• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CocoBZ

Colonel
20 Badges
May 8, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
This mod adds the country borders as of 6th April 2012 and is intended to be used by anyone who wants to create a modern scenario (don't worry Xie, I'll create a 2007 version for you). You should pretty much ignore everything but the allocation of provinces, cores and claims.

Credits: Vaximillian for the flags (except Nagorno-Karabakh - that's from RumpNissen's pack), omega20 for the colorscales

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ayc820fj2cqp6sn
UPDATE: http://www.mediafire.com/?05c7b4qqeo69qv5

Installation instructions: Make a copy of the Darkest Hour Full folder and extract the archive into it, replacing files where needed.

Screenies:
Europe:
screensave0wj.png

Far East:
screensave1s.png

Middle East (notice how Golan is an occupied province):
screensave3e.png

N.America:
screensave4m.png

S.America:
screensave5.png

Africa:
screensave6d.png

I'm waiting for comments, corrections and suggestions (especially regarding African cores - I have no clue there)

Last edited:
Very Good :D.And Yes,Golan is a really occupied province.

Well, I saw it normal to include de facto and partially recognised states.

@Fernando Torres, @Lord Finnish: Rebels it is, then. I'll make the edit later.
Not necessarily, I was just starting a discussion. Could be nice to have them at war with Mali too.

Israel should have control of Jerusalem. It is the capital, after all (all government "stuff" is there).

Like how you included unrecognized states that have de facto control of their territory, such as South Ossetia. Azawad is questionable, though. I've talked with people who lived through the coup a few weeks ago, it's not as coup-ish as the world made it out to be. Though, there is little enforcement of anything in the North (much lower population, it's all dessert).

Yes, but Jerusalem the province for all I know seems to represent the West Bank. While Israel is all but occupying the area by this point, Palestine needs somewhere to be anyway, and it does exist in the area too.

Yes, but Jerusalem the province for all I know seems to represent the West Bank. While Israel is all but occupying the area by this point, Palestine needs somewhere to be anyway, and it does exist in the area too.

Did you also give them Gaza (the only reason I can see why the devs here put that tiny province in the game)?

Good and beautiful mod! It's very well done comrade.

You could make that the provinces of Catalonia ( Barcelona, Tarragona, Lleida or Lerida in game and Girona or Gerona in game) are occupied by Spain. hahaha

If you look carefully at the borders, West-Jerusalem is actually inside the "Tel Aviv" province. There was a mod years ago which changed the province names into "Tel Aviv-Jerusalem" and "Jerusalem-Nablus" (or "Jerusalem-Ramallah). Legally, Israel considers East-Jerusalem no different than West-Jerusalem. But this is reflected poorly in the game. East-Jerusalem is only a small part of the entire "Jerusalem" province anyway.

Similarily, the Golan province is not exactly the same as in real life, as some of it is in fact controlled by Syria.

Did you also give them Gaza (the only reason I can see why the devs here put that tiny province in the game)?

Gaza is a great province. I always love encircling enemies in Gaza =). Besides there were battles there in wwI and Gaza under Egyptian control reflects the situation after Israel's independence. Some provinces are pretty useless, but I am still mad there is no such thing as a south Lebanon province =(

Not sure if Azawad should really be independent or as rebels.

And here I am wondering the same about Syria, hehe.

Germany still has cores on... well, everything except Poland!

Also shouldn't Tibet be claimed rather than cored?

Also I'm pretty sure Finland would actively fight against having Karelia "returned" at this point, since it's such a poor area with few Finns living there