• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The_Chancellor

Sergeant
77 Badges
Mar 10, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Usually, as soon as you fire someone from the council, (s)he gets the "fired from council" opinion modifier, which weighs in at a hefty -20 opinion points for ten years. That makes reassignment difficult when your best potential steward is chancellor and vice versa. This mod allows you to shuffle around your council members, though not without limits.
If you reassign someone to a council position who was previously fired, (s)he'll lose the "fired from council" opinion modifier and gain a new one. It says "Concerned about job security", strikes at your relations with only -10 points and a length of one year.

Most probably you are already using a mod that uses job_titles.txt and/or opinion_modifiers.txt. In that case you'll have to do a bit of copy-pasting.
Edit the gain_effect section of each job in job_titles.txt (the one in the folder of the mod you're using, of course! :p) like this:
Code:
gain_effect = {
	if = {
		limit = {
			has_opinion_modifier = {
				who = FROM
				modifier = opinion_fired_from_council
			}
		}
		remove_opinion = { who = FROM modifier = opinion_fired_from_council }
		opinion = { who = FROM modifier = opinion_job_security_concerns }
	}
}

Should your mod also add/manipulate opinions, add this to opinion_modifiers.txt:
Code:
opinion_job_security_concerns = {
	opinion = -10
	months = 12
}

Note that although the "fired from council" modifier can't stack up anymore, the "job security concerns" will after repeated reassignments! If you don't want that, add remove_opinion = { who = FROM modifier = opinion_job_security_concerns } to the lose_effect sections in job_titles.txt.

Licensing: If you want to add/adapt this to a mod release of yours, go ahead. Crediting, where appropriate, is always a nice move, of course. ;)

Attachments

• council_shuffling.zip
    6,5 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Will adept this for the BGA mod if you don't mind.

if you want to add it, localization in spanish should be "Preocupado por seguridad laboral"

Would you care to explain me in a few word the use of the "who = FROM" sentence?

Do you mind if I integrate this in WizCK2?

Updated mod package with localisation in Spanish (thanks, -Rodri-) and French, which I hope is right ;).

Question, do the
"opinion_revoked_chancellor_title = {"
Still come in effect?

Those are triggered via married life events and are not interfered with by this mod.

-Rodri- said:
Would you care to explain me in a few word the use of the "who = FROM" sentence?

The part inside the limit section checks, whether (if)the character (who? FROM!) who gets the job (gain_effect) was fired from the council before (has_opinion_modifier?). Only then (s)he (still FROM) gets that opinion modifier removed (remove_opinion) and the job security opinion added.

Wiz said:
Do you mind if I integrate this in WizCK2?

Please do. :)

Last edited:
Licensing: If you want to add/adapt this to a mod release of yours, go ahead. Crediting, where appropriate, is always a nice move, of course. ;)

I'll be adding this to my Balansegang mod. You'll be credited of course.

Has anyone tried this mod with the recent patches?

Nothing in recent patches that would affect this.

Nothing in recent patches that would affect this.
Quite a bit would affect it. They've made a lot of changes to opinion modifiers, which this mod also changes. So to be truly compatible, it should be updated.

That. Is. Fantastic.

I hope it gets updated to 1.08.

I'm sorry, I've been occupied elsewhere for a while.
But actually, I didn't really feel rushed for updates of this either, because in fact since one of the last few patches you lose the "fired from coucil"-opinion upon reassignment into the same or any other council position, which makes one half of this mod obsolete. ;)
And the other half, the "job security concern"-opinion, is probably already part of some balance mod out there in some shape or form.

/me shrugs.

Last edited:
Well, the "fired from coucil" is not lost in case of reassigment, so your mod is still usefull.
For the french translation I suggest "Préoccupé de la sécurité de l'emploi" instead of "Préoccupé de la sécurité du travail".