• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fabulous.
Are there any pink Chinese nations?

If you want a preview of the next update, just picture in your head one hundred thousand indians sweeping the german region from East to West, meeting 200,000 French in Mainz
...ouch. How can even you save yourself in such a situation?

If you want a preview of the next update, just picture in your head one hundred thousand indians sweeping the german region from East to West, meeting 200,000 French in Mainz

That will certainly make for some interesting cuisine :)

Yeah, can you imagine? Frog's legs tandoori?

:rofl: When i wrote my post, i was exactly thinking about that ! :D

And i think i'd like to actually taste it... or Burgundian snails with garam massala...

:rofl: When i wrote my post, i was exactly thinking about that ! :D

And i think i'd like to actually taste it... or Burgundian snails with garam massala...
Goodness gracious. I wonder how that'd taste! :D

Each seperately are divine... combination can only be awesome ! :p

Really? I picture it more like the clash between God (the Garam Masala) and the Devil...

I'm not a big fan of French cuisine, as you may or may not guess :p

Really? I picture it more like the clash between God (the Garam Masala) and the Devil...

For starters, in Cuisine, opposites can be mixed, often for the better... even sugar/salt mixes. Even for example the peach with tuna-mayonaise ;) (but we all know belgians are crazy :D).

I'm not a big fan of French cuisine, as you may or may not guess :p

If you limit your vision of French Cuisine to frog legs and Burgundian snails, i guess i can understand (although i love both). But there are so many things to taste, i'm sure there are lots of things you could like or even love.

Jake, you better post an update quickly, because when a Frenchman gets started on a discussion regarding Cuisine, it can never end... :D

Bernd, i think one never really knows a country until it has had the opportunity to discover its Cuisine. Until i also get to visit Norway, would you have some recipes of Norwegian specialties for me to try out ? :p

For starters, in Cuisine, opposites can be mixed, often for the better... even sugar/salt mixes. Even for example the peach with tuna-mayonaise ;) (but we all know belgians are crazy :D).
That's true, I guess. :D

If you limit your vision of French Cuisine to frog legs and Burgundian snails, i guess i can understand (although i love both). But there are so many things to taste, i'm sure there are lots of things you could like or even love.
I was, of course, only being half-serious... So, what are some good, non-crazy French foods you'd recommend?

Bernd, i think one never really knows a country until it has had the opportunity to discover its Cuisine.
Indeed.

Until i also get to visit Norway, would you have some recipes of Norwegian specialties for me to try out ? :p
No. Nononononononono. No. Whatever you do, stay far away from Scandinavian cuisine. There is literally no worse food in the world.

What can I tempt you with? Dry, half-rotten fish? Maybe salty, dry, half-rotten fish? Or perhaps even moist, salty, half-rotten fish?

No?

How about blood sausage? No..? Okay, no problem. Perhaps blood pudding?

Not that either?

I'm running out of courses here... Oh!

I know!

Would you like some chewy old lamb meat from last summer cooked to shreds (to make sure all the bacteria that have inevitably settled there during the autumn are killed), with literally no spices at all, maybe even together with some incredibly bad tasty cabbage?

Of course you do. I won't take no for an answer.

That'll be €35 please. No, that's not a typo.

How about blood sausage? No..? Okay, no problem. Perhaps blood pudding?

That we have in France too. With an apple sauce, it's a delight ! :D

And i always thought that English Cuisine was the worst... but of course, that's probably our millenium-long rivalry speaking :p

In French Cuisine, you have Cassoulet, Blanquette de Veau and all matters of ragouts, Ratatouille (yeah, i's a Nice dish before being an animation movie :p), Coq au vin, Duck magret, Fois gras, Tarte Tatin, Mille-feille,... And those are just the ones from the top of my head, and i haven't even taked about the 365+ sorts of cheeses, and the meals you can do with them like the Savoie Tartiflette. (and yes, i kept the French names, because there is no equivalent, and they are in french even in the english wikipedia :p)

Jake, told you : if you don't make an update soon, i can continue at length regarding Cuisine :D

Actually, Bloodsausage in Denmark is with either Apple sauce or sugar.

That or Ris a la mande (i think that's the way it's spelled) which is cooked rice in Whipped cream with Vanilla and Almonds. It's delicious :D

I'm actually a fan of France Cuisine, also Spanish and several other national foods :) I love food, and love trying new things when i cook (which i do alot).

That or Ris a la mande (i think that's the way it's spelled) which is cooked rice in Whipped cream with Vanilla and Almonds. It's delicious :D

The only "ris" i know are Ris de Veau (the thymus of the calf), another French delicacy :)

I'm actually a fan of France Cuisine, also Spanish and several other national foods :) I love food, and love trying new things when i cook (which i do alot).

Indeed. Although i talk a lot of French Cuisine, i love to discover other national foods, and i haven't found yet an area i don't like any dish from.

Fabulous.
Are there any pink Chinese nations?
I'm pretty sure I've seen Yuan as pink, but the mod probably made it hard, if not impossible, to play as them (I know that in Death and Taxes their nation is in chaos with rebels everywhere and all of the other Chinese nations are dogpiling them).

I'm pretty sure I've seen Yuan as pink, but the mod probably made it hard, if not impossible, to play as them (I know that in Death and Taxes their nation is in chaos with rebels everywhere and all of the other Chinese nations are dogpiling them).
Derpididerp. How could I forget that?
Okay, any apart from Yuan

Also, in 5.3.3 Yuan is very playable indeed. In 5.3.2 it's hard, though.

Last edited:
Haha! A reverse Raj :)

Now you just need to establish princely states to keep the locals down. Just imagine... the Maharaja of the princely state of Cornwall :D

The only "ris" i know are Ris de Veau (the thymus of the calf), another French delicacy :)

Since it's rice with almonds, I'd hazard a guess with riz à l'amande.

I can't wait for the next update. The hope for crazy things was the reason I started following this AAR, but crazier things, now that's just gravy.
And now I finally understand why dogpiles lead to revolutions whose war drags on and on until a forced white peace, because the other nation is almost fully occupied but by 4 different nations. I'd been idly wondering which of the 2 nations was the one that refused to peace out in those cases.