WW CXXXII: Doom of the WereYak 6: The Khenzimana Pass, 1959

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any post that can bring a person still playing to a conclusion he/she shouldn't have come to if said post had not been posted violates the ghost rules.

I do not dispute that. My post was more a response to AVN, so I should have quoted him instead. I just couldn't be bothered.

I do not dispute that. My post was more a response to AVN, so I should have quoted him instead. I just couldn't be bothered.

Glad we agree then.

Well, this game was a trainwreck.

I regret not being online the day I was outed. I would have sold out King Hannibal and perhaps things would go different way.

Last edited:
Admittedly, the actions and inactions of certain players were a major detriment to the game.

But does anyone have constructive feedback about the set-up? The roles?

Particularly:

I am going to change the cultist to having a limited number of scans, rather than making them an evil seer. Thoughts?

I want to change the CIA Assassin so that he has better victory conditions. Thoughts?

The impact of not having a Priest?

Seer's scan list:

Night 0: gigau/The Arch Mede (villager)
Night 1: Rendap (villager)
Night 2: snoopdogg (villager)
Night 3: Falc (villager)
Night 4: the_hdk (apprentice)
Night 5: Hashoosh (wereyak)
Night 6: AVN (villager)
Night 7: EUROO7 (villager)
Night 8: Xaldin31 (wereyak)
Night 9 was going to be The Arch Mede again.

I only ever contacted one player of these, the_hdk, who in turn talked to Falc, who went AWOL, then snoop, who I was worried was a cultist. I was probably being overzealously cautious, but we had so many dead yaks that I reasoned most of the remaining baddies had to be cultists.

bakerydog was my first choice backup for four or five nights. The doctor had died night 0 and there were no GAs in the setup, which contributed to my cautiousness about talking to those I had scanned.

Falc, of course, scanned as a villager, but was a sorcerer...

Seer's scan list:

Night 0: gigau/The Arch Mede (villager)
Night 1: Rendap (villager)
Night 2: snoopdogg (villager)
Night 3: Falc (villager)
Night 4: the_hdk (apprentice)
Night 5: Hashoosh (wereyak)
Night 6: AVN (villager)
Night 7: EUROO7 (villager)
Night 8: Xaldin31 (wereyak)
Night 9 was going to be The Arch Mede again.

I only ever contacted one player of these, the_hdk, who in turn talked to Falc, who went AWOL, then snoop, who I was worried was a cultist. I was probably being overzealously cautious, but we had so many dead yaks that I reasoned most of the remaining baddies had to be cultists.

bakerydog was my first choice backup for four or five nights. The doctor had died night 0 and there were no GAs in the setup, which contributed to my cautiousness about talking to those I had scanned.

but not me?

I knew I shoulda been a baddie this game!

EDIT: and did anyone notice? I wasn't voted once this game! Did you see what I did the first three days?

I voted once, did not change the vote (even if I wanted to... my fingers were on the keyboards at times) and NEVER SAID A WORD.

That says a lot about the state of WW currently. If you stay quiet, you can skate by with a win.

Last edited:
Admittedly, the actions and inactions of certain players were a major detriment to the game.

But does anyone have constructive feedback about the set-up? The roles?

Particularly:

I am going to change the cultist to having a limited number of scans, rather than making them an evil seer. Thoughts?

I want to change the CIA Assassin so that he has better victory conditions. Thoughts?

The impact of not having a Priest?

I think that if you have the cultists scan (and there is nothing wrong with that) then there should be a priest to scan for them. Balance it out. If you have cultists act as sorcerers, then they can scan each night, but only allow one per pack. Maybe they can only detect cultists, seers, and priests but not yaks (which I think is what you had here with the exception of the CIA operative). This kinda makes the sorcerer redundant unless you give them some nifty trait.

If the cultists turn into wolves after their pack dies (has been done in other games) then no priest. These are just latent wolves-yaks. Which could really screw up a JL if one is in the JL before the pack dies. But I wouldn't have a priest unless there is a bunch of them.

I always refer to the Lost game as a single baddie done right. He can be unscannable but also cannot get a cursed or apprentice.

but not me?

EDIT: and did anyone notice? I wasn't voted once this game! Did you see what I did the first three days?

I voted once, did not change the vote (even if I wanted to... my fingers were on the keyboards at times) and NEVER SAID A WORD.

That says a lot about the state of WW currently. If you stay quiet, you can skate by with a win.

Believe it or not, it also depends on who you are.

Trespoe is never a good early lynch.

but not me?

You answered your own question there. At times, I forgot you were playing.

You were, however, the backup for night 9.

Why do you think HC has won so many? He's not the most talkative of werewolf players.

After day 1, I barely got a vote from anyone, and I didn't engage in much conversation this game.

I got worried I would be hunted night 9 after snoop coincidentally logged on and outed Xaldin almost immediately after I had posted.

You answered your own question there. At times, I forgot you were playing.

You were, however, the backup for night 9.

Why do you think HC has won so many? He's not the most talkative of werewolf players.

After day 1, I barely got a vote from anyone, and I didn't engage in much conversation this game.

I got worried I would be hunted night 9 after snoop coincidentally logged on and outed Xaldin almost immediately after I had posted.

I know.... this was an experiment this game on "staying low" and it sadly worked. I have always felt that a player should make their vote count... if they are voting someone not in the running at all, they should make it count somehow by choosing who they would rather live.

I also believe that a vocal village helps with the win.

I broke both rules this game and it very sadly worked.

I know.... this was an experiment this game on "staying low" and it sadly worked. I have always felt that a player should make their vote count... if they are voting someone not in the running at all, they should make it count somehow by choosing who they would rather live.

We need better players.

Believe it or not, it also depends on who you are.

Trespoe is never a good early lynch.

I have to admit, this is true for me at least. In Lite I contemplated changing the hunt from trespoe to pretty much anyone else, for no reason at all. I didn't however. But to my knowledge, I have never sent a hunt order to kill you, trespoe or jacob (except randomised standing orders). I am such a meta-gaming bastard...

It works quite well indeed. I believe all my wins (like, all 2 of them) have been due to a successful usage of this tactic. It's tragic, really.

I have to admit, this is true for me at least. In Lite I contemplated changing the hunt from trespoe to pretty much anyone else, for no reason at all. I didn't however. But to my knowledge, I have never sent a hunt order to kill you, trespoe or jacob (except randomised standing orders). I am such a meta-gaming bastard...

didn't bother me. I was due a long time ago.

I honestly don't think that I am an overly talkative player that often.

And I have won a game and been a day away from winning two other games where I was talkative, so take from it what you will.