• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not even sure they are going to pick you and besides its papers of love not papers of hate. They are sent via e-mail.

I am confused now, will you be mailing papers to our homes, or just emailing things to us?

First things first: start by registering Semper Fi and For the Motherland. I am sure that experience with the two existing expansion packs is a prerequisite to playing the third one "Their Finest Hour".

I hope i can make it even if i do i have worries if the builds will work with the HOI 3 Collection :S We ll see.

kennedy.jpg

I think this is why they want your address

Edit

Ok so I abridged the quote :D

I KNEW IT! Don't TRUST ANYONE! TRUST NO ONE!

Its to prevent the spread of an early build to the internet. So if you leak it they can sue you because you signed an NDA :)

Come on? Sue me? It might not hole up in court. But seeing how thing are these days.... *cough* megaupload *cough* 50 years in prison *cough* what a joke *cough* *cough* I thank i'm getting sick!

I think its so if i do they can come and find me so they can break my legs.... :(

What has the world come to when you can trust your fellowman?

Any way its just to much of a hassle. Can you imagine if you had to do this with every game you bought?

Come on? Sue me? It might not hole up in court. But seeing how thing are these days.... *cough* megaupload *cough* 50 years in prison *cough* what a joke *cough* *cough* I thank i'm getting sick!

I think its so if i do they can come and find me so they can break my legs.... :(

What has the world come to when you can trust your fellowman?

Any way its just to much of a hassle. Can you imagine if you had to do this with every game you bought?

they can and they would. thats why you have to sign a NDA. if you don't like that don't apply for the beta.

Ding! Applied, here's hoping they choose me. Would love to actually make a meaningful contribution to the game by assisting the beta, though I'm sure my financial contributions by purchasing the games are appreciated. :p

Applied!
I haven't had much beta testing experience, but I can devote many hours to playing the beta and finding all the little bugs there are hiding in there, I also have a lot of experience with HoI 3 so I already know my way around the game. These new features in TFH look really great, and it would be nice to get some early experience with them too ;)

Applied :) My RL job is to test software for various applications, like jet engines, F-16 auxiliary power units, hospital beds, and drafting/simulation/prototyping software, so I wouldn't mind testing something I'd actually use for once.

TheBromgrev, about this testing hospital beds... that's including the nurses? :D

Didn't know that the F-16 had an APU, though I suspect it's not because of power but because of the compressed air needed to start the engine, right?

TheBromgrev, about this testing hospital beds... that's including the nurses? :D

Can't say; Non-Disclosure Agreement :D

Didn't know that the F-16 had an APU, though I suspect it's not because of power but because of the compressed air needed to start the engine, right?

Yeah, it has a gasoline-powered tail-mounted APU from Honeywell to power a new radar system from Raytheon. I worked on the Prognostic Health Management System for GE's competing magnetic-bearing battery-started bleed air-driven APU, which didn't make the final bid, though I never found out why (my guess is cost). Odd, considering that the most common F-16 engine used world-wide, which generates the plane's power supply via the alternator, is GE's F110 engine.

Can't say; Non-Disclosure Agreement :D

Yeah, it has a gasoline-powered tail-mounted APU from Honeywell to power a new radar system from Raytheon. I worked on the Prognostic Health Management System for GE's competing magnetic-bearing battery-started bleed air-driven APU, which didn't make the final bid, though I never found out why (my guess is cost). Odd, considering that the most common F-16 engine used world-wide, which generates the plane's power supply via the alternator, is GE's F110 engine.

You make F-16 Engines? nice..a friend of mine drives them ;)

You make F-16 Engines? nice..a friend of mine drives them ;)

I don't make the engines. Rather, I make sure they don't explode due to a software bug. The F-110 is simple compared to the canceled F136 and current LEAPx and HF120 engines. FWIW, I refuse to fly in a plane with an HF120 engine... In fact, I don't like flying. Yes, traveling by air is safer than by car, but you guys don't know what I know about commercial jet engines. This is off-topic, so PM me if you want to know more, but the most fuel-efficient large-scale jet engine available (commercial and US military) uses 96 gallons of fuel a minute during take-off... No wonder plane tickets are so expensive.

That'd make two APU units in that bird... the first one powering the hydraulics for the engine. An APU for the Radar only... I know radar takes a lot of power but that does seem a bit oversized... they should've been able to get that power from the primary engine, shouldn't they? Or is the one you mentioned a failsafe?

Yes, traveling by air is safer than by car, but you guys don't know what I know about commercial jet engines.

You know, trouble only actually starts with military grade aircraft... generally speaking, safety precautions are lower here... not to speak about the occasional missile flying your way...

If I sign up to a beta test, how many hours do you expect minimum to test it per week?

more is better, but I'd say at least a consistent 3. If everyone only has time for 3 hours we are in trouble, but if some people do more its good because fresh eyes usually spot a lot of stuff. I usually say that if someone makes 5 bug reports during the whole time it wasnt a waste to include them. Great betas will report up to 200 bugs though, but as long as people help as much as they can and dont get bored after 2 weeks and stop posting/testing I'm happy. Let me stress again that there will be weeks when the game isnt fun to test because it is broken in some way or another, but we still need you to test etc so dont expect it to be like playing a free polished game. On the plus side you get a lot of input on how features are done and balance etc in the end.

its only for games you beta. it is in fact a good requirement because people who cant be bothered also wont take the effort to test consistently.

which didn't make the final bid, though I never found out why (my guess is cost).
never underestimate the "golf factor" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.