• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to be Completely Mediocre in Divine Wind Part 25​

Well, folks, the time is almost up. This is the 2nd last update of this AAR. I am sure of it. Hopefully, we can make this last gameplay update a good one!
So let's start off with a GLORIOUS... mission switch... Woo. You might think this is a good mission, but my attempts to complete it fail, when rebels secede in Rhodes, and I fail the mission.
YqOiJ.jpg

My Chilean people were so disappointed with my failure to complete the mission, that they starting fermenting thoughts of their own independence. Imagine that!
vltSl.jpg

After that, I get a new king and heir. The king is a diplomat, through and through, and his heir is an administrator. Me gusta. Also, check out DAT tech difference!
5JGLi.jpg

Next, I attack Finland because they have "colonies" near me, and I want them!
31HOq.jpg

Bohemia actually does have what might be considered colonies near me, so I attack them for theirs as well.
dGL9v.jpg

Unfortunately, Bavaria is a troll, so they attack me while I'm distracted and weak(-er than usual)
xvC63.jpg

Venice decides that they have to do what Bavaria does, so they attack as well. Fun.
oTzVj.jpg

I guess it's international "Attack Spain" year. Flanders, I do so despise you.
zJwrK.jpg

Somehow (and don't ask me how, because I got this peace right before they would've destroyed an army), I get Bohemia's 3 unconnected provinces!
Cm6AF.jpg

A short time later, Bavaria is peaced out. Thank the lord! Many others soon follow suit.
IqX91.jpg

Kazakh also decides to be a troll, but unfortunately for them, I won't have much trouble beating a nation with land tech 10.
E7lpp.jpg

Finland accepts peace, finally. Me and Crimea both get a province.
1zXfl.jpg

My king dies during this time, and I have no heir. Oh well, what can you do?
rvoKx.jpg

I take 3 provinces from Kazakh, before making them pay tribute. Now that's how you fight an enemy!
Q3afh.jpg

I also finally get an infantry upgrade. Line infantry here I come!
cLiiz.jpg

After learning how much one can love lines, I attack Finland again, for another "colony".
rN5rk.jpg

Luckily, this war is finished much faster than the last one. I get the province!
CmOKv.jpg

After getting a border (and with that, a casus belli) with Astrakhan, I declare war on them.
EIAR3.jpg

They soon accept peace, as does Bavaria, with the first Bavarian white peace, well, ever!
tsmKs.jpg

And it will be the last peace ever for us. The game is over, after more than 400 years of awesomeness, it is finished.

Thanks to everyone who responded or read this AAR. I will have an overview up in a day or 2.​

And so, the small, oriental kingdom of Aragon had bested its neigbors to become the Mediterranean and American Empire of Spain. The dynasty vowed, however, that no matter their apparent success, they must stay true to mediocracy. Thus, multiple requests to create manufacturies were ignored, and complacent Spanish troops proved their uselessness against Bavarian muskets.

What will become of the Iberian nation in the upcoming age of Victoria, where tanks and airplanes will rule the battlefield, and a country's economic survival depends on factories and the trading of several goods? We may never know...

Seriously though, an excellent job on your AAR. It was very entertaining and enjoyable to read. I look foward to any other works you plan to start in the future :) . (Lastly, I know you're not going to continue into Victoria II. I'm just gabbing.)

Really enjoyed this AAR (of course, in a mediocre fashion); you've done surprisingly well for a professed n00b. Looking forward to the update and especially to whatever you do next!

dat tech level o' yours is hurting my eyes. badly. good thing you've been lagging in tech so badly as otherwise this AAR would be far from mediocre. looking forward to further projects!

ps. I seem to construct English sentences that are definitely more complex (and probably full of mistakes) when I have a bad hangover. I have to restrain myself from posting in times like this...

dat tech level o' yours is hurting my eyes. badly. good thing you've been lagging in tech so badly as otherwise this AAR would be far from mediocre. looking forward to further projects!

It's all the more surprising since you had, like, 22k ducats at the end ? Couldn't you have invested more in technology ?

What a mediocre AAR.

... of course, as mediocre as you as a player. Everything is about the same level, as mediocre as it can be. You should feel ashamed and release the colonies free.

And so, the small, oriental kingdom of Aragon had bested its neigbors to become the Mediterranean and American Empire of Spain. The dynasty vowed, however, that no matter their apparent success, they must stay true to mediocracy. Thus, multiple requests to create manufacturies were ignored, and complacent Spanish troops proved their uselessness against Bavarian muskets.

What will become of the Iberian nation in the upcoming age of Victoria, where tanks and airplanes will rule the battlefield, and a country's economic survival depends on factories and the trading of several goods? We may never know...

Seriously though, an excellent job on your AAR. It was very entertaining and enjoyable to read. I look foward to any other works you plan to start in the future :) . (Lastly, I know you're not going to continue into Victoria II. I'm just gabbing.)
Hahaha, I love it when people summarize things like that, and Thank you very much! I'm planning on starting another AAR soon.
Really enjoyed this AAR (of course, in a mediocre fashion); you've done surprisingly well for a professed n00b. Looking forward to the update and especially to whatever you do next!
(of course), :p. Thank you very much! I really appreciate that.

ps. I seem to construct English sentences that are definitely more complex (and probably full of mistakes) when I have a bad hangover. I have to restrain myself from posting in times like this...
Well, iut wouldn't be mediocre without horrible tech, now would it? And also, a new AAR should be on its way soon! Thanks for keeping up with this AAR for so long!
It's all the more surprising since you had, like, 22k ducats at the end ? Couldn't you have invested more in technology ?
What? Technology? What does that even mean? I just use throw the shiny circle thingies at random strangers and hope I become better because of it. That's how most governments work, right?
What a mediocre AAR.

... of course, as mediocre as you as a player. Everything is about the same level, as mediocre as it can be. You should feel ashamed and release the colonies free.
Sir yes sir! And of course this AAR is mediocre. After all, it's in the title!

How to be Completely Mediocre in Divine Wind Part 26: And Overview​
I greet you all here for the (hopefully) last time. This update will be but an overview of my comings and goings across the Eu3 world.
So, I ask you to please direct your attention to about one line below this sentence, at the world map. I am the largest country in the world, though I am not the most powerful, I don't think.
RPMMv.png

Of course, here's a diplomatic map, for your benefit, as well as my own. It's weird to see just how much land I've gained in 400 years.
htiWz.png

Now let's look closer at my nation. First up, the South American mainland, and the Caribbean. All mine, all mine! HAHAHAHAHAH
3fwVb.jpg

Ditto for North America as well.(I forgot to take a regular screenshot of it, but I do have a religious one, so I guess that that'll have to do!)
VsrvP.jpg

Mainland Africa is all mine, as well. You can't go wrong with 3 fully owned continental mainlands.
HbHsq.jpg

As for Europe, there is the perennial powers that have been tormenting me for 100's of years, and then there is myself. Not much else to it, really.
1qKVl.jpg

In central Asia, a few powers have risen, including Khiva, Persia, Bohemia, Oman, and Tibet.
ryVKC.jpg

And finally, Australia. I own most of it, except for a couple provinces. Great Britain owns most of the scattered islands.
mfIiO.jpg

In the income category, I am in the lead, by almost double 2nd place Champagne. Woo!(and this time I mean it!)
zM2Ep.jpg

Tech-wise, I am lagging horribly behind, but I'm kinda in the middle of worst to first, so it's OK!
8QLEJ.jpg

Meanwhile, I have the largest army and navy. Go me!
Moqx5.jpg

a69MO.jpg

As for the pies (me gusta), I have a majority Catalan culture, I make a lot of grain, I'm mostly Catholic, and most of my provinces are my cores.
NdH8F.jpg

And finally, as for trade, I own the 3 largest CoT's in the world. Go me and my mercantilist ways!
bMK0A.jpg

And so, that's all for now, my pretties. Stay tuned for a special surprise!​

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWkdzPnVOzg[/video]

Alright, here's me realeasing my vassals. Not really a big deal, I'd say.

But anyways, does anyone have any suggestions for my next AAR?
Feel free to place any country ideas in the replies.

Last edited:
Are you going to covert this into a Vicky II game and continue?

Good AAR and very apt title

I noticed that your navy is very small and you must have +300 overseas provinces which means your tarriff efficency must only be around 30% this is the reason for your tech lag.

Your income with full tarriff efficency should be twice maybe even 3 times what is shown in the screenshot.

The barque/frigate class ships count towards tarriff efficency, you should have a few hundred of these just for your tarriff efficency. Use the pressgang NI for cheap ships and it also reduces naval maintenance by 50% which allows you to go over your support limit by alot.

If you hover the mouse curser over tarriffs in teh budget screen it tells you how many overseas provinces you have and the amount of ships needed

Nice !
I didn't notice you had such poor tariff efficency where you have at least 400 overseas provinces!
you mind tell us the % to see about how many provinces there are , i'm not counting hundreds of provinces?

May I suggest playing as maybe a Horde Nation for your next AAR? :unsure:

Timurid Empire anyone?
Hmmm.... Maybe I should... Hopefully I won't suck too bad, though!
Good AAR and very apt title

I noticed that your navy is very small and you must have +300 overseas provinces which means your tarriff efficency must only be around 30% this is the reason for your tech lag.

Your income with full tarriff efficency should be twice maybe even 3 times what is shown in the screenshot.

The barque/frigate class ships count towards tarriff efficency, you should have a few hundred of these just for your tarriff efficency. Use the pressgang NI for cheap ships and it also reduces naval maintenance by 50% which allows you to go over your support limit by alot.

If you hover the mouse curser over tarriffs in teh budget screen it tells you how many overseas provinces you have and the amount of ships needed
Alright, thanks a bunch! I wasn't really all that aware of that, so yeah... Also, thank you!
Nice !
I didn't notice you had such poor tariff efficency where you have at least 400 overseas provinces!
you mind tell us the % to see about how many provinces there are , i'm not counting hundreds of provinces?
Thanks, The screenshots sho0uld be below this reply.

a1k2I.jpg

55GRH.jpg

For your next game, you should take a nation like Holland and become an economic power.

But really, did you not... build stuff, or something?

Yeah, you could easily have had full tariff efficiency if you took Press Gangs or Grand Navy and built a bunch of light ships.

21% tarriff eff is actually worse than I thought.

If you are looking to try another AAR maybe try some of the mods out there as they make some really nice improvements to the original, for country choice try a small HRE state(how about Bavaria) or one of the russian states.

I must say good job on finishing the game I always loose interest around 1600 and give up after I take a few screenshots.

I look forward to your new AAR

How about Hungary next?

I thought all of America would be released as vassals, but only Venezuela did appear. Oh well.