• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That capture plot would be great.

also, it would be a great way to end wars. you cant win the war? snatch away the caliph from his bed and FORCE him to end the war.

also, capturing someone shouldnt a be a insta loss. some poeple might prefer to die and have his sons keep their land ratehr than losing everything.

You should include the new Byzantine portraits (and ideally an Orthodox-specific interface, though that seems to have been ruled out for some reason) in the LoR DLC pack.

i believe the portrait is in a more faces DLC already, so probaly no chance for it in the LoR. it would be neat though to make a byzantine interface as it seems to be the single most requested ting for the DLC atm.

Why does the characters look like mummies? :ninja:
Point well taken. I can't say I'm liking the rendering of the Romans / Byzantine Greeks from the portraits we are being shown!

All the rest is great!

Not fair- You give us screens so give us beta too :p

OMG- restoration of RE!! I'm definitively buying this one! One question though- is blinding and castrating available for Byz only? And will reconquering more and more (former) provinces of RE have some specifical effects?

Probably the most challenging kingdom ever. Too many fronts, lack of manpower, wrong religion, angry mobs in the capitol, and nasty succession problems.

Sounds like fun!

its a common screenshot error.

Aye, I picked up pretty quick that the "weird lines" on the faces of every character are some sorta error. If you notice, even those not using the new Byzantine portraits are effected by it.

Also, love the "Restore Roman Empire" option. I really hope factions and other new features turns having a giant empire into a much more enjoyable experience, so one can enjoy restoring the RE without getting that "well, guess I'm now an unstoppable blob..." feeling.

Why orthodox have Stained glass they don't use it i think i think you should replace it with Frescoes
And how much will this DLC impact on other orthodox nations Serbia,Bulgaria etc

Why orthodox have Stained glass they don't use it i think i think you should replace it with Frescoes
And how much will this DLC impact on other orthodox nations Serbia,Bulgaria etc

Wouldn't it be a touch silly for an Empire, practically renowned for its beautiful art and amazingly skilled artists, to -not- use stained glass? I mean...that's basically a Christian church thing.

Edit: But I've never truly bothered to look into Byzantine art. I simply know that much of it is church-related and that it is pretty damned good for the period.

Yes they had great artist some of monasteries in my country Serbia were painted by artist for Byzantine but they didnt have stained glass in their curches and monasteries they use frescoes and mosaic

Looks awesome, even though I'm a bit iffy on how historically accurate this will be (I didn't know they still held games in the hippodrome until then). But whatever, I'm another Byzantinophile and I'd love to go berserk on the world.

Hopefully all the Orthodox portraits also get nice beards. (I've heard they're still early versions of the actual things, so what we're seeing here is essentially a draft which explains why they don't look the prettiest.)