• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh! There is one more thing I want to know. This is of utmost importance....

Is there anyone as terrible as Nikki Minaj in the Anglo-Prussian universe?
The rapper? I never even knew that person existed. But probably. I am talking about an alternative world were the Saxons fled England... not a world completely devoid of crazy people. ;)

Bastions
Chapter Forty Eight: The Queen of Cities
Part 5

Prelude:
It is often said in semi-serious jest that all cities are referred to in the feminine accept for Memelgrád, which is always referred to in the masculine. This tradition goes back many a century to the rivalry between the two great Christian powers. It is easy to forget that in the midst of the Infinite War Rome had expanded to include the Holy Land as well as the coasts of Egypt. These victories were not permanent, but for a moment it seemed that the glory of Justinian was a possibility. But a series of defeats and a line of decadent Emperors soon lost it all. It is fanciful to think that had Rome and Prussia worked together a great Orthodox crusade could have freed Christendom from obscurity and completely altered the course of history. But it was not to be, the two quickly became religious, cultural and economic rivals. If Constantinople was the "Queen of Cities", Memelgrád had to be the "King". Despite the rivalries and the wars and the embargoes neither Rome nor Prussia every attempted to conquer the other. Once again it forces one to ponder the alternative course of events following a unified power in the East. But with the Infinite War dying down and evolving from open warfare between states to more of a smoldering tension between the Caliphate and her Christian subjects, Prussia and Rome seemed to turn off. No more were the great armies of conquest that had taken a small colony of Saxon settlers and turned it into a super power. Long gone were the proud legions that marched into Jerusalem and threatened to siege Baghdad. Historians believe it was due in part to the civil wars and the infighting. But also as cities became more populous and the merchants more powerful it also became far more difficult to rule such large empires. But also Kings were wary of being backstabbed during a campaign. The Infinite War and the Fraternalist Wars had taught Europe a lesson in total war. The citizens grew weary of war and the Kings feared being overthrown during long campaigns. But a new age of Imperialism was only a little more than a century away and it would redefine conquest.

February 9th, 1387

State dinners were not quite as common as they once been under the old aristocracy. So many of the old guard had ended up dead or missing after the Fraternal Wars. The royal family was also notably smaller. Where once entire palaces could be filled with the knights and damsels of the House of Hwicce, now it was just a pitiful few. Those that did show up were very distant, closer branches had all fled during the wars for fear of retribution. But the numbers were increasing as things began to return to the status quo. The King was not nearly as good as his son at dealing with such parties. He could talk with old war buddies, boasting of conquest and jesting about the quality of women. The Prince was more refined, speaking directly with the nobles who still held the Empire together.

One of the most powerful was Duke Meinekinus Janissun, the Duke of Moldavia and the son of Duke Janis who had replaced Vishly's lackeys in Moldavia after the war. The Duke was not happy with Doyvát's marriage to a foreign girl when his own daughter would be perfectly fit for marriage in only a few years. His eldest son, Casimir, was a lad of 15 - not much younger than Sophie. They were vaguely related to the royal family, likely through one of Kiten's many bastards. But they insisted on carrying the name of Hwicce-Moldavia and few had the wealth or power to call them out on it. The Prince walked over to where their clan had formed up with their personal vassals. The Duke stepped forth and took the Prince's hand, "My Lord, you grace us with your presence, and this must be the young Sophie," he took her hand and kissed it, "You are more lovely than the stories tell."

"I'm sorry?" Sophie asked.

"Forgive me, Madame, Duke Meinekinus Janissun, the first of the House of Hwicce-Moldavia. We were not able to attend your wedding last year, but we did send our compliments."

"The Duke was gracious enough to house me during my tenure in Morcargrád with the Black Sea Fleet," Doyvát explained.

"O, then we must visit eventually. I hear the south is very beautiful," Sophie said.

"Serene, even," the Duke responded. Sophie couldn't quite place the look that went over his face. The Duke was not much older than her own husband, but his son could have been her twin.

With a bow Doyvát exited left, dragging Sophie away with him. When they were far enough away he started to explain, "Meinekinus is a snake, ignore him."

"A snake?" She turned to look back at the Duke and his company. He chatted idly with some lower vassals, but he took a stance of superiority. "How did he become Duke then?"

"His father was a knight alongside my father, one of the few to support his efforts to keep the war going after the capture of my grandfather. It was because of Janis that my father took his one man war to the south. After my grandfather took the throne, he was open to my father's suggestions for replacement Dukes... Janis was granted Moldavia."

"But the King cannot just revoke a title; he needs to have some sort of justification."

"Aye, and Meinekinus does little to attract attention to himself. He mostly just reaps the profits of the great Black Sea port: Morcargrád and the farmland plains of Ruthenia. He is one of the wealthiest men in the Kingdom. I don't doubt for a second he spends most of his day imagining himself on the throne."

"Many spend their days fancying they had more of everything. It makes me wonder, husband, what does a man who has everything fancy?"

"Having much, much less," Doyvát answered honestly.

Sophie seemed displeased with his answer, "Not the love of a beautiful woman?"

"You said he already had everything," the Prince said in his own defense. He gave her a kiss but tried to conceal it from the crowd.

"Can you try to not take everything so literally?" she asked after he took a step back from her. "You might see the world in a totally new light."

"I don't take everything literally, my love. Take our discussion with Meinekinus. Had I taken it all literally I would actually believe he wanted us to visit."

"He doesn't?"

"Of course not. Pay for the Crown Prince and Princess of Prussia to stay at his home? It would cost him a fortune to feed and entertain us. And why would I ever want to actually visit Morcargrád if I wasn't going to be commanding the navy?"

"Well he said the city was serene... But I assume it is not, or you wouldn't have brought it up."

"Grey and smells terribly of fish and Azowians. It is a lot like Mariengrád, but at least the Auld Grey City doesn't have Azowians and their damn horses everywhere," Doyvát responded.

"I still feel that if I am to be Queen of this country I should see more than the capital and a few palaces. I need to travel and grow close to my adopted home. In England we were always told tales of virgin forests and endless fields. And here I am, in that very land that could have been on the far side of the moon for all I knew and yet all I've seen bleak port cities and the interiors of palaces."

Doyvát didn't really have a quick answer. His own displeasure with his 'promotion' to Crown Prince had kept him -and by extension her- isolated for the last few months. "We could always head to Kiev come spring. The palace there has hundreds of acres of forest within its grounds and the river was a favorite of some of the old Kings of Prussia. It has been a long time since I've been there myself."

"I suppose it will have to do, but you men folk seem to underestimate the wanderlust of your wives. I don't see why you get to weep for the loss of your sailing career while I am expected to stay put in a stuffy palace and see no more light of day than what streams through the windows."

"I didn't mean to offend y..."

"Of course you didn't, you never mean to offend anyone... you constantly speak in Kingly tone, stepping on no toes and keeping yourself out of trouble. Everyone's friend; everyone's enemy. You play a shrewd game, David, and you always are playing, aren't you?"

"I don't have much of a choice. This is not a game you sign up for. I didn't ask to be born the son of a King. I didn't ask to be good at what I do, but it is either get good or end up dead with your head on the end of a pike." Doyvát poured himself a goblet of mead and then looked at Sophie who stuck her hand out for her own. He obliged and the two continued to walk further away from the rest of the crowd.

"I fear what politics will turn me into," Sophie said after finishing her drink.

"A Queen," Doyvát replied. Sophie scanned his face for some hint of sarcasm but found nothing. His gaze was not harsh nor emotionless; in his eyes she saw pity: endless wells of pity and self hate. The aloof, all-knowing Doyvát was a façade meant to protect himself from the cruel world around him.

"How do you deal with all these demands and the stress?"

"Poorly," Doyvát admitted. He looked into his empty goblet and waited for something to say bu Sophie beat him to it.

"Would you like to leave?"

"I would like to go for a bit of a walk." Doyvát grabbed her hand and pulled her outside into the cold winter's air of Memelgrád. It was a winter of rain; the capital was never a city for consistent weather. The skies grey and reminded the prince of the always-present threat of rain.

Next to him Sophie shivered, "What are we doing out here?"

Doyvát pointed out over the chest-high walls of the courtyard. Atop a hill inland of the city, the castle that stood as Vishly's foreboding presence over the Kingdom now gave a spectacular view of the city just as the sun set off in the West. Houses and businesses were lit up as people headed home at the end of the day. "You wanted to see Prussia: here is where we start. Memelgrád might be cold and wet, but it is our home."

"You will have to take me to Mariengrád; that is the real home of the Prussians. I want to see this city that everyone speaks of as if it was a necropolis."

"We landed at Mariengrád, but Memelgrád is our home. Truly and forever, so long as Memelgrád stands, Prussians will have a home. If we lose this city, we would have lost everything. During the civil wars so much centered on capturing Memelgrád. No army has ever attempted to siege Memelgrád from land, without a fleet it would be pointless. The city will remain fed and the rains will keep our thirst quenched. And from this castle we command the Baltic and all of Eastern Europe. Petty Kings in Sweden and the Norselands might pretend it otherwise but they can have their huts and their tiny little villages they mistakenly call cities. They know deep down who rules here. Whoever controls Memelgrád controls the fate of the world. I would like any King, Emperor or Caliph to show me otherwise. The walls of Constantinople are as porous as linen, and withstand the blast of a cannon as well as linen. The ships of Hamburg can easily be pushed into a corner of the port here. This is how Augustus must have felt looking over Rome."

"Or perhaps Priam over Troy," Sophie said.

Doyvát let a little laugh out before shaking his head. "No, if this were Troy the seas would be filled with ships. If you want to see Troy, I'll take you to Constantinople once the war is won." He put his hand on her back and shuffled her in as the rains began to pour once more.

1330.png

Prussia at her height, at this point all the colored countries were part of a giant Empire under one monarch.

1387.png

Prussia in 1387, at this point only Azowia, Denmark and Cottbus are tributaries of the King of Prussia.

Last edited:
It's a bit funny that Prussia has the exact opposite parts of Denmark compared to what the OTL Prussia stole :b

Good update as always :)
Thank you. And it is, this Prussia seems in many ways the opposite of Prussia in OTL.

Another update ! With maps ! Wouhou !
You're very welcome. ;)

One day, Mr.Capiatlist, I will chain you in my cave and force you to right 5 updates of 10 000 words every day of every week of every month of every year.
10,000 words each? Jeez... that's how long a chapter is... I don't think they need to be any longer. ;)

Plus my update schedule has improved since the days of once a month...

Bastions
Chapter Forty Nine: Union
Part 1

Prelude:
The civil war that had torn the Roman Empire apart came to an anti-climatic end in 1387. With the monarchy strengthened by the international and interreligious coalition, the army forces retreated north into Serbia, who sensing the ire of the enemy, switched sides and captured the unsuspecting leaders of the military revolt. Despite the victory, the Saxon Dynasty was severely weakened in both prestige and numbers. The military had made an effort to execute any captured Saxon nobles. Crown Prince Godwin was declared Emperor and the ex-Emperor Stephen fled north into Prussia. Godwin, under the influence of Lord-Protector Doyvát, took the ruling name "George" while promising to give his eldest son a more Greek name. With Prussia convinced that Rome would be more stable in the future, focused on its self for a while. The King was nearly sixty now and his age began to affect his health. But for the most part, many remained ignorant of this. The Elder Doyvát was not a very social person and his orders or decrees usually trickled out in letters, not in some grand announcement with the entire nobility present. In Poland, the Lord-Protector and his wife welcomed their first daughter before the end of the year. The nation had been holding its breath for a son, an heir to carry on Prussia's legacy, but was pleased to see the couple with their child. Under Prussian law women could not become King, though inheritance could trace through a woman. In the Duchies, however, women could be duchesses in their own right, though this was a very rare occurrence.

August 9th, 2012

Night brought a time to relax and collect one's thoughts. The rattle of automatic gunfire could be heard in the distance, but in general everything was calm here. Morale was high and a group of soldiers sat together and shared their luxuries with each other. The war had been a long festering one, with violence flaring on and off for the last eighteen years, but their leaders said that this would be the final push. Live free or die. If Qurats could be free from Syrians and Iraqis, Zilinians could be free from Hungarians and Germans. Three things kept the Provisional Army of Zilina marching: cigarettes, beer, and chocolate. Luckily the men of the Fourth Flying Column had all three, even better they had food and water which alone was already more than many columns could say. They knew they had their work cut out for them. They were practically fighting all of Europe. Sure the Union would support freedom for religious and cultural minorities all around the world. But if one of their own were threatened the fascists would show their true colors.

"Here is your share, Kas," a voice said.

Kasimiras smiled and took the thin slice of chocolate and popped it in his mouth, "Thank you, Alex. You'll have to thank your bábe for me."

"Ah, Bábe is thinking of you too, Kas. You were her second favorite after me," Alex said with a wink. "She sent you a letter too, sorry I forgot about it." Alex leaned forward so he could reach into his rear pocket and pulled out a well beaten envelope and handed it to his life-long friend.

Kasimiras snatched it out of the fingers of his comrade and looked at the condition. One corner was rather bloody and he looked up but Alex insisted it was not his. Everyone laughed and crowded around as Kasimiras read aloud, "Dearest Kas, Alex says you and the column are in good spirits but I could not help but think you'd be in better spirits with a little bit of chocolate from the mountains. I know you cannot tell us where you are, but the village knows that no matter where you are you are protecting all of us. It is sometimes hard to believe that this all started when you were only at my hip and now you and Alex have grown into two fine men defending your people. Make sure to come home in one piece, it would be traumatic to all the girls you left behind for one (or heaven forbid both of you) were to die. Don't tell Alex but Jathga has been constantly pestering his folks about him."

All the men cheered and gave Alex and couple pats on the back. Alex, face as red as an apple, held his hands up like an innocent man. "Keep going, keep going," Alex demanded.

"Fine, fine. Anyway... one piece... traumatic... Jathga... Ah! Make sure to share our love and respect with the column. We are thinking of you guys every day. Hope to see you in St. Nicholas for the victory parades."

Kasimiras paused and then the column finished as a group, "Love and kisses, Bábe! Love you too Bábe!" Everyone laughed and began to disperse.

Alex looked at Kasimiras seriously, prompting Kasimiras to ask, "What?"

"Did Bábe really mention Jathga?" he asked in a very hushed tone.

"Yeah, why would I make that up?"

"No, no... I know you wouldn't."

"Seriously, what is up with you and Jathga?"

Alex looked around to make sure no one was looking and then pulled out a tiny wallet-sized picture and showed it to Kasimiras, "Tell no one, seriously."

Kasimiras chuckled and took a look at the picture; it was a new born in the arms of Jathga, "Holy fuck it is yours isn't it?"

"It is a little boy... and yes... He is my son... my folks don't know. Neither does Bábe, though I bet she will figure it out soon enough, if she hasn't already."

"What did you name him?"

Alex blushed again, "Kasimiras."

"Ha! Haha!" Kasimiras laughed, he put his arm around his friend, "Thanks buddy." But when he looked at Alex's face he didn't see a face of happiness, it was one of worry. Then it slowly dawned on Kasimiras, "Fuck... we need to get you home."

"What?"

"Alex, you cannot stay here. You have a girl waiting for you with your son back home, you cannot stay up here."

"I cannot just leave!" Alex protested.

"Like hell you can, we are volunteers, Alex. No one is paying us to be here. Go. home," Kasimiras insisted.

Alex looked at the floor and shook his head, "No man... I'll get back in one way or another. But right now my place... our place... is right here. Jathga knew what she was getting into."

Kasimiras gave Alex a half-cocked smile. "It is your life man. Glad to have you up here while we can!" He patted his friend again but suddenly grew very serious "Don't worry. I'll make sure you get home."

Alex laughed a little and nodded, "I know you will. We should get some sleep." Alex stood up and started to take his jacket off, but as he did so machine gun fire erupted from the building across the street. Kasimiras pulled Alex down, and grabbed his rifle before scooting up to the window. With his head peeked above the line he could see what the machine gun was firing at: Hungarian troop carrier.

"What is it Kas?" Alex asked as the others began to set up.

"Carrier; it looks like they are trying to get to the main square under cover of darkness."

"Any armor?" another man asked, opening their heavy munitions box.

"Negative. I... I can see a second and third carrier on the way." Quickly the volume grew as more soldiers joined the fight, filling everything with the rattle of automatic arms. Unlike the Hungarians, the Zilinian partisans were mixed arms and soon they had RPGs out to try to hold back the growing tide.

"Echo-Bravo, Echo-Bravo, can you read? Over." the radio operator called over everything.

"Armor, I hear armor!" one man called. Kasimiras tried to listen carefully and heard the distant thumping of a diesel engine. Only something wasn't right, it was more rhythmic, not surging and struggling like an engine hidden under twenty tons of armor.

"Not armor!" Alex called, "Chopper!"

"Echo-Bravo! Echo-Bravo! This is Number Four, Number Four reporting signs of enemy choppers. Do you read me? Over."

"Roger Number Four, Echo-Bravo confirms reports of hostile choppers in the area. Over."

The thumping grew louder as the helicopter passed overhead dropping flares. Kasimiras fired a few shots at the rotor to little or no effect other than a sense of doing something. He felt a hand on his shoulder and turning around saw that most of the column was leaving the building to drop back to a better firing position. They needed to hook up with the rest of the columns so that a real perimeter could be set up.

"Back, back, back!" one voice shouted.

"Down! Down! Copter is back!" The thumping began to approach over a rooftop, but as it emerged the life-saving sound of a metallic click and a chemical burn lit the area up and an RPG smashed dead center into the body of the chopper. The whole thing lurched back, flames spilling out on the roof and setting it ablaze. Then the machine sank beneath the roofline again and it all ended it a deafening explosion.

"Good shot!" Kasimiras heard Alex shout. He hadn't seen who fired it, but he was thankful. The gunfire picked up again, forcing Kasimiras to duck his head and drop his body down to the pavement. The fall hurt, but he'd rather a few scraped knees than a gaping wound to the chest. He looked around an abandoned compact toward where the Hungarians had come from. Left in the road where the smoking remains of two of the carriers and several bodies. A careful inspection would have told him that one of them was still alive, but he wasn't a medic and he wasn't waiting to check if the Hungarians were still alive.

The Column crashed into a new building, knocking down the main window (which could shatter and become a threat) and tipping over the heavy tables they could find. Then they took a head count, so far they still had everyone: always a good sign.

"Search the building," one guy said. They didn't really have a leader as a guerilla unit, but some people had the presence of mind to think of good ideas. Kasimiras nodded and then grabbed a gun and Alex and headed into the depths of the building. Their veins flooded with adrenaline, the two men smiled despite being scared to death and laughed despite wanting to scream.

Slowly they kicked open doors and looked around. Time and time again the rooms were empty. Eventually they made their way into a small living space above the store. Everything seemed abandoned but Kasimiras noticed smoke rising from an otherwise lifeless candle. "Look," Kasimiras said, referring Alex to the anomaly. "They can't be far."

"Nope. Fuck, they are lucky they weren't their neighbors." Alex said, referring to the burning building across the street.

The two men headed down a hallway, pictures of a young couple gradually turned into pictures of an elderly man and woman with three daughters and their grandchildren. "Stop." Kasimiras said outside of an interior room. He pressed his ear against the door and heard sobbing.

"What is it?" Alex asked.

Kasimiras put his finger to his lips and the pressed his ear against the door. Inside an older man was hushing a younger girl.

"How many?" Alex asked, quietly.

"At least two, probably the people in the pictures."

"Hungarians or Prussians?"

"Does it matter?" Kasimiras asked.

"I guess not," Alex admitted. "Kick it in?"

Kasimiras' mind struggled: it would make sure they got the surprise on any would-be attackers. But he thought of the girls too. In the end he wasn't about to be shot trying to be nice. He gave Alex a little nod and the two stood on opposite sides of the door and then after a quick count down Alex turned and kicked the door in. Kasimiras swung his gun around and quickly scanned the entire room, "On the ground, on the ground!" he shouted. Everyone in the room quickly ducked to the ground and covered their heads. "One, two... five... we got five in here." He lowered his gun and took stock of the situation. Grandpa, grandma, three grand children: two boys between eight and ten and a girl no older than five.

"Shit... what do we do with them?" Alex asked.

"Get them out... get them... somewhere. I don't know. I thought this part of the town was evacuated by now. Why are you still here?"

The old man blubbered a bit, "I... I... my..."

"It is okay," Alex said, "We aren't going to hurt you."

"My... my wife is Hungarian," the man said. He tried to put his body between Kasimiras and the old lady who sat there trying to look defiantly.

"You put your grandchildren in mortal danger because you were afraid the PAZ would hurt your wife? I should smack you for being a dumb ass," Alex said. "We need to get you people out of here and out of St. Nicholas. This is a war zone."

"We didn't ask for this war," the old man said.

"We didn't ask for your opinion on the matter, he was giving you a statement: this is a war zone and you are all in terrible danger. Before we leave is there anyone else in the building that you know of? Women, children, injured soldiers, anyone? We need to get them out of here. This place can light at any minute," Kasimiras asked.

"Humphrey!" the girl cried.

"Humphrey?" Alex asked. She nodded. "What does Humphrey look like?"

"Nothing, nothing!" The grandfather said. He pushed Kasimiras to lead but the girl began screaming. The grandmother tried covering her mouth.

"No! Not without Humphrey!" Kasimiras was already leading them out. But Alex hung back; he looked in a room with a bunch of toys and a duffle bag. On top of the bag was a stuffed zebra. He grabbed it and held it out the door. The girl squealed and Alex jogged to catch up, his arm outstretched with the toy. The girl snatched it up and the two soldiers led the family down.

"We got civilians!" Kasimiras called down.

"How many?!"

"Five: two seniors, three children."

"Echo-Bravo, Echo-Bravo this is Number Four requesting evac for civilians: two adults, three children. Over."

"Roger Number Four, evac assistance confirmed. Where are you? Over."

"Thirteen and Plaza. Over."

"Errr... Number Four you are going to need to get off the fire line if we are sending evac your way. Over."

Kasimiras was sort of dumbfounded. The gunfire had died down; there should be no reason for this. "We cannot just kick them out onto the street."

"And we cannot just abandon the front," another replied.

"I doubt this is the front anymore," Alex said. "The road is completely choked. They'll have to go down another road. If they clear it, we'll know."

"What if we send four or five guys with the family and a radio? They only need to get far enough into the city to call for evac again and the rest of the Column can hold the line here?" Kasimiras suggested. Everyone glanced around. Someone tossed Kasimiras a radio and then a few guys grabbed their guns. But Kasimiras turned to Alex, who shook his head. "Okay, let's go." He led the way out of the store and onto the war-torn streets. The night was young and the city was lit by fires and flares. But it would be safer farther north, away from the advancing Hungarians. From some of the buildings he could see the flag hanging from windows or rafters. "Where are their parents?" Kasimiras asked.

"Fighting, with you... somewhere," the grandfather answered, "the folly of the young."

"Fair enough," Kasimiras replied leading them on.

Zilina.png

The flag of Zilina is based on the flag of Prussia. The "15" in the middle stands for the 15 students shot and killed by state police during an anti-Hungarian rally in 1994. The on-going war between partially recognized Zilina and Hungary came to the forefront of European politics when Prussians in German Zilina also began to demand the right for independence.

Once again another great update Capiatlist
Thank you!

For a second there, I thought you were going to go for the "guy who shows a picture of his girl dies" cliche. Good to see you avoided it.
I still have time. I still have time. :p

Loved the update..But am still a bit confused about Zilina? Where is it, what was the backstory? Loving the warzone in such a recent time, too.
Well here is OTL Zilina. I'll explain the background more in the next update, but glad you like it.

To be honest, these modern updates are some of the best. I've actually gone and looked up the earlier ones a couple of times.

EDIT: nevermind, I'll wait till next update.

To be honest, these modern updates are some of the best. I've actually gone and looked up the earlier ones a couple of times.

EDIT: nevermind, I'll wait till next update.
They certainly are some of the more interesting, in my opinion, but I feel that is because you are missing so much of the picture between 1390 and 2012 so everything is new and unknown.

The reason it took so long to get this update out is that I actually have begun to update my background material. Originally my maps and histories went until 2012 (this of course was back in 2009), so our timeline has actually caught up with the Baltikja timeline. So I am having to extend it to probably about 2016 or 2017. Maybe I'll keep people posted in the blog about that, but this arc arises from that updating. Zilina has been a state trying to get its independence, so I thought it was about time they did something about it. ;) But the history to get where we are now cannot just be summed up in a little quip, I think it deserves at least a prologue at worst and a full update at best.

Nice updates, as always :)

If this ever gets to mostly modern and victorian updates, I will be in love with you Capiatlist....I'm sorry

Nice updates, as always :)
And good to see you as always.

Great update!
Thank you!

If this ever gets to mostly modern and victorian updates, I will be in love with you Capiatlist....I'm sorry
I want to be there soooo badly. But I need to get through the middle bit first.

I have posted the first of a few (at least) blog posts about my on-going efforts to update my notes.