• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamie550

'
56 Badges
Jan 29, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
The Validator does one thing: Find errors, inconsistencies, and other problems in your mod. It generates a report of all issues it finds, making it easy for you to fix, and saving you the pain of having to check all of your files for misplaced brackets, typoes, and whatnot.

Current version: v1.1
Released: 26 August 2012
Download v1.1 here

Please note that there will be no more updates, unless new patches or expansions are released.

Note that you need .NET framework 4.0, which you can download here: Click to download

Important Note
If there is interest, a new version of the Validator will be released with bugfixes and so on. If you are not satisfied with the current final version, please download this and report any issues you find. Please do this by 1 September 2014. Note: I will try to fix reported bugs, but there is no guarantee that they will be fixed.

zfxru.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thanks Jamie! It will encourage people to modify Sengoku.

One problem: I can't choose Sengoku in new scheme tab.

As I wrote in the PM to you, it would be great if we could check family ties of historical characters (father/mother-son/daughter, siblings etc.) on your validator. I won't want complete family trees, but I would like to see somehow character names (dynasty name:character name) instead of character ID. For Sengoku modding it helps a lot, since we don't have family tree window a la CK2 in game, but this function would be also helpful for modders of CK2 to find out what is right and wrong by creating new family members.

Thanks Jamie! It will encourage people to modify Sengoku.

One problem: I can't choose Sengoku in new scheme tab.

As I wrote in the PM to you, it would be great if we could check family ties of historical characters (father/mother-son/daughter, siblings etc.) on your validator. I won't want complete family trees, but I would like to see somehow character names (dynasty name:character name) instead of character ID. For Sengoku modding it helps a lot, since we don't have family tree window a la CK2 in game, but this function would be also helpful for modders of CK2 to find out what is right and wrong by creating new family members.

Sorry! I forgot to include the Sengoku files. The updated link should have them.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by family ties. As for showing dynasty/character as well as ID, that does sound doable and I'll look into it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by family ties. As for showing dynasty/character as well as ID, that does sound doable and I'll look into it.

Well, if I make a character like this,
Code:
name="Kiyomori"
dynasty=53
culture = Japanese
is_clan_leader = yes
father=148

diplomacy = 4
martial = 7
intrigue = 7
add_trait = grey_eminence
add_trait = quick
add_trait = pious
add_trait = ambitious

1118.1.1={
    birth="1118.1.1"
}
1181.3.20={
    death="1181.3.20"
}

I can't check directly from this code who is character ID148 or what is dynasty 53. I can't also know who is related to this character (wives, children. courtiers etc.) until I run the game. And this kind of confusion is the worst thing I made by modding this game. :D

Last edited:
Ran through vanilla, the validator found an error in a series of plot events caused by a job title being incorrect. Fixed and they now work. Very cool. Not sure about some of the other errors it found in events, as I am not too familiar with what nodes are etc. pretty sure some of the events the validator says are not called, are infect called by other events.

Ran through vanilla, the validator found an error in a series of plot events caused by a job title being incorrect. Fixed and they now work. Very cool. Not sure about some of the other errors it found in events, as I am not too familiar with what nodes are etc. pretty sure some of the events the validator says are not called, are infect called by other events.

Are you referring to the ones in diplomatic_interactions_events.txt? They'd be in on_actions.txt, but it is

Code:
USURP_CLAN_DECLINE_EVENT = {
	event = {
	}
}

where the item is "event", whereas the vast majority of the file and the on_actions of other paradox games use "events". So I'm not sure if "event" works or if it is a typo that causes problems. If you happen to know, that would be quite helpful.

The validator helped a lot!

With using MIH, I found some weird things.
- the validator tries to read non-existing flags (.tga files):e_rebels, e_pirates, e_clanleader, e_clanleader, d_(kuni_name), d_(kori_name). CK2 has flags for each title, but Sengoku doesn't.
- "character_event = { id = XXXX }" is a vaild code,while the validator says invalid.
- "set_defacto_liege" is a valid command. It is added in patches.
- "k_clanleader_XX" is a vaild scope.

Last edited:
The validator helped a lot!

With using MIH, I found some weird things.
- the validator tries to read non-existing flags (.tga files):e_rebels, e_pirates, e_clanleader, e_clanleader, d_(kuni_name), d_(kori_name). CK2 has flags for each title, but Sengoku doesn't.
- "character_event = { id = XXXX }" is a vaild code,while the validator says invalid.
- "set_defacto_liege" is a valid command. It is added in patches.
- "k_clanleader_XX" is a vaild scope.

Thanks for the info. I have fixed issues 1 and 3. Could you post the exact error for 2, and by 4 you mean that even though it is not in the landed_titles.txt file, you can have any k_clanleader_XX, where XX is any number, and that is a title?

Thanks for the info. I have fixed issues 1 and 3. Could you post the exact error for 2, and by 4 you mean that even though it is not in the landed_titles.txt file, you can have any k_clanleader_XX, where XX is any number, and that is a title?

I had seen the error message of 2, but with running validator again, it has disappeared. Maybe it had related with other error.
About 4, the game creates k_clanleader_XX automatically from the dynasties.txt.

I had seen the error message of 2, but with running validator again, it has disappeared. Maybe it had related with other error.
About 4, the game creates k_clanleader_XX automatically from the dynasties.txt.

Okay, so it will take each dynasty ID, and stick it to the end of a "k_clanleader_"?

Thanks!

Some other notes
- change_martial(intrigue/diplomacy) is valid effect in objectives.txt
- trigger "number_of_vassals" is added in a patch.
- command "create_clan" is added in a patch.

Thanks!

Some other notes
- change_martial(intrigue/diplomacy) is valid effect in objectives.txt
- trigger "number_of_vassals" is added in a patch.
- command "create_clan" is added in a patch.

1. This is actually complaining about the random list. From what I can see, random_list works like

Code:
			random_list = {
				25 = {
					set_province_flag = option_a
				}
				50 = {
					set_province_flag = option_b
				}
				25 = {
					set_province_flag = option_c
				}
			}

while in the places where the Validator complains about things, it's when you don't have the change_* wrapped in a percent chance. Now if this is new valid random_list syntax then I'll have to deal with that.

2, 3. Fixed, thanks!

I see about 1. I have forgotten to add this percentage, or remove random_list. :D Thanks! :)

A little something I've been working on that should make customizing the Validator much easier. Any requests are welcome.

Code:
# This is the settings file for EU3 and its expansions
# To use, copy this to your EU3 installation base or mod directory and name it "ValidatorSettings.txt"
# If you don't want to use it then don't copy it.
# By default, everything is commented out. Uncomment something to use it.

###########################################
# COUNTRY COLORS
###########################################

# Checks that all countries are included within the country colors file.
#AddFlag = CountryColors.ReportMissingCountries

1.0 Release Candidate 8 is available: Download here

You can tweak a number of validation settings by copying a text file from the SettingsFiles folder into the game directory or mod directory, and naming it ValidatorSettings.txt. Then just open it and modify. This is where many of the former settings got moved to.

Note that several bugs were fixed; however the fixes of these bugs may have caused some false positives to creep in. As always, please report them here.

1.0 Release Candidate 9 is available: Download here

You can tweak a number of validation settings by copying a text file from the SettingsFiles folder into the game directory or mod directory, and naming it ValidatorSettings.txt. Then just open it and modify. This is where many of the former settings got moved to.

Also, comment ignore is here! Simply put
Code:
# Audax Validator "." Ignore_XXXX
in front of the node causing the error that you want to ignore. XXXX is an error code, found in Information/errorCodes.txt. So far only a few errors are supported, so tell me which ones you really want to be able to ignore. For more information, see DidYouKnow.pdf, in the dowload.