• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1717-1725 : Orissa, Bengal and Brandenburg vassalized. War with Sweden and Bohemia.

My mission is to convert Minnesota. There is a missionary there but he has not converted the province yet.
EU3_796.jpg

I move a slider and maximize "Free Subjects". I refuse a call to arms from Ukraine (who started a war against Sweden), losing some prestige. I resolve to recover it vassalizing Orissa and Bengal. I declare war on them.
EU3_808.jpg

I get a core on Hammah, Haasa. In February 1721, Bengal is vassalized.
EU3_813.jpg

In the following month, Orissa is vassalized as well.
EU3_814.jpg

Therefore, this is a diplomatic map of Asia in March 1721.
EU3_815.jpg

I regret somewhat having released Indian states. In fact, I decide to reintegrate one, Gakwar, on which I still have two cores - I cede the third province to my vassal Riga, who has a core on it. It turns out to be a bad idea, as Riga has no heavy ships and can't get tariffs.
So Surat and Barod become Venetian and Ahmadabad belongs to Riga.
EU3_821.jpg

I would like to help my vassals recover the provinces, on which they have a core. I am not sure how to do it - can you do that on OPMs ? In February 1723, I declare war on Ansbach, since virtually all of the vassals who are neighboring it have a core on it.
EU3_825.jpg

I end up being at war with Ukraine and Brandenburg as well.
The only highlight of this war is the not so small army of Ukraine.
EU3_831.jpg

Then it dawns on me that no matter what, annexing an OPM will cost me 4 infamy points with the Imperialism casus belli. So I choose instead to vassalize Brandenburg.
EU3_833.jpg

I convert Mainz and the Ukraine to catholic and finish the war. But before that, I get a gift to the state - 32127 ducats. The game loves me.
EU3_843.jpg

In July 1724 I get called to arms from Kanem Bornu against Spain - I declare war on Spain with the colonialism casus belli. This war drags on a little, so I declare war on Sweden, who is at war with Denmark but who has tons of allies. My targets are Riga (for Riga) and Frankfurt (for either Hesse or or Würzburg)

EU3_848.jpg

The anti-Italy coalition is not that small, but of course we have seen much worse.
EU3_849.jpg

Meanwhile, we can peace Spain and get their last colony bordering with us, Malindi. If the Swahili and The Mameluks were diploannexed, we would connect all of the African provinces to Rome.
EU3_850.jpg

In February 1725, in Ostmarch, we get the only major engagement worth remembering in this war. Their army is then routed in Bohemia.
EU3_855.jpg

For some reason, I guess PU, Frankfurt belongs to Sweden - but will soon belong to our vassal, Hesse. Sweden has no real army, having been defeated either by Ukraine or Denmark.
EU3_860.jpg

In August 1725, Sweden cedes Frankfurt (to Hesse) and Riga (to Riga). So my objectives for this war have been reached.
EU3_864.jpg

Closer look on Riga and Frankfurt.
EU3_865.jpg

EU3_866.jpg

I will probably help my vassals get their cores for a while - there are plenty of them. It is not even worth listing them all. That has the benefit that the improvements don't get destroyed and the vassals end up being more useful - while I don't have more uncored provinces to worry about.
But the war with Bohemia isn't over - there is a second major engagement in Niederlausitz in September 1725.
EU3_869.jpg

I get a core on Najd - Oman - that will be my next target. In November 1725, we peace Bohemia.
EU3_872.jpg

Peace again - apart from the Oirat Horde. We are colonizing their last province.

Thanks to everybody who is following.

I will be on a short vacation and the next update will be around the end of July.

Enjoy yourself - look forward to seeing this continue soon.

So you can walk from Venice to China without leaving home soil - Marco Polo would be proud. :D

Looking forward to more when you're back.

These Italians are more akin to anceint Rome than modern italians. Splendid progress. Nice gift to the state: 32,000 ducats is good for a few manufactories. Almost time for another 'let's see what kind of a mess the ai can make from here' simulation.

Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback, I'll probably get around to write an update this weekend since right now I have to recover... from the vacation :)

@Prawnstar,TonyJoe, Malurous, dragonizer, blsteen: Thank you for the kind words.

Sirce: Thank you for the tip. Though letting a vassal annex a OPM isn't really that helpful, for the same infamy cost I can vassalize the OPM.

Chief Ragusa: Thank you. I will probably make another test run soon :)

1725-1731 : The yearly income grows. New provinces in Africa, Arabia and Iberia.

In January 1726, we declare war on Oman to claim our core, Najd. We lose 6335 ducats because of an event. In September 1726, after an uneventful war, Najd belongs to Italy.
EU3_881.jpg

After moving our national focus to Verkohzehkoye, we create a COT in Udskoye, so that Sibiria can have their COT too. Nanjing needed a split.
EU3_884.jpg

In May 1727, after reaching 41 Government Technology, we pick the NI "Merchant Adventures", which decreases Merchant costs by 33%. This NI, if taken together with "National Trade Policy", allows nice events and decisions.
EU3_897.jpg

In fact, one decision is immediately taken : Merchant Shipping Act, which improves our Trade Efficiency.
EU3_893.jpg

As our infamy is running low, we declare war on Tunisia. After an uneventful war, Tunisia is vassalized in February 1728.
EU3_902.jpg

"National Trade Policy" and "Merchant Adventures" together allow an event : "Marketplace appears". In April 1728, the first marketplace appears in Tuskegee.
EU3_906.jpg

I queue a refinery in Cuneo, just because. The last Oirat Horde province defects to us - there are now no horde provinces that I know of. I have no use for my colonists, since there are no empty provinces to colonize as well.
EU3_912.jpg

Until 1731 other five marketplaces appear. We get called to arms against Ukraine from Tver. We accept the call to arms, which allows us to raise war taxes. In June 1729 we hire a sheriff, which allows another decision, "The Mining Act".
EU3_919.jpg

War taxes and the latest decisions raise our income to 74773 ducats yearly. In November 1729 we declare war on Spain, to retrieve a colony. Nobody helps them. In February 1730, I get hit by a great event, which improves our trade efficiency by 50% until 1735.
EU3_931.jpg

Our income is now outrageous and our technology is doing well. Technlogies seem cheap, but for some reason naval technology is much more expensive than other technologies. By the way, our Land Technology 43 is much higher than Europe's average and allows us to have Blue Coat Infantry.
EU3_932.jpg

In March 1730, Spain has to cede Timbuktu.
EU3_933.jpg

Our yearly income in March 1730 is 88389 ducats yearly.
EU3_934.jpg

In November 1730, we declare war on Aragon - nobody helps them as well. We destroy their fleets and rout their armies.
EU3_940.jpg

EU3_947.jpg

By April 1731, we have reached a decent war score and we can get what we want.
EU3_952.jpg

Our vassals Fez, Algers and Navarra get a core each : Melilla, Oran and Aragon.
Each province costs us 2 infamy - but Aragon is a Republican Dictatorship and we will not get the "Other Government" casus belli on them.
EU3_953.jpg

Europe in April 1731.
EU3_954.jpg

Our empire in April 1731.
EU3_MAP_ITA_1731.4.19_2.jpg

1731-1737: Cornwall and Dauphine vassalized. New provinces in Arabia and West Africa.

In April 1731, at last, the mission is fulfilled. Minnesota has been converted. The next mission will be to vassalize Dauphine.
EU3_959.jpg

We declare war on them. They were being guaranteed by Guyenne and Champagne. Champagne joins us, but Guyenne joins Dauphine. We are still at war with Ukraine.
EU3_963.jpg

After a while, Brittany declares war on us as well, but we occupy their provinces and they have to pay 278 ducats for peace. Ukraine accepts peace with Tver and converts back to Orthodox.
In March 1752, Dauphine is vassalized and therefore the mission is fulfilled.
EU3_973.jpg

The next mission is to convert Augsburg, which we cancel. Therefore we get the mission to vassalize Cornwall.
Guyenne has to release Toulouse and pay 64 ducats for peace.
EU3_978.jpg

We get a core on Basra, Iraq. We diplo-annex Corfu, who is a longtime core of us. We get called to arms against France from Bourbonnaise and we accept a white peace with France.
Lan Xang calls us to war against Oman in 1732 and we declare war on Oman with the Imperialism casus belli instead of answering the call to arms.
EU3_987.jpg

In July 1733, we accept peace with Oman and we get the provinces Najran and Hadramut in Arabia...
EU3_993.jpg

... along with a couple of provinces for our vassal Aceh, who is now holding the biggest part of Sumatra.
EU3_995.jpg

In fact, this is a diplomatic map of Asia in July 1733.
EU3_996.jpg

In January 1734, we decide to expand in Britain. We are going to vassalize Cornwall, but we would like to connect our holdings there to both of their provinces. We also need to get some more provinces in the region, because we are still struggling in the COT in Armor. We declare war on Great Britain, Gloucestershire will be our target.
EU3_999.jpg

We easily rout Britain's main stack .
EU3_1001.jpg

We declare war on Cornwall as well. In May 1734, a little optimistically, I expand my sphere of influence. Then Cornwall is vassalized.
EU3_1008.jpg

The following mission is to convert Württemberg, a mission that cannot be cancelled yet. In September 1734, Great Britain has to cede Gloucestershire and Marches....
EU3_1011.jpg

... along with Stettin , for our vassal Brandenburg. I expected Neumark to rebel and join Brandenburg as well, but instead, it is Pommeranian rebels who will pop up there.
EU3_1013.jpg

Why not try and fulfill the mission - convert Württemberg ? I cancel the alliance and the vassalage, and declare war on them. Flanders, as defender of the Protestant faith, helps them.
We destroy their fleet.
EU3_1018.jpg

Württemberg is converted in May 1735. I do get the +10 prestige, but not the -2 infamy. So this mission is DEFINITELY flawed. I had to eat a -20 prestige to cancel the vassalage. Why would any reasonable person would want to fulfill this mission? And of course, Württemberg has now 1 catholic and 2 protestant provinces, which leaves them in a crippled state. To add insult to injury, the next mission is convert Crimea - that I cannot cancel yet !
EU3_1020.jpg

Anyway, I land a stack on Antwerpen and wipe out a Flanders stack in Valenciennes. Burgundy is a vassal of Flanders.
EU3_1022.jpg

A second stack is defeated in Antwerpen and then routed in Zeeland.
EU3_1025.jpg

After occupying several provinces, I let Flanders get away with little. I just need to recover prestige. They cancel two vassalages and reduce their sphere of influence.
EU3_1031.jpg

Map of Europe in May 1736. Meanwhile, our yearly income is back to 70k ducats after losing the 50% trade bonus. But new marketplaces keep appearing because of our NIs.
EU3_1037.jpg

I get hit by a Monetary Reform, and maybe a little naively I pick the 3% inflation increase instead of the stability hits. After all, I am not minting and I might as well have some inflation to reduce.
In March 1737 I can cancel the conversion mission and God tells me to build an university in Connecticut. I will have to save a little for that.
To fully recover prestige and get some more infamy, I fight a short war with Kanem Bornu and get three provinces from them. Kumasi, Gao and Tadimekket. Kumasi has gold, by the way. So we are back to 100% prestige.
EU3_1042.jpg

Next update probably around Friday-Saturday next week.

that converting mission is simply annoying, very-very far from being useful - especially that the tooltip about -2 BB is indeed a lie... it should be reworked along with the "build manufactory in X" ones.

Simply Outstanding!!!!
I will not even inquire why you did things.
Awesome even though my old browser took 10 min. to load each page.:eek:hmy:
allmost as good as playing it myself.

that converting mission is simply annoying, very-very far from being useful - especially that the tooltip about -2 BB is indeed a lie... it should be reworked along with the "build manufactory in X" ones.

Yeah, in fact I am very tempted to remove both missions from the mission files - even it feels like cheating. But the game is actually cheating me. According to this thread, which might be outdated, it is the target who has been converted who gets the -2 infamy, ´+10 prestige bonus.

Simply Outstanding!!!!
I will not even inquire why you did things.
Awesome even though my old browser took 10 min. to load each page.:eek:hmy:
allmost as good as playing it myself.

Thank you. I am posting full images because I want it to feel like you are playing the game yourself, but regrettably, then, it takes a lot of time for the pages to load. I am aware many AAR writers clip the images because of that.

Good job, as always.
Try to slow down your expansion or you'll finish the world conquest before 1800 :rofl:

:) Nice, but World Conquest is not going to happen, it takes a lot more planning and dedication as you can see in Prawnstar's AARs. World Vassalage, though, should be possible.

1737-1745: Expanding towards Krakow. New vassals and cores in Asia and Africa.

I am stuck at home with a bad cold so I ended up playing, even if I shouldn't.

In October 1737, because of Malacca declaring independence from Aceh, and because of our ally Khmer being attacked by Korea, we find ourselves at war in Asia.
EU3_1044.jpg

I use this opportunity to vassalize Qin for 3 infamy - their provinces are poor anyway and I don't want them in my empire.
EU3_1045.jpg

And without further thought I vassalize Malacca as well. So we control 5 out of 7 provinces in Sumatra.
EU3_1046.jpg

After that, we peace Korea, and we can queue the university in Connecticut in May 1738.
Marketplaces keep up appearing, while we concentrate also on buildings increasing our production (Docks and Counting Houses).
We are still the technological leader and we have by now more then 1m troops.
EU3_1053.jpg

In February 1739, I get called to arms from Tver against Ukraine. I should get rid of some allies. But I use the opportunity to declare war against Ukraine myself, since they have a province I'd like to get, Carpathia. I declare war against Poland as well, since they are at the moment sieging Carpathia.
EU3_1061.jpg

We end up being at war with Poland, Ukraine, Great Britain.
EU3_1062.jpg

We get a core on Xishuan Banna, Korea. After an easy war we get Carpathia from Ukraine in September 1739...
EU3_1069.jpg

And in January 1740 we get Krakow, Ruthenia and Neumark (for our vassal Brandenburg) from the Poland / Great Britain coalition. Krakow is a very rich province and owning it will help us place merchants in Budjak.
EU3_1074.jpg

Trade map of Europe and approssimate location of COTs. There are COTs both in Athens and Venice, even if they seem to have the same color.
EU3_1076.jpg

Politica map of Europe.
EU3_1075.jpg

In March 1740, because of an event I get a -10% discipline modifier till 1750. In June 1741, we get called to arms from Champagne against Burgundy and allies, but In December 1741 I sign a white peace.
In March 1742, because of a Sale of Titles I get 37380 ducats. But in June 1742, I find out in shock that I am not papal controller any longer - both because of our policies and of our infamy.
EU3_1090.jpg

By May 1743, the university in Connecticut has been built and I get another "great" mission : build an University in Benguela. To edit or not to edit the mission files ? But God gave us a lot of money and queuing an university is not a problem.
EU3_1095.jpg

In June 1743, we get a core on Ifat, Ethiopia. We have two cores waiting to be claimed now.
I build an embassy in Carpathia, since by now Zurich has cored. And in August 1743 I declare war both on Ethiopia and Korea.
In October 1743, Ifat has been conquered from Ethiopia.
EU3_1102.jpg

And in December 1743, Xishuan Banna has been conquered from Korea.
EU3_1105.jpg

Political map of Asia in December 1743.
EU3_1109.jpg

In Febuary 1744, Bourbonnais calls us to arms against Champagne. We answer the call to arms, which means we lose Champagne as an ally. I won't cry for that. I use the opportunity to raise war taxes, which takes our yearly income to 85k ducats.
EU3_1111.jpg

In December 1744, we create a new COT in Jaipur, India, to split Kutch.
We use the war to get some money from Champagne in the peace treaty - 1721 ducats. Approssimate location of COTs in Asia.
EU3_1126.jpg

In April 1745, there have been some minor changes in Europe : France, Bourbonnais and Tver have expanded
EU3_1127.jpg

- and Minamoto has become the Papal Controller....
EU3_1128.jpg

In August 1745, our peacetime yearly income, without modifiers, is over 80k ducats.
EU3_1129.jpg

A bad cold hope you feel better.
Friday had 25 teeth pulled used down time to catch up.
Went to work tuesday not a good idea so have 4 more days off.
Back O/T with vassels I am sure WC is possible.
It would be nice if manufactury misson completed when you start construction and not waste 5 years.:(