• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((We can't be isolationist forever. Japan will eventually attack in Pearl Harbor, forcing us into the Allies.))

((I thought it was explicitly said at the beginning that he removed the event manually to allow us to pick who we want to align with. Isn't that correct?))

(Pretty much though, if we don't intervene, won't Germany practically win?)

((That or the Soviet Union would steamroll Germany. The US helps the Allies greatly.))

((I think Tom's ideas make sense; I'm not sure how we'd do with straight alliances or how peace negotiations work in FTM, apart from the war goal system. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

A WC would definitely be an interesting idea -- but could we pull it off before 1948?))

((I'm not entirely sure on this myself, but ordinary alliances with the countries in question should let us intervene without having to join a faction. Honestly, though, if it's just anti-imperialism that's the issue, you can probably just have the majors release whatever colonies they hold at the end of the war - a lot of the Asian/Middle Eastern colonies already have cores in place. Not much we can do about Africa without actual modding, but that would be a bit premature anyway, since decolonization only really started in the '60s there. On the other hand, if we're talking about actually forcing the Allied majors to release their colonies through war, that's another issue entirely.

As for a WC, I've already planned out an entire plan for the Pacific War, and I think we should be done with Japan (read: Home Islands occupied, China, Indochina, and Siam all liberated, armies massed on Soviet border) by the end of '44, so if we're already in Europe at that point, we could just keep rolling into the Soviet Union. Other than that, the only real issue is the UK, but if we've beaten Japan, Germany, Italy, and the Russians, taking England shouldn't be too hard.))

((We can't be isolationist forever. Japan will eventually attack in Pearl Harbor, forcing us into the Allies.))

((We can be isolationist untill Japan attacks, there is no real reason to pick sides before America is treathened))

((I thought it was explicitly said at the beginning that he removed the event manually to allow us to pick who we want to align with. Isn't that correct?))

((I actually can't find the Pearl Harbor event - there's the decision that activates Japan's "Tora Tora" modifier (temporary bonuses to port/naval strikes for Japan if they're at war with us), but no trigger for Pearl Harbor specifically. I know there was one in SF, but did they take it out for FTM?))

(Pretty much though, if we don't intervene, won't Germany practically win?)

((Either Germany or the Soviets, depending on how Barbarossa goes, but the Allies will definitely lose unless we get involved. That said, if we stay out of a faction, we can intervene against Germany/Japan without being part of the Allies. Mind you, it will make things significantly more inconvenient re: transit rights across occupied Allied countries, so it's probably not the best option.))

To my colleagues in Congress and The President,

I would not be against either liberating the nations you stated or putting these territories on the fast track of becoming organized territories then later down the road including them as states in our glorious union.

-- Sen. John Davis I-IN

((Re: removing Pearl Harbor; Tom's right, it can't be done, the AI is hardcoded to attack us in 1941, unless Japan doesn't join the Axis for some reason, or we're already part of the Axis. I remember SF having a decision for it, but FtM doesn't. So we're out of luck there.

Also, let's try to focus on 1937 and not what we're going to do after we win a war that hasn't started yet :)))

((Pearl Harbor is only a decision for players.))

So nobody has any opinion on bills or foreign policy? This thread has been remarkably quiet the last couple of days.

(( I did my job! I agree we need someone to propose something, though, unless Congress will just be plagued by indecision and we have to move on half a year...))

((I would assume that the silence from Congress means that the previous budget is still in force. Normally,I'd be happy to remedy the lack of activity of this thread, but unless you need more deployment orders for our units, I really don't have anything to say at present.))

((Sorry, i was planning on doing a budget, but RL is pretty hectic at the moment, so i might actually have to drop out completely :())

((I would assume that the silence from Congress means that the previous budget is still in force. Normally,I'd be happy to remedy the lack of activity of this thread, but unless you need more deployment orders for our units, I really don't have anything to say at present.))

((What Tom said.))

((1937 is a relatively quiet year until Japan invades China. Maybe I could introduce a bill for flavor material?))

((1937 is a relatively quiet year until Japan invades China. Maybe I could introduce a bill for flavor material?))

((Go ahead, It will probably be the only bill this time :D))

((Unfortunately I can't propose bills due to the fact that I know next to nothing about the gameplay features of HOI. I will vote on bills and will make suggestions based on my knowledge of the period. It won't be efficient gameplay wise, but then again I never do that in any of these kinds of games... just not my style. Also, what is everyone's reaction to John Davis' addition to the "American Faction" Proposal?))