• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1568-1569 : 6th war against Spain

I get involved in a naval battle with Portugal that I would then lose. So I decide to recruit an admiral.
EU3_1808.jpg

Then I get revenge on the Spaniards.
EU3_1810.jpg

The admiral enters in action in May 1468 and defeats the Spaniards.
EU3_1812.jpg

We then get revenge on the Portuguese
EU3_1815.jpg

Our doge advances in Egypt and beats the Spaniards, who would then be routed in Alexandria.
EU3_1821.jpg

Through a boundary dispute we gain a core on Janina. In August 1568 we win the last major naval engagement in this war.
EU3_1829.jpg

We are at war with the big V as well. I am tempted to take Kutch, just between the two British colonies...
But unlike the Spaniards, the British are actually keeping troops in the East Indies. Plenty of them. They are at war with the Timurids. Nice uniforms, by the way.
EU3_1838.jpg

Meanwhile, we seize Portugal's colony in North America.
EU3_1841.jpg

We engage the Spaniards in Thrace.
EU3_1846.jpg

In Aegypt, we occupied the provinces that we want.
EU3_1847.jpg

We then move on to seize the Spanish colonies.
EU3_1848.jpg

The hidden Spanish colony will take a while to reach.
In January 1569 we peace Vijayanagar for two provinces. And we declare war on the Cherokee.
EU3_1856.jpg

Last engagement of this war. Portugal is trying to break a blockade.
EU3_1864.jpg

The Cherokee makes us an offer we cannot refuse. Meanwhile, Nav Tech 21 is researched.
EU3_1872.jpg

I gathered some infamy. But I am losing it at a 1.95 rate.
EU3_1874.jpg

Our last objective in this war, Labrador, is reached. Time to peace everybody.
EU3_1876.jpg

Spain and cedes Sinai and Diamentia and 525 Ducats.
EU3_1880.jpg

Right after that, Portugal is peaced too for 125 ducats. We are at peace.
Oh, Actually we are not. We are at war with the Golden Horde and Corfu occupied Bulgaria for us. Ok, we'll send colonists there.
EU3_2096.jpg

Well, Judea certainly doesn't look lonely anymore! :D

1570-1571 : The Reconquest on Ceuta and Bure

Situation in North America after the war.
EU3_2098.jpg

Through border disputes we gain cores are on Bure, in Sokoto, and on Ceuta, in Fez. The Spaniards don't give up and found a colony in Natal.
EU3_2117.jpg

Since cores are gifts from God, in April 1570 we declare war on Fez and Sokoto, using on both the Reconquest casus belli. And we end up being at war with a couple of countries more.
EU3_2124.jpg

The war isn't really interesting, they are weak countries. We destroy their fleets and go start the siege in Ceuta.
EU3_2138.jpg

We gain a border with the British in America and therefore a casus belli.
EU3_2140.jpg

The CB on Sokoto was given to us because we founded a colony in Konian. Bure has gold, by the way.
EU3_2147.jpg

We have also engaged the Ottomans in Antalya...
EU3_2153.jpg

and we grab their colony in Gold Coast, which they seized from Savoy a while ago. The colony we had founded even before that was destroyed by natives.
EU3_2155.jpg

We peace Algiers and the Ottomans. We discover Land Tech 21. The textile manufactory in Slavonia is built and we get the next mission - colonize Menabe.
We rout Fez's troops in Toubkhal.
EU3_2161.jpg

We are also fighting in Ethiopia against the Mameluks.
EU3_2166.jpg

But we forget a front and we lose a small army against Dulkadir in Mus.
EU3_2167.jpg

Ceuta falls in September 1570 and Fez can be peaced. We peace then the Mameluks, who were leading their coalition.
EU3_2175.jpg

Bure, Sokoto, has fallen as well...
EU3_2178.jpg

And again, we get a crappy monetary reform and lose 2 stability.
EU3_2181.jpg

In October 1570, we peace Sokoto and they cede Bure. Meanwhile, the British found other colonies in Africa. Are they provoking us ?
EU3_2191.jpg

Regrettably, The Netherlands are the defenders of the Reformed Faith, and might intervene if I declared war on Great Britain. I could take on both, but I'd rather not. We therefore warn the Netherlands. If I fought the Netherlands and then truced, I think they would get a stab hit if they helped the British.
EU3_2196.jpg

In October 1571, Menabe is colonized. And we get another manufactory mission - build a Textile Manufactory in Bosnia. I'll do some minting for that.
EU3_2201.jpg

We become again the Papal Controller and we get other two cores through boundaries disputes - this time on Chur, Switzerland and on Maharastra, Deccan. Well, you know who I will attack next, I guess.
EU3_2215.jpg

Four Boundary Disputes in two years - I'd say that's the way to go. ;)

In general you don't break a truce by joining a defensive war, only an offensive one. I'm not sure but I'd assume this is the same for DotF as well...

Hum .. does not Hungary border you ? You could take this chance to vassal it too if they decide to defend the Swiss. Ok, full blast infamy might not worth it, but it would tidy up your Balkan border.

BTW the Netherlands continue their relentless march east ,as I predicted ... if they decide to go against the timmies you might end with them in India via north . That would be ... interesting.

Dismantling the HRE - 1 Boundary Dispute at a time. That is a time-honored tradition in EU3... :D

And take all other provinces by any means as well of course... ;)

Four Boundary Disputes in two years - I'd say that's the way to go. ;)

In general you don't break a truce by joining a defensive war, only an offensive one. I'm not sure but I'd assume this is the same for DotF as well...

Hmmm... Right. That makes sense, I hadn't thought it through. What if I warned both the Netherlands and Great Britain, might I end up in a defensive war with Great Britain ?

Looking at the Hudson Bay screenshot, it's not only the British who have colonies. It looks as though Portugal has one as well.Britian is now colonising. It's well and truly back.
They'll start colonising with a vengeance. You can beat GB and Netherlands. These colonial thieves. Don't they know the world outside Europe belongs to Venice?

Hum .. does not Hungary border you ? You could take this chance to vassal it too if they decide to defend the Swiss. Ok, full blast infamy might not worth it, but it would tidy up your Balkan border.

BTW the Netherlands continue their relentless march east ,as I predicted ... if they decide to go against the timmies you might end with them in India via north . That would be ... interesting.

Yes, that would be interesting ;) Hungary is not worth 4 infamy IMHO, I don't think there were many "pretty borders" at that time anyway - I like this map

Looking at the Hudson Bay screenshot, it's not only the British who have colonies. It looks as though Portugal has one as well.Britian is now colonising. It's well and truly back.
They'll start colonising with a vengeance. You can beat GB and Netherlands. These colonial thieves. Don't they know the world outside Europe belongs to Venice?

They are probing us. Understandable. We cannote ignore these provocations.

1572-1574: New provinces : Chur, Bulgaria and Maharastra

This is the diplomatic map right after declaring war on Switzerland.
EU3_2216.jpg

At the same time we declare war on Deccan to conquer our core there.
EU3_2220.jpg

And the conqueror we just recruited makes his first appearance.
EU3_2223.jpg

We lured the Swiss into Lombardia...
EU3_2226.jpg

Meanwhile, we keep colonizing in South America as well.
EU3_2231.jpg

Bulgaria defects to us from the Golden Horde. This is a map in November 1572
EU3_2232.jpg

Reenforcement come in time to Lombardia...
EU3_2237.jpg

and the Swiss are defeated. They are then routed in Bern.
EU3_2241.jpg

The war with Deccan is not interesting and ends with the conquest a new core province, Maharastra.
EU3_2248.jpg

Chur falls in January 1573.
EU3_2257.jpg

The Textile manufactory we need to build for the mission is queued in January 1573. Meanwhile, Savoy also joins the war against us. They are quickly dealt with.
EU3_2268.jpg

After some walking around the Emperor's army pops up in Bern, but it is late. Schwyz has fallen as well.
EU3_2271.jpg

In fact, Switzerland accepts our peace offer and cedes Chur. We then white peace Hesse and end the war.
EU3_2274.jpg

This is our current balance sheet. We still haven't managed to pay back the loan, but this is more than offset by the tariffs.
EU3_2278.jpg

In fact, 35% of our income comes from tariffs. Trade is a distant second.
EU3_2280.jpg

The doge dies and another one is elected. Meanwhile Tunisia, as papal controller, excommunicates Spain.
EU3_2285.jpg

Our conquestador discovers the English colonies.
EU3_2289.jpg

What do we do when we are bored ? We declare war on Spain.
This time, Bursa and Delta are our objectives. Bursa will cost us 4 infamy, but it is strategically too important to be left to the Spaniards.
EU3_2294.jpg

EU3_2295.jpg

"...Tunisia as papal controller..." :rofl: always fun to read things like this :D

considering your size you are doing well techwise. now you clean up Anatolia - that area is definitely worth to conquer - and with the Black Sea Trade your income will rise even higher - not to mention the much needed naval force limits those provinces will provide.

1574-1576 : 7th war with Spain and Administrative Republic

Thank you for your feedback - let's see how it goes on

There are also a couple of colonies to grab in Africa.
EU3_2299.jpg

And we have our first major naval engagement
EU3_2305.jpg

We are also at war with a minor in India - Travanacore I think - we will grab their provinces since as ally they proved useless.
EU3_2314.jpg

We spend culture to buy a master of mint. In Aegypt we push the Spaniards back.
EU3_2322.jpg

And after some shuffling we defeat another army in Thracia, which we would then rout in Edirne
EU3_2331.jpg

Bursa falls in November 1574
EU3_2334.jpg

We grabbed their colonies, we occupied the provinces that interested us. It is time to make peace. Bursa and Delta belong to Venice.
EU3_2337.jpg

Also in India we occupied the provinces that interested us.
EU3_2341.jpg

Therefore, Travanacore is annexed. Infamy is now at 8.0, we have to keep an eye on that. First time ever my reputation is "tarnished" - we changed the house rules in 1560.
EU3_2342.jpg

Conversions and Assimilations begin. The British get cockier by the day. Do they think they can defend that colony ?
EU3_2345.jpg

And even in Africa... I can't believe that!
EU3_2350.jpg

It is time to diplo-annex. We have cores on three vassals : Styria, Naples and Morea. We diplo-annex Styria because it is of a different religion and we will convert them. We also pass the decision "Colonial Expansion"
EU3_2352.jpg

We have a core on Graz. Kärnten must leave the HRE. Steiermark is sold to Augsburg, because they have a core on it.
EU3_2357.jpg

Being at peace and already investing on stability, we decide it is about time to change form of government as well. Venice becomes an Administrative Republic.
EU3_2358.jpg

Our nemesis The Hansa is an Administrative Republic, Genua does not exist any more - the only Merchant Republic left is Novgorod. We join their trade league, so that we do not lose our Trade centers.
EU3_2360.jpg

No Trade League. By now there are several COTs in Europe.
EU3_2362.jpg

In South America there are no lone colonies left.
EU3_2364.jpg

The Spaniards found colonies in the Philippines. We connect Cape to Zimbabwe as well.
EU3_2370.jpg

In April 1577, an event makes us recover stability before the time.
EU3_2372.jpg

Venice wasn't what she used to be. She wasn't a small merchant republic any longer. She had become a state with many provinces, most of them overseas. The Merchants were still influential, but many other factions were born. People who had made their fortune in the colonies, people who owned manufactories in the old world. Even the merchants were busy trading and had no time for administration and politics.
Professional buraucrats had to be trained to take care of the complex matters of governing Venice, so that our tax, production and trade efficiency could be improved. In 1577, Venice became an Administrative Republic and gave up on her trade league.

Time to be quite attentive with the cascading alliances - you don't want to anger Novgorod without good reason and lose the trade stations.

The colonies are looking great. Apart from the vile British, that is! :mad:

Yes, of course, war with Great Britain is inevitable. Thank you for reminding about Novgorod, but they are not allied to anybody significant.