French colony taken, I´m finally at graps of the Italian port!

clipboard11n.jpg

clipboard12f.jpg

Sometimes numbers aren´t everything, especially when you suffer all this Stacking and Supply penalty...

clipboard13j.jpg

Stubborn Italians are eventually throwing more troops into combat...

clipboard14z.jpg

clipboard15p.jpg

At this point I´ve stopped doing screenshots of my home front for some reason...

The Soviet Bear is angry! Manchuria is no more...

clipboard16g.jpg

The Bear is angry also on Germans...

clipboard17l.jpg

Japan presence in China is almost cut down to zero at the moment; only Shanxi and Korea are the last Japanese footholds in China...

clipboard18a.jpg

For some reason, Portugal (along with Burma) has trouble managing their rebels...

clipboard19t.jpg

Only Korea is now left for the Soviets to be conquered, former Shanxi is divided between Nationalists and Soviet Union...

clipboard20.jpg

Germans are losing this fight; I guess that lack of 500 MP (Anschluss) and some core in Czech and Austrian provinces are the main factor why is their defense crumbling (or at least so fast)...

clipboard21k.jpg

Was there made any progress while Ethiopian troops were attacking Italians? Is this the fatal blow to the German Empire? Will be there a world of Communism?

These questions will be answered in the next chapter!

Thank god the war actually happened. How's the Axis front in Allied Africa? If the British are capturing Libya, you shouldn't have to bad a time one you kick the Italians out of Ethiopia.

Somehow they get insane dissent, and then it's not possible for them to reduce dissent and keep the rebels down, then it looks like this.

Yeah, and their units seem to be none in the homeland... Thank god that they have a Theatre HQ in the capital! :D

Thank god the war actually happened. How's the Axis front in Allied Africa? If the British are capturing Libya, you shouldn't have to bad a time one you kick the Italians out of Ethiopia.

I´m not sure... I can´t tell it to you now right off the bat, but after, I´ll return from the school I´ll try to find it in the save-game :)

You're brave! I think I'd pass out trying to play as Ethiopia but God love ya for doing it! Keep up the good work Ikarases :)

You're brave! I think I'd pass out trying to play as Ethiopia but God love ya for doing it! Keep up the good work Ikarases :)

Thanks all of you for supporting!

P.S. What would you think about my next AAR would be Yugoslavia? I think they´re in a pretty screwy situation, surrounded by all that Axis trash :p Of course I would go Allies! :)

Their minor little neighbour with the disappeared army would be fun, too :D
(Albania)

„Vito, what are the Ethiopians up to?“ „I´ve already told you Gerardo, how should I know? Let´s hope that we´ll get more supplies soon... We are buggered without some proper food before the battle breaks out...“ „Here, let´s have these two last cigars; at least let us put a bit of that stress away...“ „Grazie ragazzi.“

What are the Ethiopians up to? Heh, those poor guys don´t have even a clue...

I like this. It might not be a full narrative, but it is a good addition and flavor to the gameplay bit.

Their minor little neighbour with the disappeared army would be fun, too :D
(Albania)

This wouldn´t be original; some guy has already made a world conquest with Albania (he was even a Major Power I think :D)

I like this. It might not be a full narrative, but it is a good addition and flavor to the gameplay bit.

I taught of this when doing the 7th (?) chapter... It was just like [GENERIC NARRATIVENESS]---[/GENERIC NARRATIVENESS] :p Glad to hear you liked that, but I´m not that kind of guy like robw963, which takes weeks to make a small, but outstanding update...

I´m more of that WYSIWYG AARer, maybe adding something I remember from the gameplay (I´ve actually finished playing Ethiopia this weekend I think; I was ahead right from the start, playing like 6 years through some weekend)... I think I´ll make an update tomorrow/the day after it, I´m not quite in shape right now... :(

You mean eqqman? Ever since I read his AAR, I'm desperate to get someone to repeat his wonders.
IIRC, he conquered China. With Albania.

IIRC, I´ve annexed Japan. With Greece. :p

Yeah, landing one province from Tokyo isn´t very fair, but my comp was literally grinding through the game those days ;)

Chapter IX: The Soviet Menace and Ethiopian Advance​

“Werther, sound the alarm! Soviet units are advancing towards Lwów!”

clipboard22t.jpg

„Damn it, Ethiopians are moving in from all directions, we need to retreat!”

I´ve the Italians on their heels! Soon enough they´ll be swimming towards the Arabian Peninsula!

clipboard23o.jpg

Bloody victory! But with our superior strength in numbers and our boundless courage, the final victory is ours!

clipboard24z.jpg

The DPRK is established; looks like the Japanese are taking quite a beating!

clipboard25l.jpg

Those foolish Italians! They´ll find out soon enough that sending troops onto our landscape was a terrible move!

clipboard26.jpg

clipboard01izu.jpg

The final combat is close; Italians are losing ground along with troops...

clipboard02ebv.jpg

„Sowjetischen Truppe!” „Zurück fallen!” „Zdochni, sabaka!“ „Za Stalina!“

clipboard03fp.jpg

The battle for Reichstag is over... It seems that the war will be finally over!

Rate, comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading! :)

:eek: You're not gonna stop here, are you?

Just for those in the last row (insult :(, but I can´t help myself! :D); the fight for fortress Europe might be almost over, but it isn´t over for my Ethiopian Empire!

P.S. Possible update coming soon ;)