• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aye, I picked up pretty quick that the "weird lines" on the faces of every character are some sorta error. If you notice, even those not using the new Byzantine portraits are effected by it.

Gimp (and possibly other sophisticated programs, I don't have access to photoshop, and haven't tried paint.net) gives the lines in the face; simple mspaint gives clean faces on screenshot format change.

Awesome!

Nice screenshots! :)

I imagine that mending the great schism and/or restoring the Roman Empire will only be possible for a very capable or even great emperor?

OK so the lines on the face thing has been explained but why are the faces so dark? They look more like they're from the Indian sub continent than pre-Ottoman Greece.

Everything else looks great though

I don't know who this Ioannes is... But he must've really pissed someone off at Paradox.

The DLC looks great. I will definitely, definitely buy it when it comes out.

Oh god I need to choose to play either as the monophysities in africa, or the gerogians in the mountains, or ofcourse the mighty Byzantines and return Rome to the days of Justinian or even old empire

OK so the lines on the face thing has been explained but why are the faces so dark? They look more like they're from the Indian sub continent than pre-Ottoman Greece.

Everything else looks great though
I think the little kid looks better than every other character asset I've seen in the game (some of the Mongolian DLC skins look really nice, too)

...Restore the Roman Empire.
...Mend the Great Schism.

Are... are you in my head, Paradox?

This all looks great. Give me the ability to restore the Pentarchy and I'll be a happy bunny.

Oh, look. They've got new portraits for the "Invite Holy Man to Court" and "Invite Noble to Court", and presumably the last, decision as well. Sweet detail.

Wouldn't it be a touch silly for an Empire, practically renowned for its beautiful art and amazingly skilled artists, to -not- use stained glass? I mean...that's basically a Christian church thing.

Edit: But I've never truly bothered to look into Byzantine art. I simply know that much of it is church-related and that it is pretty damned good for the period.

Mosaics made of many pieces of glass were a specialty of Byzantine artists, the Hagia Sophia and other major churches were covered in them there are several good examples in Greece and Italy (Ravenna in particular). It makes more sense to use a mosaic interface than a stained glass one for the Byzantines but the developers have already said they don't intend to make a new interface.

YES! Portrait packs with Byzantine imperial crowns!! This is what I wanted most!

Take my money Paradox. Take it now. I want that portrait pack!!

(oh and the DLC is pretty cool too)

OOOhhh this is amazing.

This is gonna piss off the anti-Roman bigots so bad!!! The Schadenfreude flows through my body and fills my very soul XD

Are the new portaits part of the patch or the DLC?