• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a beta version available but without totally operational localisation... you have an PM...

But Lower Navarra is a very tiny area. The namely lower Navarra part of it is supposed to be attached to "normal" Navarra. Soule is only a barony that joined Béarn.
Not really enough place there to be accurate enough apart of rearranging a bit borders.
Personally, I only renamed Dax to Lapurdi, kept it into de jure Gascony, but added it to conditions to form Navarra.

Thanks for the PM

I think your edit makes sense considering the changes to de jure that seems to be include in the next patch(will probably wait to do anything about lower navarre, until the patch is out, and I can see how it effect things)

Okay you've just won a Carinthia duchy(will miss Styrias cheerfull green color though:() , what about Trieste and Istra? can I go with the setup of the Aquilia duchy I have currently?

Since you added a province of fruili, I'd move that into Aquila since they're pretty much synonyms. Otherwise Aquila is fine. You can see my opinion of the set up in my italy mod, without any new provinces obviously. Trieste should definately be in Aquilia while istria could easily go into croatia or aquilia or carinthia or even venice so its pretty much a case of put it where its most needed.

No reason Carinthia can't be green.

Since you added a province of fruili, I'd move that into Aquila since they're pretty much synonyms. Otherwise Aquila is fine. You can see my opinion of the set up in my italy mod, without any new provinces obviously. Trieste should definately be in Aquilia while istria could easily go into croatia or aquilia or carinthia or even venice so its pretty much a case of put it where its most needed.

As venice seems to become a de jure kingdom according to next patch it would probably include Istria and other venician holding like Dalmacia, Krete etc...

Well the thing with friuli is that it makes Veronas borders correct at the first part of the game(from what I have read Aqualia and Friuli wans't synonyms until later(like around the EU3 period))

As venice seems to become a de jure kingdom according to next patch it would probably include Istria and other venician holding like Dalmacia, Krete etc...

Dalmacia and Istra I agree with but isn't Crete a strech for the period of CK2? nice mod btw..(reffering to Arko's)

Last edited:
New version uploaded

Changelog

Gave Etelköz, Poland-Lithuania and empire of France their own set of flags(should have done that ages ago but I got sidetracked)
Map of Poland mended
Brandenburg is back by popular demand
Carintihia the duchy is back
Usurping Navarre now requirres both duchies
(looked at octiannia/Aqutiane aswell but there was a restriction on already and couldn't find any fault while testing)

Dalmacia and Istra I agree with but isn't Crete a strech for the period of CK2? nice mod btw..

My general vision about de jure titles is to reflect what it should/can be at the end of CK period.
This way we can have more chances to tend to "follow real history" and we also have some "plausible" issues.

My guess is that for 1.05 the de jure Venice kingdom will include those cited to have enough material into this kingdom to have a real thalassocracy (Chypre, Aegan islands...)

My guess is that for 1.05 the de jure Venice kingdom will include those cited to have enough material into this kingdom to have a real thalassocracy (Chypre, Aegan islands...)

You're probably right, but after the grand and memorable kingdom of Bryonia the historical authority of PI isn't as overwhelming....

You're probably right, but after the grand and memorable kingdom of Brytonia the historical authority of PI isn't as overwhelming....

indeed all the bunch of new kindgoms in the next patch will be far from historical. but yeah, we will see how it make sense (or maybe not) coupled with the dynamic de jure system.

My general vision about de jure titles is to reflect what it should/can be at the end of CK period.
This way we can have more chances to tend to "follow real history" and we also have some "plausible" issues.

With many things already said about the de jure set up, the issue probably will be to find a balance between static or too fluid and the right conditions. Anyway I'm preparing myself to making some changes to the new set up, most likely (unsurprisingly) I'll remove some of the new de jure kingdoms (I'll keep a few as titular); and I'll take a look to determine exactly how the new de jure system works and how fluid it is, and if I can and how I may want to make some changes. Fortunately we can always mod the game in a way we prefer. :)

Regarding the kingdom of Venice I can only find that it will be possible to recreate Venice as a titular kingdom, depending on how fluid the new de jure system will be and how it exactly works, Venice might become de jure. Furthermore Cyprus might be a (titular) kingdom too. So I'm not sure whether Venice will be a de jure kingdom in 1.05 without using a mod.

Last edited:
With many things already said about the de jure set up, the issue probably will be too find a balance between static or too fluid and the right conditions. Regarding the kingdom of Venice I can only find that it will be possible to recreate Venice as a titular kingdom, depending on how fluid the new de jure system will be and how it exactly works, Venice might become de jure. Furthermore Cyprus might be a (titular) kingdom too. So I'm not sure whether Venice will be a de jure kingdom in 1.05 without using a mod.

Just checked. PI said Venice as kingdom will be creatable but titular.

I remembered a one last thing I really had a problem with in this mod.

You reduced the duchy of Meath to just the county if dublin. However like every paradox game, CK 2 makes a mistake since Dublin was never in Meath. It has always been in the north of Leinster or its own independant 'hiberno-norse' kingdom. Only two of the baronies with titles for the county of dublin were in Meath; Trim and Mellifont while Wicklow is to the south and well into leinster. All the other baronies are just districts of Dublin (the capital, Ath Cliath, is just the gaelic name for Dublin) and these are the only ones that actually appear in the provinces history files until the final start date. The others won't show up unless built in game.

You reduced the duchy of Meath to just the county if dublin. However like every paradox game, CK 2 makes a mistake since Dublin was never in Meath. It has always been in the north of Leinster or its own independant 'hiberno-norse' kingdom. Only two of the baronies with titles for the county of dublin were in Meath; Trim and Mellifont while Wicklow is to the south and well into leinster. All the other baronies are just districts of Dublin (the capital, Ath Cliath, is just the gaelic name for Dublin) and these are the only ones that actually appear in the provinces history files until the final start date. The others won't show up unless built in game.

Will get to Ireland(don't think I have changed anything there yet, so it should be the same as vanilla), first I will do England(just discovered that the saxon england mod had been updated, so I will be using that as a startingpoint, since I have only done research so far), then I will see if I can't do something about that Saxony duchy(last time I simply gave up and leaved it for later, but it can't stay that way forever), then Its either Ireland or burgundy/occtania/navarre(but thanks for the input)

Last edited:
Just checked. PI said Venice as kingdom will be creatable but titular.

That will at least make it simpler to decide on the de jure setup

Okay changed my mind will do England and Ireland in one go. Will add a couple of provinces includeing meath, but shouldn't a meath/mide duchy still contain Dublin?

btw do you know where I can get hold of a map that show the extent of county/shire of Kildare as it was as of 1297?

Last edited:
btw do you know where I can get hold of a map that show the extent of county/shire of Kildare as it was as of 1297?

ire1300a.gif

From http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlkik/ihm/ire1300a.htm

Want it geo-referenced? :)

Because most people don't know how to use Geographic Information Systems like ArcGIS, GRASS or QGIS, and so have little use for one. :)

Anyway here is the GeoTIFF with proper references (give or take a kilometre ...). Overlaid over the original Paradox province setup, it looks like this:

YXDY0.png

I only have minor experince with GRASS(underlined by the fact that, I can't seem to remember how to use it properly at the moment:mad:) so I suppose I will have to do it the old way. But thanks for the GeoTIFF(will give it a go again at a later time...)

I only have minor experince with GRASS(underlined by the fact that, I can't seem to remember how to use it properly at the moment:mad:) so I suppose I will have to do it the old way. But thanks for the GeoTIFF(will give it a go again at a later time...)

I just use QGIS (via the Open Source Geospatial for Windows package) for most of this stuff, way easier than to remember GRASS commands. :)