• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No insult intended but im a little miffed that you are against other modpacks using your product. This just makes it so people have to check both for downloads and updates, is there a reason behind this that we are not aware of? Are certain mods not giving proper credit?

Again it is your product to do with as you see fit but im curious...

I think its very reasonble that Arko prefers to have control of how the mod is published himself. He has made it so that its compatible with most mods(and he did not rule out alowing people to incorperate it if its not compatible). Again its also nice to actually use the cool new mod dirctory that Paradox has made, that allow people to easily use exactly the different kind of mods that they want(if its only total overhauls, we could just aswell overwrite vanilla like in other Paradox games)

Aasmul resumed pretty well the situation.

-my mod is compatible with almost any mod, even some coa mods.
-the modular system for mods created by PI is a just a pure jewel not used enough.
-It gives me more liberty for updating and developping.
-On updates : this mod keeps compatibility even through patches without updates, or at least shouldn't causes bugs or crashes.
-as said I'm not against integration, I only limit it to situation where there is compatibility issues and complementary ones. (i don't see the point to mix it with a mod expandind the map in China as my mod is about western Coa).
-I try to keep some quality level and coherence for my coa and I don't want it to be mixed with coa made with the sad technic consisting in "take the first coa found on wiki, cut or resize it and voilà" which is a widespread method in mods -that can't be compatible-

Here are my though on it.

Next update soOn with.... more Coats of Arms and a new category of dynastic coa. Stay tuned !

Next update soOn with.... more Coats of Arms and a new category of dynastic coa. Stay tuned !

How is it going with those squirrels? Did you manage to get them a big fluffy tail?:)

How is it going with those squirrels? Did you manage to get them a big fluffy tail?:)

Didn't worked on it yet sorry.

Didn't worked on it yet sorry.

I want my fluffy tails:( btw will have the rivermap ready soon, I discovered some issues in Bohemia and Moravia that is a bit hard to work out:unsure:

Last edited:
Aasmul resumed pretty well the situation.

-my mod is compatible with almost any mod, even some coa mods.
-the modular system for mods created by PI is a just a pure jewel not used enough.
-It gives me more liberty for updating and developping.
-On updates : this mod keeps compatibility even through patches without updates, or at least shouldn't causes bugs or crashes.
-as said I'm not against integration, I only limit it to situation where there is compatibility issues and complementary ones. (i don't see the point to mix it with a mod expandind the map in China as my mod is about western Coa).
-I try to keep some quality level and coherence for my coa and I don't want it to be mixed with coa made with the sad technic consisting in "take the first coa found on wiki, cut or resize it and voilà" which is a widespread method in mods -that can't be compatible-

I created a new thread for discussing integrating mods, compatibility, and similar issues. I have thought about it for a while and think it time to discuss these issues. Anyone interested please comment.

Update.

Now Includes : mini-mod Habemus Papam. (except landed_title)
update for 1.05f compatibilty. full retrocompatibility for any game version.

NEW feature Coa for popes. (+17)
NEW feature completed list of popes and patriarch
NEW feature list of antipopes
NEW feature latin names for popes
NEW feature additional changelogs

New dynastic Coa (+7)
-Taillefer Angoulême
-Palaiologos
-Lusignan
-Poitou
-Thott & Tott
-de Périgord

New titles COA (+12)
-Savoie C
-Bar D (MOD)
-Brrittany D
-Brrittany K
-Carcassonne
-Vivarais
-Lusignan
-Périgord
-Aquitaine
-Agen
-Angoulême
-Antipapacy (MOD)
- +8 previous reworked

LINK in 1st post.

Last edited:
both danish ?

do you have some characters to link to those ?
because if a dynasty is linked to a coa it is not used anymore for random generation.

Both Danish and I can write some of the families characters(would make quite a lot of sense for PI to have put them in the game...), but PI has not added any of the characters to the game yet, as far as I can see. If you want to preserve those two for the random gerenration I have no problem with that(especially if I get some fluffy tails;))

Both Danish and I can write some of the families characters(would make quite a lot of sense for PI to have put them in the game...), but PI has not added any of the characters to the game yet, as far as I can see. If you want to preserve those two for the random gerenration I have no problem with that(especially if I get some fluffy tails;))

I don't bother much if they are used for random characters or not lol^^
Were they landed people ? If so, no problem to add them with Coa otherwise, it should be a bit useless.

I don't bother much if they are used for random characters or not lol^^
Were they landed people ? If so, no problem to add them with Coa otherwise, it should be a bit useless.
Big time landed people, Grubbe were among the 5 most powerfull families in the kingdom for three hundred years and Krummedige was somewhere among the top 5-10. With Krummedige it depends how you weigh them, Krummedige were of greater numbers then many other powerfull familes but they were also a bit thinner spread out(some of the far flung members where even reduced to lower nobility), hence their "real" political muscle is not easily comparable to the nobles of the other top families(they appear often in history but they were never able to take center stage, and therefor had to back other families instead).

Btw, the fluffy tails looks great!!:cool:

Big time landed people, Grubbe were among the 5 most powerfull families in the kingdom for three hundred years and Krummedige was somewhere among the top 5-10. With Krummedige it depends how you weigh them, Krummedige were of greater numbers then many other powerfull familes but they were also a bit thinner spread out(some of the far flung members where even reduced to lower nobility), hence their "real" political muscle is not easily comparable to the nobles of the other top families(they appear often in history but they were never able to take center stage, and therefor had to back other families instead).

ok. my question was in fact were they landed with titles that are in the game. If so we can add them.

ok. my question was in fact were they landed with titles that are in the game. If so we can add them.

The handing out of landed titles is a bit difficult to correct 100% percent for Denmark(apart from not every barrony makeing much sense in the 11th-14th period). Most fortifications and most cities in core Denmark(excluding Holstein and lower Slesvig)would be under the crown, and if they for some reason where held by a noble it would rarely be herditary( the Hvide familiy was the only real exception to this).

Krummedige in the early middleages would be mainly Holstein and Slesvig. So a good place to add those would be to give them one of the barronies in Holstein, in particular Itzehoe since their name comes of "Krummediek" which were the castle overlooking Itzehoe(otherwise any of the of the other Holsteinish castles would be suetible)

Grubbe where the Second most powerfull family in Sjælland(after Hvide which where the most powerfull almost anywhere in the kingdom) So they should get one of the castles and Kalundborg would suit okay(it was actualy built by a member of Hvide but that goes for a third of the fortifications). Apart from a barrony in Sjælland they ought to have the bishopery of Ribe 1350-69(only the death of the bishop is known for certain)

Last edited:
The landed titles is a bit difficult to correct 100% perecent for Denmark(apart from not every barrony makeing much sense in the 11th-14th period). Most fortifications and most cities in core Denmark(excluding Holstein and lower Slesvig)would be under the crown, and if they for some reason where held by a noble it would rarely be herditary( the Hvide familiy was the only real exception to this).

Krummedige would be mainly holstein and slesvig. So a good place to add those would be to give them one of the barronies in Holstein, in particular Itzehoe since their name comes of "Krummediek" which were the castle overlooking Itzehoe(otherwise any of the of the other Holsteinish castles would be suetible)

Grubbe where the Second most powerfull family in Sjælland(after Hvide which where the most powerfull almost anywhere in the kingdom) So they should get one of the castles and Kalundborg would suit okay(it was actualy built by a member of Hvide but that goes for a third of the fortifications). Apart from a barrony in Sjælland they ought to have the bishopery of ribe 1350-69(only the death of the bishop is known for certain)

Ok I'll then include them in the dynasty files. I'll let you know the dynastic ID later.
I'll let you the character and title coding part. I might use them for my incoming mapmod.

Ok I'll then include them in the dynasty files. I'll let you know the dynastic ID later.
I'll let you the character and title coding part. I might use them for my incoming mapmod.

Map mod you say:eek:, I smell competition...:)

Mainly France and surroundings not so much overlaping^^
If it evovles eastwards, you ought a look through the rivermap changes I will have ready with the next update(will post possible changes to the Mercator soon).
I discoverd a whole new range of issues with the rivers last friday which I have been working on solveing over the weekend, particularly Bohemia is a mess) it will solve a lot of greif/pulling ones own hair out in frustraion when drawing the provinces:)

If it evovles eastwards, you ought a look through the rivermap changes I will have ready with the next update(will post possible changes to the Mercator soon).
I discoverd a whole new range of issues with the rivers last friday which I have been working on solveing over the weekend, particularly Bohemia is a mess) it will solve a lot of greif/pulling ones own hair out in frustraion when drawing the provinces:)

the Mercator is my base for mapmodding since the beginning as it was made for this purpose. So yes, any update of the Mercator will be integrated to my mapmod event even in regions not concerned by it.

the Mercator is my base for mapmodding since the beginning as it was made for this purpose. So yes, any update of the Mercator will be integrated to my mapmod event even in regions not concerned by it.

Of course, I would think it a bit strange if you didn't use the Mercator:unsure:, I just wanted to hold you off from editing easterneuropean provinces before you have seen the possible changes(it changes a lot of the layout) and half the of the rivers is the actual borders of the provinces and some even the borders of countries

Of course, I would think it a bit strange if you didn't use the Mercator:unsure:, I just wanted to hold you off from editing easterneuropean provinces before you have seen the possible changes(it changes a lot of the layout) and half the of the rivers is the actual borders of the provinces and some even the borders of countries

Btw you are free to take some of the provinces I have drawn, if you want them included.

Last edited:
Btw you are free to take some of the provinces I have drawn, if you want them included.

Thanks.
My modifications will stretch more or less from Navarra to Frisia. That is the project ATM but I don't want to unveil too much on it for now^^