• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you most likely won't make it into the Comintern since you aren't a Stalinist, Leninist, Left-wing Radical, or Social Democrat nation. If you somehow do make it in then you might get kicked out via event for being a PA Kingdom, which is ideologically opposite and directly opposed to communism. We put those limits in place to prevent stupid, nonsensical things from happening like Japan or Australia joining the Comintern or Communist China joining the Axis. You could join either the Axis or Allies with no problems, but your government is too far to the Right to join the Comintern without suffering from a very bad strategic effect.

Not that the USSR would accept you anyway, since you're not the right ideology and you'll bring it into an early war. The AI is told to be smart about who they accept into their factions during peacetime. For example, the USSR won't accept Com. China into the Comintern unless both nations are at war with Japan, because doing so would drag the USSR into an early war with Japan. Likewise, the BeNeLux won't join the Allies even if asked because they want to remain neutral for as long as possible.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you most likely won't make it into the Comintern since you aren't a Stalinist, Leninist, Left-wing Radical, or Social Democrat nation. If you somehow do make it in then you might get kicked out via event for being a PA Kingdom, which is ideologically opposite and directly opposed to communism. We put those limits in place to prevent stupid, nonsensical things from happening like Japan or Australia joining the Comintern or Communist China joining the Axis. You could join either the Axis or Allies with no problems, but your government is too far to the Right to join the Comintern without suffering from a very bad strategic effect.

Not that the USSR would accept you anyway, since you're not the right ideology and you'll bring it into an early war. The AI is told to be smart about who they accept into their factions during peacetime. For example, the USSR won't accept Com. China into the Comintern unless both nations are at war with Japan, because doing so would drag the USSR into an early war with Japan. Likewise, the BeNeLux won't join the Allies even if asked because they want to remain neutral for as long as possible.

Fair point...

I´ll see, if the Comintern accepts me by herself, if not for a long time (since I´m pretty far to join them, cause of low threat lvls), then I might consider going intenpendent... Maybe this way will work too, at least it won´t bring me to such an "obvious" war...

Good question, keep them coming! :)

Chapter VI: Year 1940 and 1st half of year 1941

Today´s chapter has quite different time span than the previous ones, since this one and half year was only about upgrading some INF to MNT, eventually building my 3rd wing, so much for my home front...

The Germans have already launched Barbarossa; I guess they had nothing to do...

clipboard01ocu.jpg

As usual in HoI3, Germans have superiority oven Soviets (at least in the beginning), and pushed Stalin´s forces deeper into the SU territory...

clipboard02fvw.jpg

I know this is an AAR, but hopefully someone will notice and fix this bug shown below?

clipboard03ey.jpg

The war between Japan and China eventually bogged down in the trench fight like in WWI... I praise Nationalists for holding on, I don´t want Axis to conquer a huge chunk of Asia...

clipboard04fl.jpg

As the Barbarossa goes, you can see some border changes... Nothing really happened close to Greece, so I´m just providing you with some insight of the foreign fights, but everything goes more-less historically...

clipboard05sr.jpg

This chapter was quite short, but I´m planning to make a huge tomorrow, definitely check it out!

P.S. I can only tell there will be a real war going on, close to Greek borderlines!

Subbed. About German claims to lithuanian province, it is because this province were given to Lithuania in Treaty of Versailles, but I remember that, Germans retake this region before WWII(event "Claims on Memel - Lithuania Accept" should give this province too, because Germans retake all of the region that was given to Lithuania in ToV) or I am wrong?

It would be much easier to follow your AAR if you chose more helpful mapmodes for your screenshots. Eg for the German progress into Russia, diplomatic mapmode would be more useful than trying to find that thin red line (no pun intended).

Subbed. About German claims to lithuanian province, it is because this province were given to Lithuania in Treaty of Versailles, but I remember that, Germans retake this region before WWII(event "Claims on Memel - Lithuania Accept" should give this province too, because Germans retake all of the region that was given to Lithuania in ToV) or I am wrong?

Well, maybe it´s working as a "accelerator" for Human GER, to DoW SU faster? (+20 threat)... I can´t see anything more meaningful in this...

It would be much easier to follow your AAR if you chose more helpful mapmodes for your screenshots. Eg for the German progress into Russia, diplomatic mapmode would be more useful than trying to find that thin red line (no pun intended).

Nah, Idk what to say... I´m trying to focus as much as I can on my homefront (which is fairly visible all the times), I just wanted to give you some screens at least how the world looks like, it´s not a big deal, but maybe I´ll recall this when I make a new screenshot... ;)

hmm Romania is untouched? :D

They are in Axis, I´m on a new chapter right now, I don´t want to spoil your further reading to just write it here now...:)

phew! i'm REALLY glad you switched away from image thumbnails and are instead now doing full sized images. It makes things MUCH easier to read. Thank you :)

A Greek AAR is a rarity so I'll be following out of curiosity with what you can do with them. I'm inclined to agree with Baltasar about selecting more informative mapmodes...but that's an easy thing to fix. Good work Ikarases (with a name like that it's hard to remember you're not Greek...haha). *subscribed*

phew! i'm REALLY glad you switched away from image thumbnails and are instead now doing full sized images. It makes things MUCH easier to read. Thank you :)

A Greek AAR is a rarity so I'll be following out of curiosity with what you can do with them. I'm inclined to agree with Baltasar about selecting more informative mapmodes...but that's an easy thing to fix. Good work Ikarases (with a name like that it's hard to remember you're not Greek...haha). *subscribed*

Thanks!

I´ve "invented" this name when I was thinking how would my UT character should be named...

IMPORTANT NEWS

I´m leaving the day after tomorrow for a week on vacation... Most likely I won´t be able to update my AAR, probably just checking it here and reply on our questions... I should be back around 20th August, so I´ve enough time to complete it before school starts (again:wacko:)...

Chapter VII: Greece at War (mid to end 1941)

Here it is, the atmosphere is tense, the war is near!

The Italians have joined the Axis, so they are soon able to fire the Event... Now watch the dates on the next screens...

clipboard06cr.jpg

You know that I don´t like Italians joining the Nazis, even less when they are mobilizing...

clipboard07c.jpg

So Mussolini wants to take over and puppet Greece?

clipboard08r.jpg

Word on four (F) + pronoun on three... Quite easy response, right? (kinda childish, I know)...

clipboard09w.jpg

Look! My first battle went (obviously) victorious! (I got 50% unit strength by laws)...

clipboard11d.jpg

Taking over the former VP of Albania...

clipboard12k.jpg

Diplomacy: I asked UK to help, and they eventually accepted... At least there won´t be so many ships of Regina Marina around my land...

clipboard13m.jpg

Albania was a quite easy conquest, but I know this won´t be over, not by a longshot...

clipboard14v.jpg

Meanwhile the things shake up a little, Iraq DWs UK, my navy is almost destroyed, but the most important thing happens right here...

clipboard16j.jpg

Will be Greece able to defend Yugoslavia from fascist invaders? What will be the Bulgarian reaction? How is the East front progressing? The answers on these questions will be revealed in the next continuation!

P.S. Sorry for my grammar and quite simple text, I´m quite tired right now, but I just couldn’t let you hanging; not for a while more...

Yugoslavia joining the Allies is a total 'Aww Sh*t...' moment.

Italy typically can steamroll the Yugoslavs, unless Yugoslavia pre-mobilised compared to Italy and can form a defence line just past Trieste in Dalmatia. However, you've got it even worse because the Germans will steamroll and AI Yugoslavia no-matter what. Not to mention Yugoslav threat vis a vis Hungary and Bulgaria. Therefore the Yugoslavs really have screwed you over, because they will now retreat forces into Greece, which will eat supplies, and create stacking problems for you on the defence.

It would have been much better had they joined the Axis really.

They did joined the Allies at the first place, no cheating...

After all, the Nazis created Croatia and Serbia, which helped me a bit to reorganize forces, so Yugoslavian units disappeared... More in the next continuation!:)

Yugoslavia joined the Allies due to game mechanics. Anybody the Axis declare war upon will join the Allies *sigh*

Chapter VIII: The fall of Yugoslavia and Bulgaria

Welcome to my next chapter of this (thrilling) AAR!

Historically, Italians were unable to take over Greece by themselves, so the Germans needed to intervene, if they wanted the Europe Allies-free... Yugoslavian force isn´t huge, but at least it can stall the Italians and Germans for a while...

clipboard16j.jpg

Look at the Romanians! Joining Axis was their biggest mistake they ever made... They are steamrolled by Soviet forces, which is very close to put them in GiE!

clipboard17s.jpg

Nice chain reaction here... Japan DWs UK, Nationalist China wants to unite against common threat, which UK accepts... At some point, Bulgaria joins Axis and DWs me and Yugoslavia... Not such a smart move, do you agree? ;)

clipboard18k.jpg

After some initial fights, Bulgarian forces aren´t fully mobilized yet, so this is a cake-walk for my well-equipped divisions... But this extends to a longer conflict, since it´s December right now...

clipboard19t.jpg

Yugoslavia is fighting hard fights, while I´m slowly dealing with Bulgarian forces... I need to hold them off for a few months longer, because my homeland isn´t defended very well!

clipboard20r.jpg

Look at this cute little pocket of Bulgarian troops! I´ve done a good move, at least my casualties’ won´t be so high...

clipboard21m.jpg

At this point, I´m about to conquer Bulgaria, at least I don´t have to fight both fronts at once... My army excels in equipment, but not in numbers... Also I´ve decided to establish a weak, but at least some defensive front, including Beograd with it, mostly behind rivers or in the mountains...

clipboard22u.jpg

This is gonna be close! The situation looks grim; at least my troops from Bulgaria are ready to move to Yugoslavian front...

clipboard23g.jpg

What just happened? Ah, Germans took over Beograd and my troops are starving in the German puppet of Serbia? We must evacuate them out of here ASAP and establish a home-front!

clipboard24m.jpg

For some reason, Serbia and Croatia DWs me when I retreat my forces from there... Well, at least there aren´t forces of Italians, Romanians and even Hungarians present... This gives me better odds of success...

clipboard25g.jpg

Another pocket achieved, thanks to Albania and Bulgaria landmass connected! I really wonder if the AI gets “disastrous battle” event, but I guess their NU would be even zero... :D

clipboard26n.jpg

I managed to cut the pocket´s size to one province, so they can´t my fronts back now... I´ve caught 4 German and 1 Serbian division in there... This will help me for future fights! :)

clipboard27p.jpg

For somewhat reason, Italians are trying hard to take over Tirane and neighboring provinces... Four brigades of GAR are putting a hold of these Italian intentions...

clipboard28s.jpg

At this point, the Serbians stay with their master, while SU conquers Beograd... I´m still moving forward, but I´m cautious and I´m leaving some units on former Greek-Serbian borders, just in case Soviets get pushed back...

clipboard29r.jpg

I´m trying to cut off Soviets from reaching Zagreb, but my forces aren´t strong enough, so I need to wait a while and conquer at least the southern provinces, still better than nothing...:)

clipboard31f.jpg

Oh look! These pesky Italians are landing near Tirane, to avoid amphibious penalty! Luckily I´ve some mostly MTN divisions around here, so I´ll end this invasion soon enough until they do some real damage to my war effort... Also the Vichy France DWs UK, so much for the foreign politics...

clipboard34s.jpg

Do you see that loses? I´m starting to think Italians are fighting like they should, according to real history!

clipboard36.jpg

Now I´m taking over Split, nowadays a big tourist magnet... I´m not gonna stop here and take a sunbath, I need to move on and drive the Axis forces out of the whole Europe! :p

clipboard37.jpg

I´m coming to the end of this thrilling chapter, I hope you enjoyed this... Now I´m sending a full corps of MTN units to fortify my back against sudden Turkish invasion that could happen, if they join Axis! Also some INF brigades were disbanded in order to build more GAR units to suppress the cities in Bulgaria... One more thing: I have a nice surprise for Baltasar and guys like him!

clipboard49.jpg

P.S. The next update will probably come out at the end of this week, so don´t be worried about me forgetting about my AAR!

Now all you need to do is take Sicily and west turkey and restore the anicent Greece/Macedon Empire ;).

The Italians and Germans can probs hold that current line quite well for a good long while. Hungary, might not join the axis, so it might become an island in a sea of war. The eventual outcome of the war may likely favour the Soviets, particularly if you can enact the attack on Sicily (license TP are friends).

Now all you need to do is take Sicily and west turkey and restore the anicent Greece/Macedon Empire ;).

The Italians and Germans can probs hold that current line quite well for a good long while. Hungary, might not join the axis, so it might become an island in a sea of war. The eventual outcome of the war may likely favour the Soviets, particularly if you can enact the attack on Sicily (license TP are friends).

Hungary is at Axis, but not at war with SU...