• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing the alternate paths that characters from the books take. I just had a game where Renly became king, and Brienne was his queen. In the same game, the Red Viper settled down and became the Archmaester.

On an unrelated note, thanks to those who helped with my Frey troubles.

I think you may want to drastically reduce the garrison forces. In the book, GRRM kind of points out that you can't have a strong army and a strong garrison--thus the North is undefended when Robb takes the banners south and King's Landing is severely weakened when Jaime marches north to fight the Tullys. But in the mod, you can have a giant Crownlands doomstack marching around the place, secure in the knowledge that the Red Keep still has 5,000 guys in it, which will make it very difficult to take except in a long prolonged siege (which isn't feasible, because the besieging army will suffer enough attrition that they will be easily mopped up by your doomstack).

Yes, the biggest problem i noticed was this aswell.

You're currently raising like 40k stacks and even more at times. Ontop of it your main capital has a massive garrison aswell.

This needs to be lowered ASAP

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but shouldn't the Iron Islands have Elective succession? I know they went with Gavelkind because nobody has anything more than a single title, but elective fits the Isles way better than Gavelkind.
Not for the time period the mod is set in.

Not for the time period the mod is set in.
I was speaking of if the Isles get independence and the reigning party crowns themselves the Iron King. I was playing as Balon and won a war of independence, then set myself up as Iron King Balon, but it was still Gavelkind. If there's an Iron King, the succession should default to the Kingsmoot (IE Elective).

every island except the iron islands is connected to the mainland via straits and to conquer the iron islands one needs all the naval power of westeros, so lorewise it wouldn't make sense to give every province ships ;)

I get that but surely part of the fun of the game is effing with canon in various ways? Sort of like how in vanilla you can build an empire out of Ireland and conquer most of Western Europe. You should be able to build your province up, build a navy, and using investments to make your provinces wealthier than they are in the books.

Does anyone know about the technology progression, because it does seem like regardless of how long I play for I can't get the technology to improve.

I was speaking of if the Isles get independence and the reigning party crowns themselves the Iron King. I was playing as Balon and won a war of independence, then set myself up as Iron King Balon, but it was still Gavelkind. If there's an Iron King, the succession should default to the Kingsmoot (IE Elective).
However, it's been several thousand years since the last time they had one, and it's only because of Damphair that they call another. And he's not Damphair yet.

Kingsmoot wasn't the default way to crown a king. (at least not anymore at the time of the books)

Last edited:
I've had several major wars after the War of the Usurper, mostly Targaryens fighting among themselves.

I'd really like to see a scenario with House Reyne rebelling,I reckon that would be really interesting. And it's not too far back into the past so it would probably be alot easier than the war of the five kings.

I think you may want to drastically reduce the garrison forces. In the book, GRRM kind of points out that you can't have a strong army and a strong garrison--thus the North is undefended when Robb takes the banners south and King's Landing is severely weakened when Jaime marches north to fight the Tullys. But in the mod, you can have a giant Crownlands doomstack marching around the place, secure in the knowledge that the Red Keep still has 5,000 guys in it, which will make it very difficult to take except in a long prolonged siege (which isn't feasible, because the besieging army will suffer enough attrition that they will be easily mopped up by your doomstack).

I always understood the defending forces to include a force multiplier - for example, it is implied that even a skeleton crew could hold the Red Keep against a much larger army for a while. So a garrison of 5000 does not necessarily mean "5000 soldiers are still sitting there to guard the place", but rather "the fortification's defenses equal 5000 men in strength".

Of course, there is still the problem with rapid-fire recharging levies...

Ok things I've noticed thus far....and maybe they were mentioned before.

- A number of Lordships have no flag graphic.
- Sieges are taking WAY too long. Is it possible to give better warscore valuations on battle victories?
- The title of the ruler in the north, once you've broken away from the Iron Throne, is "Nking".
- I got bizarre inheritance senarios. When playing as Eddard Stark, we lost the war of the usurper after a 25 year war; but I declared independence almost immediately after. Eddard died in a trial by combat duel against the captured hand of the king (should have made my champion winter exposure)...instead of his son 'Robb' inheritting the kingdom or the paramountship, it went to Robb's son instead, I found that to be very bizarre. Is it becasue Robb was next in line to the kingdom of the north and got cut out of the succession as a peace term?

Renly married Brienne in my game. xD

Kingsmoot wasn't the default way to crown a king. (at least not anymore at the time of the books)
That's true enough, but that's because there was no Iron King, merely the Lord of the Isles under the Iron Throne, so it defaulted to the Throne's succession practices. It's also true that Aeron was the one who convinced the convening of the Moot, but I think it's realistic to assume that the tradition of Moots would've returned quickly enough assuming the title of the Iron King returned and the power of the Iron Throne was nonexistent. Perhaps there could be an event where a King would lose a lot of prestige and vassal support unless he agreed to re-instate the Moots at or shortly after he crowned himself King of the Isles, or maybe vassals could plot to "Return the Kingsmoot"?

Status
Not open for further replies.