• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That looks excellent. Perhaps this means that EU:Rome 2 unlikely?

From what we've read, it seems like AGEOD has gone its separate way. I doubt that Alea Jacta Est would have too much impact on whether Paradox decides to do Rome 2. (As a side note, I'm also looking forward to AJE, and I would love to see Rome 2.)

Didn`t AGEOD make PoN? Nuff said.

Apart from that: Yay for Napoleon scenario. Where can I preorder? :p

They also made Napoleon's Campaigns 1. Considering until this game was called Napoleon's Campaign II until this week, I don't think it's "nuff said" at all.

They also made Napoleon's Campaigns 1. Considering until this game was called Napoleon's Campaign II until this week, I don't think it's "nuff said" at all.

Don`t get me wrong. Nice idea and all that. But loading screens of 5 minutes and another 15 minutes watching AI moves does not belong in a modern game. Not to mention the UI out of hell. Or the notion, that "complicated game" equals "complex game". Still regret the 7 bucks I spend on it.

Don`t get me wrong. Nice idea and all that. But loading screens of 5 minutes and another 15 minutes watching AI moves does not belong in a modern game. Not to mention the UI out of hell. Or the notion, that "complicated game" equals "complex game". Still regret the 7 bucks I spend on it.

I wouldn't judge AGEOD purely on PoN, it differs quite a bit from their usual game design.
AGEOD's American Civil War, Rise of Prussia or Revolution under Siege are much better representatives of what most of their games are like.

I wouldn't judge AGEOD purely on PoN, it differs quite a bit from their usual game design.
AGEOD's American Civil War, Rise of Prussia or Revolution under Siege are much better representatives of what most of their games are like.

Maybe. But my first impression is a bit along "If they go bankrupt I`m not sorry about it". :blush:

So why is this "A Europa Universalis Game"? Is that just attached to the title to sell more copies?

I think it may be a stepping stone before EU4. Trying out new mechanics, new interfaces, new Map, new combat system etc.

So why is this "A Europa Universalis Game"? Is that just attached to the title to sell more copies?

Because its in the EU time era, and also because creating more franchises is not necessarily a good thing

When I hear Europa Universalis it is a 100% buy for me since the first game!!! And this sounds like a game I will love too. Another autum lost because of playing a paradox game:cool:

When I hear Europa Universalis it is a 100% buy for me since the first game!!! And this sounds like a game I will love too. Another autum lost because of playing a paradox game:cool:

I think another winter is more likely.

I, for one, am glad that this game will now be set exclusively in Europe. I was never a big fan of the boxes representing overseas areas, such as the case in Empire: Total War.

There will have to be some way to simulate overseas involvement though.
There was serious fighting in South America the West Indies the Indian Ocean, mainland India, Indonesia and Persia. The War of 1812 was tightly interwoven with the Napoleonic Wars as well and would most likely not have happened without them.

Not to mention the huge economic importance of these regions, I don't see why anyone would be happy about leaving this out.