• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello

I've installed this mod a few days ago and everything worked fine until 30 minutes ago. I'm playing the Seleucids and at some point the game just crashes to desktop, no error or anything given. I thought it had something to do with the montly save I had on so I turned it off.

I had this problem before but I fixed it by removing the annexation of leptis magna by carthage (this crashed me for some reason) but now noone is getting annexed and the only thing going on is me at war with the mauryan empire, i win/lose fights and take provinces but seemingly at random on of these windows makes the game crash.

So it could be me winning a fight in Gedrosia and nothing happens but then I conquer Aria finally and then the game crashes. If I reload it might be reversed or something entirely different.

--Did some further testing, apparantly I can't scroll left from the Seleucid save starting point (Seleucia) The game either crashes or my computer freezes forcing me to reboot.

Last edited:
Hey Hardradi,

I rebooted my PC and tried it again (im very stubborn) and then the game just went really well, smooth sailing. I was using your latest version (Hindu kush) with the latest beta patch (Not truly compatible but it seems to work, I despise those cascading alliances so I have to)

I also trimmed down the savegame using Cheexsta's method

I've started new game in EU: Rome Gold using your mod's latest version and picked Rome, however I think I found a pair of bugs:

1) All Roman characters have huge starting wealth (like 100+, 1000+ or even 10000+ gold) while all other nations characters have normal ones.
2) When you see character's window, his/her spouse always have "skull" icon near the avatar even if it's alive and healthy.

Is there any way to fix this?

1) I wasnt aware of this. I just checked and its like that in the stock/vanilla game as well. I havent seen it reported anywhere else. Not much I can do about it unless I put a custom event in to reduce all starting gold for Romans. It must be a deliberate inclusion by the developers.
2) This is a bug in the latest Beta Patch. Please feel free to harass Paradox for a fix and final patch. ;)

I have a problem, simple put I followed the installation instructions to the letter, however in the launcher when I pick the mod and press start it leaves the launcher and nothing happens at all, like I didn't even start the game.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed the problem also happens in vanilla

Last edited:
First off I just wanted to say that this is a tremendous Mod that, even though I've only played a little of it, is really making me enjoy Rome a whole lot more.

I do not know if this is a bug or not--or if it is intended. I opened by playing as the Cassandrian Kingdom and I've noticed that I get to negotiate for myself and people who aren't even my allies when I am at war with a country. Basically one country who is not even my ally can do the brunt of the work in a war and I can gain the benefits in terms of my victory score and dictate the peace terms. I thought that I was only supposed to be able to do that with my allies if I was the strongest power.

Is that a bug or am I misunderstanding the basic mechanics of the game?

A bit of an addition to what I wrote previously about the bug.

I was the Cassandrian Kingdom today and was chipping away at the Antigonid Kingdom in the starting war. I was also helping the Lysimachid Kingdom via military access. We were not allies.

I had about an 18% Victory over the Antigonid Kingdom by taking the Euboa and Attica, as well as the several small nearby islands, Cyprus, and a little sliver of the Antigonid Kingdom between Lysimachid and Pontus. I had several total naval and battle victories. None of them counted in towards my victory percentage.

Suddenly, despite being on the losing end of its side of the war, the Lysimachid Kingdom makes peace with the Antigonid Kingdom and takes an nearby province across the strait in Asia Minor. As I've said, it was losing the war.

And because the Lysimachid Kingdom made peace, it automatically forced peace upon me. I do not know how this happened considering that we were not allies at all.

I don't know if the first war is really buggy or what, but strange things like that are pretty common. Sometimes what the Ptolemiac Kingdom does in terms of victories or defeats affects my victory percentage even though we are not allied. I've seen minor countries like Rhodes join the war, steal a province, and make peace that affects everybody involved. Unfortunately, it's making the mod almost unplayable at the moment. I still enjoy it a great deal, but it's frustrating to have years(in game, of course) of work destroyed for no good reason.

It's almost like I'm automatically allied with every country that decides to fight the Antigonid Kingdom the game. I've also checked to see if some certain countries are allies of my allies--but that's not the case either. I've tried several restarts and it is a persistent problem. As the game starts I also have the ability to go into the small Ptolemiac province of Isthmus even though we don't have an alliance or military access. I can't explain that as well.

All of that being said--I still love the mod. I just hope these are problems that can be explained and/or fixed if necessary.

Not sure if this mod is still under active development but:

- The 2 OPMs on Cyprus have blank flags and 3-character abbreviations for names
- The 'Parthian Horde' event doesn't give cores on the provinces east of the original map edge

Thx

anybody encounter the game making white peace for u, lets say u declare war on Rome, then randomly it says that rome accepted your white peace? i saved then loaded that save and saw that the war was still going for a odd reason? even though the game sued a white peace for me.

Encountered a bug with Massilia: when hovering the mouse around the two censors office, the game CTD. So for, only Massilia is concerned, as I'm currently playing with Emporium without any crash so far.

That's strange, now I can play Massalia without issues.

BTW, came along a strange thing. Don't know if it's Epigoni related or 2.35beta: to be strategos, my characters need to have been ruler or prytanis. Of course, the later is more common. Still, they can't be prytanis before 35 years of age! That's quite old to start a military careers... I don't remember such limitations in previous version of the mod & game.

Sorry for not posting any reply's. :blush: RL has been crushing me for the last five months and I havent had the extra energy to do much else.

Thanks to everyone for the posts.

I have a problem, simple put I followed the installation instructions to the letter, however in the launcher when I pick the mod and press start it leaves the launcher and nothing happens at all, like I didn't even start the game.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed the problem also happens in vanilla

Ok.

A bit of an addition to what I wrote previously about the bug.

I was the Cassandrian Kingdom today and was chipping away at the Antigonid Kingdom in the starting war. I was also helping the Lysimachid Kingdom via military access. We were not allies.

I had about an 18% Victory over the Antigonid Kingdom by taking the Euboa and Attica, as well as the several small nearby islands, Cyprus, and a little sliver of the Antigonid Kingdom between Lysimachid and Pontus. I had several total naval and battle victories. None of them counted in towards my victory percentage.

Suddenly, despite being on the losing end of its side of the war, the Lysimachid Kingdom makes peace with the Antigonid Kingdom and takes an nearby province across the strait in Asia Minor. As I've said, it was losing the war.

And because the Lysimachid Kingdom made peace, it automatically forced peace upon me. I do not know how this happened considering that we were not allies at all.

I don't know if the first war is really buggy or what, but strange things like that are pretty common. Sometimes what the Ptolemiac Kingdom does in terms of victories or defeats affects my victory percentage even though we are not allied. I've seen minor countries like Rhodes join the war, steal a province, and make peace that affects everybody involved. Unfortunately, it's making the mod almost unplayable at the moment. I still enjoy it a great deal, but it's frustrating to have years(in game, of course) of work destroyed for no good reason.

It's almost like I'm automatically allied with every country that decides to fight the Antigonid Kingdom the game. I've also checked to see if some certain countries are allies of my allies--but that's not the case either. I've tried several restarts and it is a persistent problem. As the game starts I also have the ability to go into the small Ptolemiac province of Isthmus even though we don't have an alliance or military access. I can't explain that as well.

All of that being said--I still love the mod. I just hope these are problems that can be explained and/or fixed if necessary.

I think I might be able to see the issue. The game appears to be treating Lysmachus as an allance leader becuase it is the listed as the first attacking nation in the history file for the war. Thus when Antigonus makes peace with Lysimachus, he makes peace with all the nations in the war. Thanks for your detailed description. That helped clinch it for me. You can also see it in the game if your load up as the Antigonid Kindgom. I can fix it by making seperate wars for each nation - assuming that no one was leading the 'alliance' against Antingonus.

Not sure if this mod is still under active development but:

- The 2 OPMs on Cyprus have blank flags and 3-character abbreviations for names
- The 'Parthian Horde' event doesn't give cores on the provinces east of the original map edge

Thx

Thanks Earl. The Cyprus issue will be indirectly fixed in the next release (due to a start date error) and I will also review the Parthian Horde event.

anybody encounter the game making white peace for u, lets say u declare war on Rome, then randomly it says that rome accepted your white peace? i saved then loaded that save and saw that the war was still going for a odd reason? even though the game sued a white peace for me.

FM - I will need a save game to see what is going on with that.

Encountered a bug with Massilia: when hovering the mouse around the two censors office, the game CTD. So for, only Massilia is concerned, as I'm currently playing with Emporium without any crash so far.

Same problem with Rome. Must be general to republics.

That's strange, now I can play Massalia without issues.

I cant get this to happen on my machine on 2.01c. Perhaps its something to do with patching. In 2.01c, all vanilla Rome titles are left completely untouched except for the localisation files.

Is it still happeniing? Can you provide a save game file?

BTW, came along a strange thing. Don't know if it's Epigoni related or 2.35beta: to be strategos, my characters need to have been ruler or prytanis. Of course, the later is more common. Still, they can't be prytanis before 35 years of age! That's quite old to start a military careers... I don't remember such limitations in previous version of the mod & game.

In 2.01c, all vanilla Rome titles are left completely untouched except for the localisation files. Are you sure there is a difference?

Playing with 2.01c on 2.35 beta I can't start the game later than 529 without the game crashing on loading history. I'm playing with the Steam version of Rome Gold and if I start after 529 without the mod loaded it plays like usual. I have tried reinstalling the game, the beta patch and the mod but to no effect.