• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A bad cold hope you feel better.
Friday had 25 teeth pulled used down time to catch up.
Went to work tuesday not a good idea so have 4 more days off.
Back O/T with vassels I am sure WC is possible.
It would be nice if manufactury misson completed when you start construction and not waste 5 years.:(

Ouch, get better soon.
I am starting to hate that manufactory missions, the manufactory I am building now won't probably pay themselves till the end of the game

You are still avoiding going to Japan ... i hope you can still grab the Kyoto CoT in time , though.

You are right, I forgot about Japan... Their provinces seem pretty poor and don't seem worth the trouble so far...

1745-1751: Universities in Beira and Gibraltar. Tripoli vassalized. Two cores in Asia

In January 1746, we annex Swahili. We are getting ready to connect the African provinces to the mainland - we'll need to diplo-annex the Mameluks for that.
EU3_1134.jpg

Meanwhile, in Asia, the province Sihet defects to our vassal Assam.
EU3_1141.jpg

We get a core on Hamgyeong, Korea. Regrettably, we still have a truce on them. Instead, we set our sights on Portugal and Granada, to grab the universities in Beira and Gibraltar, and on Spain, to grab a couple of their colonies.
EU3_1148.jpg

We easily defeat their stacks.
EU3_1151.jpg

EU3_1156.jpg

EU3_1159.jpg

And in March 1748, a gift to the state : 40596 ducats. I am drowning in money. I also get a core on Ratchabury, Ayutthaya. Meanwhile, the university in Benguela is finished and I get the mission to convert Denmark.
EU3_1160.jpg

We expanded our sphere of influence, and make Aragon concede defeat. In September 1748, Spain has to cede two colonies, Taodeni and Azawadd.
EU3_1174.jpg

In November 1748, Tripoli is vassalized. Not sure why they were at war with us anyway, but now they won't be any longer.
EU3_1177.jpg

Portugal cedes Beira, who has a university. Could have gotten more, but Portugal is a Kingdom and soon I will have a better casus belli. I had peaced also Gibraltar for Cadiz and Gibraltar (another university) but I don't have the screenshot.
EU3_1178.jpg

Castille is peaced as well. Tver calls us to arms, but we refuse. Recovering the prestige won't be a problem, since we will soon start the wars to recover our cores. In the meantime, we become Papal Controller again.
In April 1749, we declare war on Korea and Ayutthaya to recover our cores. The wars are uninteresting. In June 1749, Korea has to cede Hamgyeong.
EU3_1189.jpg

Meanwhile, we are in the year 1750, and we start getting events about "Founding Fathers"
EU3_1203.jpg

We spend a little more time in Ayutthaya, since we would like to weaken them a little.
EU3_1207.jpg

In July 1750, we make them cede Ratchaburi and end vassalizations. We have learnt it is not a good idea to make them release other countries who will become Republics, and won't be affected by the "Other Government" casus belli.
EU3_1209.jpg

Technologically we are ok - but still a little far from tech level 53.
EU3_1210.jpg

Meanwhile, there are changes in Europe. Castille has collapsed (with a little help from us) and Spain has recovered several provinces, which is good since Spain is a Kingdom and Castille a republic. Tver and Bourbonnais have gotten bigger, Lithuania has kicked Sweden out of Europe, who is now a OPM.
EU3_1212.jpg

August 1750 : World maps :

EU3_MAP_ITA_1750.8.23_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_ITA_1750.8.25_1.jpg

In February 1751, we declare war on Denmark to fulfill our mission.
EU3_1214.jpg

EU3_1215.jpg

Last edited:
Your going to be busy to get all the COT's
Love how Arakan is still their in 1750.
Usually gone in less than 1 year from game start.
Keep it going:cool:

1751-1756: Some provinces from Britain and France. The Quests for Independence begin.

As we invade Denmark and their allies...
EU3_1224.jpg

We destroy their fleet....
EU3_1225.jpg

and defeat their armies....
EU3_1228.jpg

We get a very favourable peace with Qasim Khanate, some good ducats.
EU3_1232.jpg

In February 1752, the first quest for Independendence begins : USA.
EU3_1240.jpg

Right after that, I get hit by an event which creates rebels. The alternative would be give up a lot of tariffs income, and I am not going to do that.
EU3_1241.jpg

I get caught by surprise there, I will need to ship armies to America to restore order.
EU3_1244.jpg

But the war with Denmark is over by April 1752...
EU3_1245.jpg

My war score is good enough to convert Denmark and fulfill the mission. But I don't get the prize. The mission is flawed.
EU3_1249.jpg

The next mission is build an University - again ! Which is not going to pay itself. I do queue the university, but I have enough. As suggested by Memento Mori, I edit the mission files and remove the Force Religion mission and the manufactories missions, who are also flawed.
Will the game crash? As I restart the game, I immediately get another mission - Conquer Derby. Much better.
Therefore, war on Great Britain is declared, who brings Lithuania and Poland into the war.
EU3_1252.jpg

We haven't researched Gov Tech 53 yet, so we use the time before that to attack the Republics. War is declared on France as well, who brings Nevers, Utrecht and Auvergne into the war. We defeat France's main stack in Ile de France...
EU3_1262.jpg

And we defeat another France stack in Charolais, while routing the British and the first French stack.
EU3_1264.jpg

In May 1753, Derby has been conquered and we get the next mission - vassalize Brittany.
EU3_1265.jpg

In October 1753, I get another nasty colonial event, which makes me lose 1 stability. The alternative would be to give up tariffs and overseas income - forever !
EU3_1270.jpg

By December 1753, all of France has been occupied. Regrettably, Bourbonnais has been occupied by our ally Bourbon and we cannot get that province. But we get five provinces from them anyway.
EU3_1275.jpg

We then declare war on Brittany, which brings Aragon and Normandy into the war. Therefore we wipe out Aragon's stack in Barcelona....
EU3_1280.jpg

And in July 1754, Brittany is vassalized. Mission accomplished.
EU3_1282.jpg

The next mission is vassalize Auvergne, which cannot be done immediately, since we have a truce with them - they were allied with France.
The Khmer calls us to arms against Bali - I use the opportunity to vassalize them for 3 infamy.
EU3_1288.jpg

In June 1755, the Colombian Quest for Independence begins.
EU3_1289.jpg

As I go on to check whether it is possible to release Colombia and the USA as vassals, I find out in shock that it is not possible. It is because Colombia's culture is Castillian and USA's culture is British, as I find out reading this thread. So am I getting the negative events without having the opportunity to release them? Sorry, it does not seem fair to me.
So I do the unthinkable - I edit the save file. I set Colombia's and USA's culture to Lombard and USA's religion to catholic. In my alternate world, there is no reason why the American colonists shouldn't be Lombard.
I restart the game from the modified save file and in fact, I can now release both Colombia and USA. I might want to do that - though not immediately.
EU3_1459.jpg

This game does and has a lot of things that don't make sense.
does Novgorod still have a Cot?

This game does and has a lot of things that don't make sense.
does Novgorod still have a Cot?
Yeah, Novgorod still has a COT, but it belongs to Muscowy.

1756-1760: Land connection to Africa. New provinces and vassals in Gallia. Colombia.

What's next ? I diplo-annex the Mameluks - this way, I connect all the African and Arabian provinces to the capital
EU3_1291.jpg

EU3_1292.jpg

Bad boy limit is 24. I figure I can vassalize a republic before releasing some country. I choose Alsace - Elsass - an OPM.
An event makes us gain 1 innovative, while we are back to being the papal controller. We declare war on Alsace, who takes Cologne into the war as well. Alsace is vassalized in July 1736.
EU3_1302.jpg

We are dangerously close to the BB limit (24). That is a bad habit. In fact, other countries declare war on us: Adal and Dai Viet, who are quickly peaced. Cologne is also peaced - they get converted to Catholic. Meanwhile, we also move a slider toward Innovative - but we still have missionaries because of our decisions and Jerusalem and Mecca.
EU3_1305.jpg

In December 1756, the first New World country is released - Colombia. I think it is a correct move. They will get more out of the provinces, they will have a good technology level, they may even help in the European wars. But to allow that, I had to change their culture to Lombard in the save file, as I wrote in the previous update. Not sure if I would have got the option to release them if I had let them conquer a province, declare independence, and then if I had reconquered them.
EU3_1311.jpg

Through an event I gain an university in Jaipur. Our income in December 1756 is over 90k ducats yearly.
EU3_1314.jpg

As we need infamy points, soon, we declare war on another Republic, Hamburg. They have a lot of allies, but nobody helps them. In April 1757, they are vassalized.
EU3_1320.jpg

In another short, easy war, I get one colony from Spain, Tuat.
EU3_1326.jpg

The game seems to love me even more - through an event I get 33355 ducats.
EU3_1331.jpg

Meanwhile, in Iberia, Portugal has seized the opportunity of a weakened Spain and Castille and expanded.
EU3_1332.jpg

There is something we had forgotten doing - building a Grain Depot - to reduce our army maintenance cost. We build one in Rome.
EU3_1333.jpg

In March 1759, we declare war on Auvergne (to fulfill our mission) and France (which is a Republic and won't be affected by the Counter-Revolution casus belli). They have allies in ... Gallia ? (How should I call it ?)
EU3_1337.jpg

Major battle in Ile de France....
EU3_1342.jpg

But I won't bore you with the details of this war. First Bourbonnais pay 300 ducats for peace. Then after expanding our influence, we vassalize Guyenne and Auvergne.
EU3_1358.jpg

EU3_1359.jpg

Our mission is fulfilled and the next one will be to vassalize Württemberg. As we need infamy we first vassalize Toulouse...
EU3_1362.jpg

France has to cede two provinces : Vandee for Brittany and Bourgogne for us, connecting at last our Gallian provinces to Italy.
EU3_1363.jpg

And in August 1760, Württemberg is vassalized as well, fulfilling another mission. The next one will be vassalize Nevers, which cannot be done immediately, since we have a truce with them.
EU3_1369.jpg

We have so much money, we can actually afford to spend some directly on technology. By September 1760, Government Technology 53 is available and we pick the Revolution and Counter-Revolution NI. Kings of Europe and all over the world - be afraid. Be very afraid.
EU3_1374.jpg

Last edited:
releasing them will spare you some trouble in the new world , and they should be releasable whatever may your culture be.

1760-1766: Revolutionary wars against Portugal, Britain, Spain and Ayutthaya. USA.

Thank you for your feedback, sprites and dragonizer.

In December 1760, Paraguay begins its quest for independence as well. We wait until 1762 before starting our first Revolutionary war, since we need the diplomats for several other purposes (ally with vassals, improve papal relations and so on)
But in January 1762, we declare war on Portugal and Great Britain....
EU3_1379.jpg

So we defeat Portugal's stack in Lisboa, which we then wipe out in Ribatejo.
EU3_1381.jpg

We declare war on the Ayutthaya as well.
The British army is busy in Ireland, so we declare war on Connaught to catch it - they wouldn't give us military access.
EU3_1387.jpg

In October 1762, after expanding our influence, we can grab some provinces from Ayutthaya. We connect also Malacca to the capital this way.
EU3_1392.jpg

In July 1763, we peace Portugal and we expand a lot in the Iberian peninsula.
EU3_1395.jpg

At last we get their colonies in America (Bahamas)...
EU3_1396.jpg

and in Africa (Fernando Po). Both colonies can be assimilated.
EU3_1397.jpg

Since we are nearing the infamy limit (which is 22 by now, we have a new ruler, which I forgot to mention), Great Britain just cedes two provinces : London and Ayshire, who are fairly rich.
EU3_1401.jpg

Connacht just gets away with having to become Catholic. In July 1763, the USA are released - which takes our infamy immediately to 0. It was 19 provinces - too bad I won't risk going over the BB limit.
EU3_1405.jpg

We need infamy very quickly - we pick the OPM Delhi as our victim, which is annexed in December 1763.
EU3_1411.jpg

We get a core on Breisgau, Baden. In February 1764, we declare war on Spain, who in the meantime has grabbed two provinces from Portugal. We also take an important decision, we abandon Press Gangs to embrace the Idea of Improved Foraging : -50% attrition. We are not really building new ships right now, and money is not an issue - I can afford the extra maintenance cost.
EU3_1421.jpg

In July 1764, Canada begins its quest for independence as well. We set later their culture to Lombard in the save file.
EU3_1427.jpg

We were at war with Baluchistan, which we annex in the nick of time, when our infamy was 0.0.
EU3_1429.jpg

Spain also has to cede several provinces.
EU3_1430.jpg

Trinidad, Falklands and the islands in the Pacific are now Italian as well. They can all be assimilated, apart from Trinidad.
EU3_1431.jpg

We create a new COT in Pegu to split Malacca. We had moved our focus to Toungoo, also to increase the conversion rate there.
EU3_1435.jpg

Trade map in Asia. All of the COTs belong to us, but for Bihar (vassal) and Kyoto.
EU3_1436.jpg

In January 1763, we can fulfill our mission - vassalize Nevers. Meanwhile, France has collapsed and the state of Hainaut has been reborn as a Monarchy, which is good news.
EU3_1442.jpg

Yearly income is now 94933 ducats. The next mission is to save a province from rebels. Then I have to build a level 2 fort in MicMac.
In February 1766, we diploannex Lorraine, to get their COT in Lothringen. In fact, some of Italy's provinces were trading through that COT, and that is unacceptable.
EU3_1457.jpg

And In April 1766, I get hit again by the +50% trade income event, which will shoot our income through the roof.
EU3_1460.jpg

1766-1771: Hainaut, Spain, Portugal, Ayutthaya annexed. Canada, Argentina. +some more

In June 1766, we declare war on Hainaut and Flanders, who take Bourbonnais and some other minors into the war.
EU3_1463.jpg

The wars are not interesting.
In October 1766, after completing fortification in MicMac, we get the mission to vassalize Luxembourg. We declare war also on the Maldives and Japan.
Meanwhile, our yearly income hits 119k ducats.
Japan takes Korea into the war, who becomes the war leader and means we will not get any provinces for little infamy in Japan.
After expanding our influence, we begin peacing in November 1767. We annex the Maldives.
EU3_1506.jpg

In September 1768, we vassalize Bourbonnais, which took a lot of effort to occupy fully.
EU3_1513.jpg

Then Hainaut is annexed.
EU3_1515.jpg

And Flanders has to cede several provinces.
EU3_1516.jpg

In Japan, out of frustration for not being able to handle directly with Japan, we grab one province for 4 infamy. Probably a bad decision - we need to remove Korea first before getting serious in Japan.
EU3_1517.jpg

We are near the infamy limit - but that is not a worry. We release Canada.
EU3_1518.jpg

Europe is getting increasingly green.
EU3_1524.jpg

Mainz is sold to the Palatinate, who have a core on them and are the same culture group.
EU3_1525.jpg

In August 1769, we declare war on Portugal, Aragon and Ayutthaya. We also abandon the idea of Shrewd Commerce Practice to get Esprit de Corps - 25% Discipline are hard to resist.
EU3_1534.jpg

We declare war on Spain as well. While we are occupying Aragon one province of them defects to Italy.
EU3_1545.jpg

Venezuela also begins its quest for independence. Through an event we gain 28120 ducats. In August 1770, after expanding our sphere of influence again, we are ready for another round of annexations.
Spain is annexed...
EU3_1557.jpg

while Argentina begins its quest for independence as well. In December 1770, Ayutthaya is fully annexed.
EU3_1569.jpg

In February 1771, Portugal is annexed as well.
EU3_1572.jpg

They had some scattered provinces : in Greenland, Norway, Baleares and the usual Madeira.
EU3_1574.jpg

To compensate for losing the Shrewd Commerce Practice NI, I hire a trader. The other advisors are for discipline and infamy.
EU3_1576.jpg

In April 1771, the Qasim Khanate is vassalized.
EU3_1577.jpg

In June 1771, Aragon cedes a couple of provinces. Regrettably, the Revolution casus belli does not apply to them.
EU3_1579.jpg

High infamy ? Don't worry. Argentina is released in June 1771. They may become a rich country, they have a COT in Rio de La Plata.
EU3_1581.jpg

Last edited:
1771-1780:Adal, Korea annexed. Expansion in Western Europe. Several small vassalized.

Back at 0 infamy - I quickly need some country to grab. I expand in Africa, first grabbing some provinces from a Hausa-led coalition....
EU3_1592.jpg

and then annexing Adal. So the Horn of Africa is now fully Italian.
EU3_1594.jpg

In November 1772, Luxembourg is vassalized and therefore the mission is fulfilled.
EU3_1596.jpg

The next mission is "Remove Ragusa from the map". We need to unvassalize them first. It is done in June 1773. The next mission will be to improve defences in Jodphur.
EU3_1601.jpg

In May 1774, we declare war on France and Flanders.
EU3_1605.jpg

After building the fort in Jodphur, the next mission is vassalize Wales - which is our ally in a war atm. We declare war on Great Britain and Köln as well.
In June 1775, Flanders has to cede several provinces.
EU3_1620.jpg

In October 1775, Köln cedes some more.
EU3_1625.jpg

In December 1775, France cedes Normandie and Caux. Now all of the COTs in the region belong to us : Armor, Caux, Artois, Antwerpen and Breda.
EU3_1628.jpg

In February 1776, Great Britain cedes several provinces as well.
EU3_1629.jpg

To reduce infamy, Venezuela is released ....
EU3_1631.jpg

In September 1776, Korea is annexed.
EU3_1636.jpg

In January 1777, Wales is vassalized.
EU3_1639.jpg

Next mission, vassalize Oldenburg. Done in May 1777.
EU3_1643.jpg

Next mission, vassalize Flanders. Can't be done immediately because of the truce.
Therefore, Finland is vassalized in September 1777 - maybe I can help them retrieve some provinces from the Brits.
EU3_1646.jpg

I vassalized the Connacht (Ireland) as well, not sure when....
EU3_1648.jpg

I vassalize the Papal State as well - to have good relationships with them.
EU3_1650.jpg

Paraguay is released in December 1777...
EU3_1651.jpg

My peacetime income now is over 100k a year.
EU3_1655.jpg

In April 1779, thanks to France's collapse, Languedoc defects to our vassal Dauphine.
EU3_1656.jpg

In June 1779, Sicily is diploannexed to Italy. This way, all of our culture is united.
EU3_1658.jpg

Last edited:
The average usefulness of missions is certainly pretty high after those edits! :D

Really solid pace of expansion, also good to see all of Italy in your hands.

The average usefulness of missions is certainly pretty high after those edits! :D

Really solid pace of expansion, also good to see all of Italy in your hands.

Yeah, those missions are flawed IMHO and now of course it is more fun.

Last edited:
1780-1785: Sokoto, Kyoto annexed. Bohemia neutered. Chile, Castilla,Holstein released

In February 1780, we declare war on Bohemia, Aragon and Japan. Bohemia has gotten pretty big while we weren't watching.
EU3_1660.jpg

By October 1780, we have pretty much shown Bohemia who is boss.
EU3_1677.jpg

We vassalize Flanders, but we had used the wrong casus belly (Revolutionary war). So in the end we do gain 2 infamy overall. Oh well, never mind.
EU3_1681.jpg

In March 1781, we pretty much neuter Bohemia.
EU3_1682.jpg

Meanwhile, we have fully occupied Japan.
EU3_1683.jpg

100% war score --> which means Kyoto can be annexed. This way, we will able to declare war on the other countries in Japan.
EU3_1685.jpg

Aragon is lucky we have maxed infamy and gets peaced. There are no countries in the new world available for release, so this time I release Castille. After all, none of their provinces has cored yet and their provinces are not that rich anyway.
EU3_1687.jpg

Europe in April 1781. Regrettably, Scotland is independent and a Republican Dictatorship.
EU3_1688.jpg

We move our national focus to Sieradz and we build there another COT.
EU3_1691.jpg

Meanwhile, other COTs have been created in Europe : for instance in Georgia, in Ireland and in Bourbonnais. But we control them all, directly or indirectly - but Novgorod.
EU3_1692.jpg

In March 1782, Chile's quest for independence begins. Meanwhile, I understand that having created too many COTS might have not been a great idea. In fact, I get a very significant malus because of too many "Total Placed Merchants"
EU3_1698.jpg

In December 1782, we declare war on Great Britain. Meanwhile, a Japanese province has defected to... Persia, our vassal ? Well, it is worth supporting religious rebels in Japan then.
EU3_1701.jpg

In May 1783, Great Britain cedes two provinces to our vassal Finland. I am counting on the two other landlocked provinces to defect to Finland as well. Which in fact happens in December 1783, when Great Britain collapses again.
EU3_1703.jpg

In September 1783, another Idea is available and we pick "Shrewd Commerce Practices" again, since we are struggling again in COTs.
In February 1784, we declare war on France and Saxe Lauenburg - which takes also Denmark into the war.
EU3_1708.jpg

We deal with them in August 1784 - France cedes two provinces and Saxe Lauenburg is annexed.
EU3_1710.jpg

We gain a University in Sieradz. In March 1783, the province Värmland defects to Italy.
EU3_1715.jpg

In July 1785, we annex Sokoto.
EU3_1716.jpg

Denmark is peaced in July 1783 - they just have to give up vassals - we milk them for prestige, since we have to recover some after expanding our sphere of influence. It costs now more than 90 prestige.
EU3_1718.jpg

In July 1785, Chile is released...
EU3_1719.jpg

and Holstein as well. +2 infamy to annex and -4 to release as vassal. Too easy !
EU3_1720.jpg

Last edited:
You should convert this to Vicky 2 to do a WC.