• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay what is wrong with this code? I just want to make a nice and simple decision to shoot up a satellite that anyone can do (the 99% failure rate is just to test some other things). Please tell me there is some way to do this without writing a code for each tag.

Attachments

• whatamidoingwronghere.txt
    4,1 KB · Views: 155
It would help if you could write what exactly is the problem.

In the meantime, I noticed that there is probably a wrong event id: the first event triggers itself
command = { type = trigger which = 9000202 } #result of scheduled launch
but my guess it that it should probably trigger event 9000203

It would help if you could write what exactly is the problem.

In the meantime, I noticed that there is probably a wrong event id: the first event triggers itself but my guess it that it should probably trigger event 9000203

Thanks for mentioning that typo.
The decision never appears as an option even after getting the appropriate tech.
Earlier I had included
is_tech_active = 7640
in the decision section of the event. Never showed up with a saved game or by starting a new game. I just can't figure out what to do.

technology = x # True if a certain tech is known.
technology = { country = TAG value = x } # True if a certain tech is known by the given country.
is_tech_active = [tech id] # True if the tech is researchable.
I guess what you want is technology = { country = -1 value = 7640 }, but I honestly don't know if -1 is a valid option.

EDIT: also, a quick and simple way to find the problem is to temporarily rewrite the decision with a decision = {} section that is always true so that the decision is always displayed and in decision_trigger ={} section all the triggers from both the old decision and decision_trigger sections. Something like:
decision = {
money = 1
}

decision_trigger = {
NOT = { local_flag = 1stsatprog }
supplies = 1000
money = 1000
technology = 7640
}
However, if you say that the decision doesn't APPEAR, than the problem is not in the tech trigger but in the local flag one.

I guess what you want is technology = { country = -1 value = 7640 }, but I honestly don't know if -1 is a valid option.

EDIT: also, a quick and simple way to find the problem is to temporarily rewrite the decision with a decision = {} section that is always true so that the decision is always displayed and in decision_trigger ={} section all the triggers from both the old decision and decision_trigger sections. Something like:

However, if you say that the decision doesn't APPEAR, than the problem is not in the tech trigger but in the local flag one.

I've tried your suggestions and a pleathora of other things. It looks like the -1 value doesn't actually work. :(

Since the first Alpha is out I figured I'd let you in on the plans for .2

Plans for the next iteration of the Mod

1. Stay Away from CK2 lest it encompass my life and slow down mod progress
    Artificial Satellites Tech Related
  2. Figure out how to get the Artificial Satellite launch event working for all nations, or just making a version of it for GER, SOV, USA, FRA, CHC, CHI, ENG, JAP, and IND plus an event for a player run country that is not one of those tags (assuming that can be done).
  3. Add Decision to announce your first Satellite launch to the world.
  4. Add Events for global response to your first Satellite launch.
  5. Add Events for countries to have another nation launch artificial satellites for them.
  6. Add Events for first communications and weather satellites.
  7. Add Event for first object successfully returned from orbit (blueprint for early spy satellites)
  8. Add Event for Confirming the existence of the Van Allen Belt
  9. Add Event for the first operational navigation satellite
  10. Add Event for first commercially useful communications satellite
  11. Add Event for first geosynchronous satellite
  12. Add Event for first Space Probes
  13. Add Event for first Mars Probe
  14. Add Event for first Venus Probe
  15. Add Event for first successful flyby of Venus
  16. Add Event for first probe to hit another planet (Venus)
  17. Add Event for Orbiting Solar Observatory
    Manned Spaceflight Tech Related
  18. Add Decisions for launching animals into Space (providing blueprints for Manned Spaceflights)
  19. Add Event for Successfully returning an animal from Orbit
  20. Add Decision for putting the first Man in Space (Gagarin, Shepard, Glenn, Hartmann)
  21. Add Decision for putting first woman in Space (Tereshkova, Beate Uhse, Ringenberg, Sally Ride, Savitskaya)
    Race to the Moon Tech Related
  22. Add Event for first Spacewalk
  23. Add Event for first Lunar Flyby
  24. Add Event for first probe to impact the Moon
  25. Add Event for first images of the moon's far side
    Lunar Landing Tech Related
  26. Add Event for first automated landing on the Moon
  27. Add Event for first probe to orbit the Moon
  28. Add Event for first probe to map the Moon
  29. Add Event for first crewed mission to orbit the Moon
  30. Add Event for first successful crewed flight of a spacecraft capable of landing on the Moon (Apollo Lunar Module)
  31. Add Decisions for Lunar Landing
  32. Add Event for first Lunar Rover

Last edited:
I'm loving the sudden massive amounts of updates, but please don't burn yourself out, take your time.

May I ask if there will ever be the thought of 'universe crossovers' aka, the Kaiserreich space race? I'd love that personally, though I guess talking with the crew is best, so many possibilities.

Either way, thank you for taking this project up again, it shows great and untested promise.

I'm loving the sudden massive amounts of updates, but please don't burn yourself out, take your time.

May I ask if there will ever be the thought of 'universe crossovers' aka, the Kaiserreich space race? I'd love that personally, though I guess talking with the crew is best, so many possibilities.

Either way, thank you for taking this project up again, it shows great and untested promise.
I'd like to finish the vanilla version first, but then other mods would be free to use my work provided they gave credit. I would give assistance when possible but I'd leave it up to the Kaiserreich team to do most of the work adapting the events and such to fit in with their mod.

Is it intentional, that all my satellite launches are colossal failures? USA, 1951.

Are you saying that the decision worked for you or did you manually trigger it?

I hadn't fixed that because I couldn't get the event to work (and I had set the failure rate to 99% for testing purposes because I wanted to see the failure event). The Actual numbers were going to be a 75% success rate. You can open the file scroll down to event 9000203 and change the values at the end of the event to
action = {
ai_chance = 25
name = "Hopefully, they have good news."
command = { type = trigger which = 9000204 }
command = { }
}
action = {
ai_chance = 75
name = "Hopefully, they have good news."
command = { type = trigger which = 9000205 }
command = { }
}
}

Here are some screenshots. National space programme became active as it meant to be, although it didn't give me NASA (not checked files yet). After researching the satellite tech, the numbered decision became active. Also, it was present from the start (1942 scenario), it just wasn't active.

p.s. Now I see, that in this situation there's no other option than failure :p

dec0.jpgdec1.jpgdec2.jpgdec3.jpg

Thank you for that feedback. I'll get right on a quick fix for this!

Alpha.2
Quick Fix to Nasa not appearing in the American Space Program event and the first Artificial Satellite always asploding. :)
Also minor placeholder text added for the name and descriptions of launching first satellite

http://www.mediafire.com/?47k27u298bqfst9

Last edited: