• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They could do it for only majors, and the DLC didnt have 50 event for Germany.

The point was that even if only the 6 majors have 10 events each, the possible ways to combine these events is 10^6 = 1 million different outcomes.

If the events are interlinked even the slightest, it quickly becomes a huge nightmare ;)

The point was that even if only the 6 majors have 10 events each, the possible ways to combine these events is 10^6 = 1 million different outcomes.

If the events are interlinked even the slightest, it quickly becomes a huge nightmare ;)

exactly, its all in the maths sadly
and at the end of the day, if you play USA, do you care if Australia have a "miners strike" happen on X day ?
where do you draw the limit on what to and what NOT to include ?

The event should only fire for the players, not for the AI.
So basically you want Paradox to design 6 different games, depending on what major you play as? (In addition to the base game for everyone else).

And it still has to work in multiplayer where everyone is player...

If the events are not linked the USA player can select "no lend lease" and UK player selects "USA is giving us full lend lease" (quick example, but you get the idea).

The event should only fire for the players, not for the AI.

this is how the DLC works, if you play DI;G you have to play as germany as it loads the special GER scripts etc

so how is that different ?

and as to paradox including it in a game at release, it would take almost as long as the game development takes to write/balance/bug fix a "proper" list for: USA/UK/Fra/Ger/USSR/Jap

so it would prob be done as a DLC in the future as an optional extra

and as i understand it , PI are paying devildread & the other chaps whose name i cant recall (sorry!) tuppence to develop these then he gets a cookie each time a copy sells

So basically you want Paradox to design 6 different games, depending on what major you play as? (In addition to the base game for everyone else).

And it still has to work in multiplayer where everyone is player...

If the events are not linked the USA player can select "no lend lease" and UK player selects "USA is giving us full lend lease" (quick example, but you get the idea).
nope, thats not what I want.

nope, thats not what I want.

i want a lot of things
however, i recognise how hard it is to program even a basic event in a game, and frankly, you would need the turnover of someone like activisionblizzard to even attempt what you want, and it would NOT be cost effective

so long+short of it, you can whistle for it, cos it aint happening :)

I bought the game yesterday and I love it. The both games of Dies Irae are great!!!

Thanks Devildread and Danevang

Keep up the good work