• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be watching this mod VEEERY closely! i apselutely LOVE the elder scrolls and was just yesterday wondering why anybody hadnt made a mod for it yet

oh and btw is there any possiplity for you to make a like pre realese so people could play around on the map or something?

oh and btw is there any possiplity for you to make a like pre realese so people could play around on the map or something?

No. A (pre)release in the mod's current condition would not give people the right impression of it, nor would it be much fun to play.

I will be watching this mod VEEERY closely! i apselutely LOVE the elder scrolls and was just yesterday wondering why anybody hadnt made a mod for it yet

First Post - FAQ Section said:
Can't you just release what you've already done and then release updates?
No, the mod is in a very early, unpolished state; it is not yet considered playable.
:mellow:

I will be eagerly awaiting this, I think CK2 suits the job perfectly for an Elder Scrolls setting. I'm wondering how deep the feudal aspects of this will be able to go though, I remember whilst playing Oblivion that the only landed nobles below the rank of emperor were the counts which ruled each city, my point is: Will there only be count/emperor level titles or will you be making a compromise in these aspects in regards to adding in duchy's etc.?

I will be eagerly awaiting this, I think CK2 suits the job perfectly for an Elder Scrolls setting. I'm wondering how deep the feudal aspects of this will be able to go though, I remember whilst playing Oblivion that the only landed nobles below the rank of emperor were the counts which ruled each city, my point is: Will there only be count/emperor level titles or will you be making a compromise in these aspects in regards to adding in duchy's etc.?

Based on the amount of research that's gone in to the mod, the 2nd era seemed to have a King for each village (Skingrad for example was a Kingdom, not really a County during the 2nd era). To prevent confusion and to simplify things, we've pulled a Paradox and basically kept the current naming convention (for example in vanilla CK2 you don't see Markgraf, Archdukes, Fürstentum, Kurfürst, Landgraf, et al in the HRE), although with some localised names (for example Dukes in Skyrim are known as Jarls).

So I know this is set after the disappearance of the Dwemer, but will their tech/ruins/lore play any part in the game?
We will probably incorporate them as random events - finding a dwemer ruin may give you a small temporary bonus to combat, for example.

I believe this mod takes place before Tiber Septim becomes the ninth divine.
Correct. In fact one of the 'aims' as a player could be to unite Tamriel and become the ninth divine.

We will probably incorporate them as random events - finding a dwemer ruin may give you a small temporary bonus to combat, for example.

Events with Dwemer ruins could open up all manner of interesting "story arcs." Chains of events similar to the Hole to Hell thing. Do you send your marshal and some men to investigate? Hire some wandering "heroes" to loot the place? Upon exploring it it could give a bonus from looted equipment, or perhaps there is a coven of vampires holed up inside, or maybe a clan of bandits. Actually, that could be a cool thing to incorporate for a number of events. Being the noble that that hero gets his quests from could be an interesting way to be on the other side of an RPG.

Funny, I was just thinking, after playing through Skyrim, how interesting it would be to apply it to CKII.

Someone with more technical know-how thought so too! :D

Correct. In fact one of the 'aims' as a player could be to unite Tamriel and become the ninth divine.
Oh, the mod begins further in the past than I thought. Becoming the Ninth Divine would make for a cool event/plot.

How much time is the mod going to cover?

This fits perfectly with Crusader Kings 2, thanks for making this Korbah+team!

Those sea provinces are temp holders I hope :ninja:

Pretty much right now yes, sea provinces are very low priority, especially without naval combat -.-
(So this is where you disappeared to from DMS? :ninja:)

Oh, the mod begins further in the past than I thought. Becoming the Ninth Divine would make for a cool event/plot.

How much time is the mod going to cover?

In theory, from 2E450 until sometime in the 4th era, at least that is the span of time we have right now, that is about 1,200-some years. Although the beta is likely only going to have a 2E450 start.
This is a small piece of reference information from our own forums (we can't change the way CK2 shows dates, so we'll be using the following numbers, 2E450 translates to rough 3370);
Amauri said:
Here are my little references:

1 - First Era
2920 - Second Era
3350 - Interregnum
3370 - Our First Bookmark
3817 - Third Era
4250 - Fourth Era

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.