• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
independent = yes/no
What tiers can make the title? (i.e. everyone, everyone below emperor or everyone below king)

Code:
				NOT = {
					OR = {
						tier = KING
						tier = EMPEROR
					}
				}

This would prevent kings and emperors from making the titles. I use this in my titular title mod in order to keep the UI clean for players as they probably don't want to see a bunch of kingdoms they don't care about once they are king. Technically also a lockout for the AI kings and emperors, but I've never seen them willingly make them once they are a king/emperor anyways.

Whether a character has to be independent to create a title depends on the titular title system that Paradox setup. As for preventing kings and emperors making the title, I have it set so that you can only create a title if you have the lower tier title. For example, you can only create the Kingdom of York if the Duchy of York is your primary title. Likewise, you can only create the Empire of York if you have the Kingdom of York as your primary title.

I get an error saying: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

This is when i try to select my CK2 folder

That would be because I forgot to check if there are any mods installed before trying to populate the pulldown menu. I can't believe I missed that. The new version has fixed that bug, in addition to a couple others. The new version also adds a de jure shift of current tier title lieges to the new title.

That's all? That would be trivial to implement. What about other titles that the character currently holds?
Code:
gain_effect = {
	any_demesne_title = {
		limit = { tier = DUKE }
		de_jure_liege = k_normandy		
	}
}
will make every single held duchy assimilate into k_normandy when it is created
Note that this will happen every time it is created, even if it is dejure already. This should probably fix that:
Code:
gain_effect = {
	any_demesne_title = {
		limit = {
			tier = DUKE
			OR = {
				k_normandy =  { is_titular = yes }
				FROM = { has_character_flag = creating_title_loop }
			}
		}
		hidden_tooltip = { FROM = { set_character_flag = creating_title_loop } }
	}
	hidden_tooltip = { clr_character_flag = creating_title_loop }
}

You could also allow it to be created and usurped like a normal title after it is created (and if it doesn't become titular)
Code:
	allow ={

OR = {
			FROM = {
				AND = {
					primary_title = { title = d_normandy }
					num_of_duke_titles = 4
				}
			}
			k_normandy = {
				is_titular = no
			}
		}
	}
Which looks slightly weird ingame but works fine.

edit: didn't even notice you already implemented the first part.

Last edited:
Note that this will happen every time it is created, even if it is dejure already. This should probably fix that:
Code:
gain_effect = {
	any_demesne_title = {
		limit = {
			tier = DUKE
			OR = {
				k_normandy =  { is_titular = yes }
				FROM = { has_character_flag = creating_title_loop }
			}
		}
		hidden_tooltip = { FROM = { set_character_flag = creating_title_loop } }
	}
	hidden_tooltip = { clr_character_flag = creating_title_loop }
}

Could you explain what the character flag is doing in this? I'm unfamiliar with the scripting.

And thank you for the kind words, Olligarchy.

Could you explain what the character flag is doing in this? I'm unfamiliar with the scripting.

And thank you for the kind words, Olligarchy.
any_demesne_title reevaluates if a title is applicable or not before doing things to it. Since after the first title is dejurified, k_normandy is no longer titular, the other duchies will not become a de jure part of k_normandy. Setting a character flag (using a global might result in weirdness if two titles are created at the exact same time) on the creator allows the titular status to be ignored temporarily.

any_demesne_title reevaluates if a title is applicable or not before doing things to it. Since after the first title is dejurified, k_normandy is no longer titular, the other duchies will not become a de jure part of k_normandy. Setting a character flag (using a global might result in weirdness if two titles are created at the exact same time) on the creator allows the titular status to be ignored temporarily.

I understand, thanks. There's a new version up with those changes added. One other question: is there a way to check that the entirety of a duchy/kingdom is held before making it de jure? Because currently if, for example, you hold the Duke of Ulster title, but only hold two of the four counties, the duchy still becomes part of the de jure kingdom.

I understand, thanks. There's a new version up with those changes added. One other question: is there a way to check that the entirety of a duchy/kingdom is held before making it de jure? Because currently if, for example, you hold the Duke of Ulster title, but only hold two of the four counties, the duchy still becomes part of the de jure kingdom.
As far as I'm aware, there is no way to select a title's de jure vassals, or check a title's de jure liege, which makes doing that impossible, unfortunately.

I owned 7 kingdomtitles, although two of them being titular, and decided to create an empire so that I don't have to handle all theese vassals. But now I see that I can't grant my vassals (or anyone) the kingdomtitles. Is it possible to grant kingdomtitles, and if so, why can't I? In my demesne I have only the duchy of Carinthia and its four counties if that is of any help.

Another thing is that I noticed that if I put the restrictions on none it still generate as if I had chosen full restrictions on both. If I instead choose any of the restrictions it returns some kind of errormessage "the indatastring has wrong format" (I have a hard time translating the messages exact meaning from swedish. Althoguh I could try to translate the rest of the message if that would be of any help.).

Last edited:
CK2Plus Issue

Up until the latest CK2Plus patch I had been able to use this wonderful utility with the mod just fine. I would select copy, none for the options. However, I deleted my old CK2Plus KA mod and ran another for the latest CK2Plus update. Now it gives me a Runtime error, saying that the application asked to be terminated in an unusual way. I know this mod isn't officially connected with CK2Plus or anything, but does anyone know the issue here?

I owned 7 kingdomtitles, although two of them being titular, and decided to create an empire so that I don't have to handle all theese vassals. But now I see that I can't grant my vassals (or anyone) the kingdomtitles. Is it possible to grant kingdomtitles, and if so, why can't I? In my demesne I have only the duchy of Carinthia and its four counties if that is of any help.

Another thing is that I noticed that if I put the restrictions on none it still generate as if I had chosen full restrictions on both. If I instead choose any of the restrictions it returns some kind of errormessage "the indatastring has wrong format" (I have a hard time translating the messages exact meaning from swedish. Althoguh I could try to translate the rest of the message if that would be of any help.).

CK2Plus Issue

Up until the latest CK2Plus patch I had been able to use this wonderful utility with the mod just fine. I would select copy, none for the options. However, I deleted my old CK2Plus KA mod and ran another for the latest CK2Plus update. Now it gives me a Runtime error, saying that the application asked to be terminated in an unusual way. I know this mod isn't officially connected with CK2Plus or anything, but does anyone know the issue here?

I think I have this problem. Cant grant Kingdom titles, even de-jure.

I just downloaded CK2+ 1.14, ran this program on it without issue, and started a new game with it. I used cheats to get the entirety of Ireland, then created the Kingdom of Munster which had the expected requirements. Then I acquired the rest of the British Isle using the same method, and created the Kingdom of Wales. I then granted the kingdoms of Scotland, England, and Munster to vassals and ran the game for 20 years without issue.

Could one of you open the /common/landed_titles.txt file in the mod, and show me the definition of one of the titles at the bottom of the file?

k_carinthia = {
color = { 165 255 250 }
color2 = { 255 255 255 }
capital = 458
culture = croatian
religion = catholic
allow = {
OR = {
FROM = {
AND = {
primary_title = { title = d_carinthia }
num_of_duke_titles = 5
}
}
k_carinthia = {
is_titular = no
}
}
}
}

e_carinthia = {
color = { 165 255 250 }
color2 = { 255 255 255 }
capital = 458
culture = croatian
religion = catholic
allow = {
OR = {
FROM = {
AND = {
primary_title = { title = k_carinthia }
num_of_king_titles = 5
}
}
e_carinthia = {
is_titular = no
}
}
}
}

I don't use any other mod than this one except that i modified the enddate to some ridiculous high number in defines.txt. And as previously stated I have none on all restrictions and still it generates like this. If I choose any of the restrictions it gives me the message:

"
System.FormatException: Input string was not in correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFomratInfo info)
at TitleGenerator.CultureReader.ReadCultures(String filename)
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.btwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender DoWorkEventArgs e)
"

(I sure hope i wrote eveything correctly.)

Last edited:
I don't use any other mod than this one except that i modified the enddate to some ridiculous high number in defines.txt. And as previously stated I have none on all restrictions and still it generates like this. If I choose any of the restrictions it gives me the message:

"
System.FormatException: Input string was not in correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFomratInfo info)
at TitleGenerator.CultureReader.ReadCultures(String filename)
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.btwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender DoWorkEventArgs e)
"

(I sure hope i wrote eveything correctly.)

Those restrictions are so that you can only create one of the titles. The reason being that because there's a kingdom for every title, you could create a kingdom for every duchy you own. Also, the number of required duchy/kingdom titles are always added to make it a bit easier to program, but setting it to 2/2 will match the minimum that the game has set in the defines.txt file.

As for the error message, it's to do with the culture settings on your PC being different to what's in the culture and religion files. In the files the numbers are in this format: "1,000.5", while I'm guessing in the culture setting on your PC is something like "1.000,5". I've fixed it in 1.1.2, which is in the OP.

culture = croatian
religion = catholic

I was strictly the culture and religionrestrictions. As i have understood it none should allow me to create any empire/kingdom as any culture as long as my primary title is that region. I was a german cathar having the kingdom of carinthia as my primary, and could not declare it an empire. I quit the game and checked the file and removed those two lines and it worked without problem. Are those two lines a mistake or have i misunderstood everything?

Edit: I checked the file again and noticed that a few titles, for example empire of trinacria generate without those lines.

Last edited: