• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's 1/1/1192.

I know that much, but even with an idle Marshal, I can't get him to lead my armies, particularly over a king that stinks (not this one.)

Then you need to increase your crown authority. (which you can't as a count)

The most I understand of Techs are that they spread on a province based level. With some techs (like Noble Customs) it only matters what the tech in your captial is (i.e the tech level of your captial affects the bonus relations of all your vassals), i think. Tbh, techs don't really play a large part in CK2 anyways, so I wouldn't worry if you don't completely understand them. :)

Edit: Just checked the CK wiki; it indeed says that for Culture techs, the level of tech in your Capital county affects what bonuses you get from them

Nice intro! The current patriarch of the Hohenzollerns seems live a very lively fellow, even in his old age.

And the AAR's off to a start!
Of course, it'd have been a shame if the Kaiser were to suddenly die... *hint*

You know, Gavelkind isn't actually so bad if you're large and rich. Just build a new Temple holding for every extra son and it acts like Primo eith extra demesne spaces. ;)

This is looking great so far, incidentally. Can't wait to see more. :)

Good to know about Temples; I probably don't build as much in my holdings as I should.

Then you need to increase your crown authority. (which you can't as a count)

To manually appoint them, yes. I guess it was just generalized whining that the AI refused to choose the best guy for the job. (I'll try to show you what I mean later.)

The most I understand of Techs are that they spread on a province based level. With some techs (like Noble Customs) it only matters what the tech in your captial is (i.e the tech level of your captial affects the bonus relations of all your vassals), i think. Tbh, techs don't really play a large part in CK2 anyways, so I wouldn't worry if you don't completely understand them. :)

Edit: Just checked the CK wiki; it indeed says that for Culture techs, the level of tech in your Capital county affects what bonuses you get from them

That's somewhat helpful! It's more than I knew before, which is the goal, isn't it?

Nice intro! The current patriarch of the Hohenzollerns seems live a very lively fellow, even in his old age.

Yes, he does, doesn't he?

And the AAR's off to a start!
Of course, it'd have been a shame if the Kaiser were to suddenly die... *hint*

How dare you accuse our beloved Count of such deceit! :mad: Now, his wife, on the other hand...

I had to spend a fair amount of time studying the pictures trying to remember what everything meant. I haven't played CKII in awhile. :p

I hope there is some good court intrigue and treachery coming up. A kingdom where nothing happens is dull. ;)

To manually appoint them, yes. I guess it was just generalized whining that the AI refused to choose the best guy for the job. (I'll try to show you what I mean later.)

Now I understand!

Well, the AI appoints the owner of the holding as the leader.

I had to spend a fair amount of time studying the pictures trying to remember what everything meant. I haven't played CKII in awhile. :p

I hope there is some good court intrigue and treachery coming up. A kingdom where nothing happens is dull. ;)

I shall do my best! :) I had to use the CKII wiki to remember what all the traits meant, so you aren't along.

Now I understand!

Well, the AI appoints the owner of the holding as the leader.

That is the vital piece of information I was missing! :)

Yeah, it's an underestimated tactic, especially in gavelkind since bishops can't inherit.

Wait, when you say Temples, do you mean building Churches as holdings?

How dare you accuse our beloved Count of such deceit! :mad: Now, his wife, on the other hand...

Are you sure? You might get ahead in life....
er...
anyway....
Can I make a request for in-game child naming?

I agree! How about making it like in the original NRI quiz? Answer and you get a character :)

Are you sure? You might get ahead in life....
er...
anyway....

I agree! How about making it like in the original NRI quiz? Answer and you get a character :)

You know, that's not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all. The only problem is that CK2 does such a great job of making characters, and I don't have (nor intend to purchase) the Ruler Designer, that all you'd get is the name. If there's demand for it, I'll ask a mod for permission. For now, I want to see how popular this idea might be!

Don't mind either way, just going to point out that the ruler designer only works from a new game, not saved ones anyway.

Mm hm. Closest you can get is take the winner's name for a child and attempt to raise that child best as you can to the player's desires trait-wise. This may be better to hold it off until later versions of the campaign.

Don't mind either way, just going to point out that the ruler designer only works from a new game, not saved ones anyway.

Mm hm. Closest you can get is take the winner's name for a child and attempt to raise that child best as you can to the player's desires trait-wise. This may be better to hold it off until later versions of the campaign.

I don't mind if we don't pick the kids traits, it's just fun to choose the future ruler's name!

Didn't know that about the Ruler Designer. Good to know, I guess. I'll wait until I hear from more people until I make a final decision.