• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vagn

Thegn æf Vidness
92 Badges
Jul 8, 2008
  • 200k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
This minimod allows your ruler to abdicate to his or her primary heir if they are of the same dynasy as you, if your crown law is not elective. There aren't any restrictions on when a ruler can choose to abdicate, so some self-restraint may be needed.

To install Download the file and extract the files into the Crusader Kings II/mod folder, it should then be possible to activate the mod from the launcher.

Attachments

• AbdicationMiniMod.zip
    1,6 KB · Views: 1.539
Thank you so much, this is great

Will the old Ruler become the new heir, and will he hate you?
It depends on your succession law, if he's the next closest member of family, then yes he will, otherwise if your heir has a child, they will become the new heir. It does remove his claim to the new rulers titles.
Is there any downside to this? I.e loss of prestige, piety etc?
Not at the moment, but it would be easy to add if you wanted to give it some negative effects.

I don't think there should be any downsides. Actually, I think it should add to the former rulers prestige and peity. Maybe even raise the relationship between the two people. It takes a wise and noble man to know that another would make a better ruler. I do think that he should get to keep his claims though, just in case.

Very useful, thank you :)

I don't think there should be any downsides. Actually, I think it should add to the former rulers prestige and peity. Maybe even raise the relationship between the two people. It takes a wise and noble man to know that another would make a better ruler. I do think that he should get to keep his claims though, just in case.

But it also makes it very easy for players to take the easy way out. 'Oh, I have a wanker for a king. I'll just abdicate and immediately play as the uber son.' I think there should definitely be some penalty for choosing to abdicate, and the computer players should be able to do it as well. In fact, I would want there to be certain conditions required for abdication in addition to penalties added.

There should be events also pressuring you to abdicate in favour of your son, if most if not all of your vassals hate your guts.

You're playing the dynasty, sure you can say "King sucks, son is awesome, bye bye". But what king would do that himself? If you played the king only and no the dynasty and the game ended when he died would you then abdicate? No? How funny. Most likely your king wouldn't either.

You're playing the dynasty, sure you can say "King sucks, son is awesome, bye bye". But what king would do that himself? If you played the king only and no the dynasty and the game ended when he died would you then abdicate? No? How funny. Most likely your king wouldn't either.

Edward II and Richard II did, because they were forced to. But at least in Edward II's case they were polite enough to ask him, because his son Edward had refused to take the crown without his father's voluntary consent.

Hence why I loath the idea of letting the player pick and choose his monarch, but I can see the potential for events and drama.

Hi Vagn, whould you be so nice to explain how your mod works?
I´m trying to learn how to mod, and I think your mod is one of the better options I found to grasp some concepts.
Thanks in advance!

Edward II and Richard II did, because they were forced to. But at least in Edward II's case they were polite enough to ask him, because his son Edward had refused to take the crown without his father's voluntary consent.
Hence why I loath the idea of letting the player pick and choose his monarch, but I can see the potential for events and drama.
Oh damn you, now you got me dreaming...:happy:

Imagine a EU3-esque war exhaustion system in combination with this. More or less loyal vassals that demand that you step down and end the war or they'll take up arms.