• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi OT,

So the french army is sitting in N.africa after all of N.africa is allies, either eng, fra, usa, no italy, right. i will have to look at it So do you want french to invade italy? i have fixed allie attack italy events it should now work. i could add fra to the mix.

I can look at the events and see if i can add and event or 2 to help out.

If Ita. is ally then have then move troops back to ita after N.A. is taking by allies. i think i can do that.

DB

Eng and Usa Italy events and fix for usa in N. africa

HI all,

I have reworked the events for eng Italy and Usa Italy events. those events should now trigger when N. africa is allies.

Now, one of the biggest things I have been working on for maybe 3 years is why in hell does the USa invade N. africa and then all of a sudden STOP. I mean they don't move an inch further east. I have looked at that for a long time and i found a fix. You have to have the USA send EXP forces to ENG. ENG. then takes over and can move further east. this in turn then triggers ENG and USA Italy events, when N.africa is allies. Yes!!!!!! :cool: then Eng and usa should invade italy, i hope, i still have to play test it.

Cheers, DB

Hi DrBob,
the issue in N.A. is well known and your solution currently is the only way to fix it. Problem is, that enginewise ENG takes command in N.A. and as soon as any other allied country has a border with ENG in N.A., their AI's fall asleep and give command, enginewise, to ENG. But without exp.forces ENG can't give any commands to the other allied troops, so everything sleeps.
So if you want to have french troops located in N.A. participate in an attack against Italy, you need to give those french troops via exp.forces to ENG.
Cheers

Hi OT,

So the french army is sitting in N.africa after all of N.africa is allies, either eng, fra, usa, no italy, right. i will have to look at it So do you want french to invade italy? i have fixed allie attack italy events it should now work. i could add fra to the mix.

I can look at the events and see if i can add and event or 2 to help out.

If Ita. is ally then have then move troops back to ita after N.A. is taking by allies. i think i can do that.

DB

Hi Dr.,

in the case I`m referring to, Italy was Allies, all of Africa Allies, France still around and well except they didn`t redeploy troops to Metropolitan France. So even though the froggies and myself step by step occupied Berlin, the German heartlands and got east of Odra a surrender event fired where SU annexed Germ.
And yes, if Ita is allies they should massively redeploy to Europe from N. Africa.

It`s a general deficiency I believe, the Allies staying in Africa too long and with way too many troops if victorious there.
BTW, do you plan to work on the European surrender events? Someone should, though I hope Quintelosky&Co give it a go.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi Hessler,

thanks for the confirmation I just happened to edit usa in a save game file. so this could happen anywhere, for instance India, sometimes exp forces will go to Nat. china and they lose their whole country.

Now that i have that fixed, i usa italy event should fire and they will then attack italy. Maybe i will just have eng att. Ita. I will have to look at those files.

cheers

Will this work for 1.03 b5 ?
No, cause you will be missing certain event updates from 1.03 beta.

I have started to look at 1.03 and like some of the fixes. #1. i will remove all my unit files because naval bomber issue has been addressed.

#2. i will have to edit my changes into 1.03 events. it looks like there are about 10.

#3. ai start files and switch files. i see no reason to edit 1.03, my edits address all issues listed.

I have not DL'd 1.03. i usually wait for final patch so i don't have to review updates/beta's. However, i am playing my latest changes and when i get through to 44 i will prob. start a new game and that will be with the latest 1.03 beta patch. I will release an update at that point, maybe this weekend. :)

Cheers, Db

HI all,

I have DL'd IC 1.03 beta 5 and it is working real good. I like the new additions alot. I have done a partial update to ic 1.03 beta 5 and am play testing it. it is running fine. i have not added all my event changes, just the important ones. GER, Sov, USA, ENG. the majors.

GER was over trading in 33 start so had to change cancel trade to 0.4, seems to have worked.

i will release an update soon, DB

Still working on update to 1.03 beta 5, everything seems to be working but Japan is having trouble with china and getting beat up. there are several new countries in central china that i have not seen before not sure it that is affecting balance. Manchu might have to send more troops to japan at start of war. i will also look at research. china had 100 % troops in divs. i have not seen that before. does that happen every time? i will look at that.

i have looked hard at sov research and it is working better. Cheers, DB

Hi ifail,

not sure what you mean add strat bombing? To sov ai research, no i don't think i have them research that. the ai does strat bomb. let me know if this answers question.

I am posting new DL today for IC 1.03 beta 5. it seems to be working great. IC over ARma and ai troop prod is up, they are doing series runs. they appear to be garr correctly, and last run Eng was using native troops to fight japan in Burma, nice.

DB

Are you going to transfer to beta 6?

I just looked at event files that where changed from 5 to 6 and i see 4 files, the usa file would be the most critical to update. However, at this point i am in no hurry to move to beta 6. So maybe in a week or to.

i am playtesting in beta 5 with newest updates and it is playing nice. japan works it way through china and might not even conquer china by time of war with usa.

reworked sov research and it looks finished. 75mm tank by mid 41, it's at least close to that.

I may post update to my 3.01 in the next week. i have to finalize my mod.

Hi all6,

Db's Ai mod 3.01 beta1a patch is out. install over 3.01 beta1. Works with ic 1.03 beta6. will work with beta5 save games. i only edited 2 event files to get to beta6.

Sov research is working great. added land forts to sov builds. sino jap war is playing out nice. i have chc have peace with japan in mid 39. i would rather have japan beat china and fight it out against allies. if china in game in 42 and allied then china gets control of india/nepal troops and moves troops all over and it does not work.

germans seem to be beating soviets and over running there divsions. i check on combat and i didn't see any troops in front line, thought amybe strat redeploy but that was not it. i think it is the germans beating the sov div to the next prov.

i did notice my troops that are retreating get into combat every day at 1 am and i have to click on them and tell them to retreat again to save there strength. i don't care for this and it is new to ic 1.03. i would like to see this removed. it is also screwing with the balance of combat.

DB

Hello. I'm getting a critical error when trying to play this mod. I'm on AOD 1.07 + IC 1.03beta7. I downloaded all the DB AI files and installed them in order (I suspect that's the problem but i'm not sure if I need them all or just the last 2). On the loading screen I get this:
359em3s.jpg

Edit: For anyone else with this problem, It works when I just install the 3.01 versions. No need to install the old ones. Maybe make note that anyone installing the new 1.03 IC doesnt need the old DB files, just the 2 newest ones.

Last edited:
Hi Riley,

it sounds like you have the ARMversion installed, or at one point did, the unit files are left out of the AOD version. That is the error we got when we first install DB ai mod on AOD. Do a clean install and yes if you are installing DB's ai mod over IC 1.03 beta 6 you just have to DL and install the last 2 files, 3.01 beta1 and beta1a. It should work for AOD also. I have not modded unit stats for 3.01.

Careful about installing over beta 7, i have NOT updated to beta7. i did look at the changes to beta 7 and it looked like the only changed events may be USA's.

Let me know how it goes, Cheers, DB

Never had ARMA. But i installed all of the DB files, including the out of date ones, all the way up to the newest one cause i wasnt sure. Thats how i got that error. But all I did now was install the two latest ones and it works. Yes im using 1.03 beta7

Actually i'm not even sure if it's working. Japan is still being overwhelmed and kicked out of asia by 1940, unless thats still being worked on? just not sure.

The SU declared war on Ger in May 1942. It's July.25th 1942 now and the Germans have basically swept away the SU. Moscow, Lenin, Stalin all taken, and the Germans are now past the Volga and well into the Urals all along the line. 2 weeks, maybe 3 tops and the SU will be at the point of no return. For much of the war, it was as though they put up no fight whatsoever. The Germans literally just walked through the frontier, up to a line of Minsk-Riga-Odessa and kept going through like a knife through butter, They stalled slightly at the major cities then kept on like it was nothing.

Playing as USA right now. The Germans seem ridiculously powerful. I've never seen them this strong in any game on any settings i've ever played. I can't even get air superiority over Britain (that's a first for me). Earlier they captured France, low countries, Norway, Sweden and yugo almost all simultaneously

Last edited:
Now, one of the biggest things I have been working on for maybe 3 years is why in hell does the USa invade N. africa and then all of a sudden STOP.

Because British AI is the "leader" of that front. But you already figured that out by sending EP, which is a good solution. :)
Just a heads-up to let you know that I follow your mod and appreciate the quality of your work.