• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checco and I discussed about that topic shortly after the Sengoku release.
Good, just making sure something good doesn't slip away.

We have also D/M/I stats. The administrave skill is the complex of these three abilities.
Of course - I'm complicating where it is not necessary! :blush:

Of course - I'm complicating where it is not necessary! :blush:

I would like to build a complicated mod too, though... :D

An announcement
Between tomorrow and 01.10.2012 I am not at home. So it is difficult to upload the new version. In the next version I will add the Onin War scenario (1467) and altered provincial buildings. So I would ask you to give me ideas about unique buildings and their effects which would be nice in kori.

Yes, surviving contemporary medical texts indicate it was very common in Heian/Kamakura Japan and bone evidence indicates it was around for centuries before that.

In the Sengoku era, Otani Yoshitsugu was well known with his illness and a heartwarming episode.

3. Roads
The Tokaido and Nakasendo roads were valuable conduits, maaking it possible to transit large armies through the mountainous regions of central Japan. Historically, Daimyo built large forts to control these two passageways, and guarded them strongly. Including them, and giving armies moving along them a movement bonus for using the roadway, would show the strategic importance they held.
Quoting this form one poster because eh gave me the idea - all the provinces through which those main roads went should have faster movement modifier.

Tatsunoshi: thank you for clearing leprosy out.

@chatnoir17: Enjoy your vacation time. :happy:

If I remember any building I'll write it down. Maybe you can give broad guidelines what kind'a stuff you have in mind. Should I think more down the line of building represents infrastructure/laws/ etc.

Should I think more down the line of building represents infrastructure/laws/ etc.

Basic Buildings
Military Base - cost 50, force remit +1
Economic Base - cost 50, tax income +1
Cultural Base - cost 50, local tax modifier +0.1

If a province has a base and one of the neibouring provinces which belong to the same clan has the same type of the builings, that province has the following bonus.
Branch Castle (Military Base+Military Base)-local defence +20, levy reinforce speed+50
Trade Route (Economic Base+Economic Base)-local movement spped +0.2, local tax modifier +0.5
Theatre (Cultural Base+Cultural Base)-honor +0.02, Revolt Risk-5)

Advanced Buildings
Military
Sword Smith - Cost 100, Infantry Levy +2
Farm - Cost 100, Cavarly levy +2
Training Hall - Cost 100, Infantry Shock +2
Archery Ground - Cost 100, Infantry Fire +1, Cavarly Fire +1
Track - Cost 100, Cavarly Shock +2

and so on.

just a note regarding the sekigahara campaign, the "manors" event still fires there, you might want to work on that for the next version noir

I will change them to disable in the next version.

chatnoir, what do we need to do for the project? I can see if I can help in the coding.
You can start with providing ideas for what types of buildings chat should code in. See directions few posts above.

If your fingers are really itching go ahead and try to code those buildings in and if you manage to get your product up and running send the code over to chat.

Good luck mate!

chatnoir, what do we need to do for the project? I can see if I can help in the coding.

As Hister said, we are talking about buildings now. It would be appreciated if you could help us with it.
You could also help us either with adding characters and changing the history files for new scenarios, or with scripting events. If you know the coding, you could give us some ideas about new events or better model for existing vanilla events.

I've started writing an event script focused on Inheritance.

So when a Titled character dies, several things can happen: (Not at all complete)

1. If all vassals have high loyalty and no pretenders, heir gains all titles, all gold, and 1/3 honor of the father.

2. If all vassals are not in agreement and pretenders exist, each claimant gains certain number of titles, % of gold, and 1/6 honor of father (based on # of vassals supporting).

3. If vassals have no loyaty and heir has no pretenders, heir and vassals will split titles/gold and heir receives 1/3 honor of father.

4. If vassals have no loyalty and heir has pretenders, claimants and vassals will split titles/gold and no honor is passed down.

5. If Clan Leader is killed while in war and has no heir, the enemy Clan Leader usurps all titles.

6. If vassals exist and no heir exists, vassals will split titles.

OR

Instead of or mixed with the above events, the titles could be lost and then anyone desiring daimyo titles would need to request the Emperor/Shogun for the title.

The only issue I'm having to adjust to from vanilla is there is no easy way to calculate overall net income per year without manually calculating the spread.

Right now, I'm not making enough surplus to wage another war against a large neighbor or saving enough per year (5 gold/year) unless I weaken my retinue and levy size of ~20K and have Taira at 38% try to gobble up my 16% to end the game.

It's easy to levy and then go into the red, watching hard earned surplus quickly vanish if not immediately engaging those resources in a war for more territory with the seasonal income changes.

If someone wants the game in question, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29725782/Urano1219_12_03.zip I know this is not an advice thread, and I have a lot of ronin, but when trying to make "cuts" it would be nice to have changes reflected annually.

I've started writing an event script focused on Inheritance.

So when a Titled character dies, several things can happen: (Not at all complete)

1. If all vassals have high loyalty and no pretenders, heir gains all titles, all gold, and 1/3 honor of the father.

2. If all vassals are not in agreement and pretenders exist, each claimant gains certain number of titles, % of gold, and 1/6 honor of father (based on # of vassals supporting).

3. If vassals have no loyaty and heir has no pretenders, heir and vassals will split titles/gold and heir receives 1/3 honor of father.

4. If vassals have no loyalty and heir has pretenders, claimants and vassals will split titles/gold and no honor is passed down.

5. If Clan Leader is killed while in war and has no heir, the enemy Clan Leader usurps all titles.

6. If vassals exist and no heir exists, vassals will split titles.

OR

Instead of or mixed with the above events, the titles could be lost and then anyone desiring daimyo titles would need to request the Emperor/Shogun for the title.

Looks interesting. MIH needs more events about the relationship between liege and vassals.

Could be Shogun as title in game? With it own special ability and perks?

As I mentioned earlier, the game ends with the Shogun title. We could add a high title modifier, but I have no plan by now.

The only issue I'm having to adjust to from vanilla is there is no easy way to calculate overall net income per year without manually calculating the spread.

Right now, I'm not making enough surplus to wage another war against a large neighbor or saving enough per year (5 gold/year) unless I weaken my retinue and levy size of ~20K and have Taira at 38% try to gobble up my 16% to end the game.

It's easy to levy and then go into the red, watching hard earned surplus quickly vanish if not immediately engaging those resources in a war for more territory with the seasonal income changes.

If someone wants the game in question, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29725782/Urano1219_12_03.zip I know this is not an advice thread, and I have a lot of ronin, but when trying to make "cuts" it would be nice to have changes reflected annually.

I agree with the difficulty about the tax calculation. It is the other side of coin of the seasonal tax changes.
One hint is, try to attack your enemy in autumn and winter, and keep less levies in spring and summer and concentrate on sieges during these periods.

I agree with the difficulty about the tax calculation. It is the other side of coin of the seasonal tax changes.
One hint is, try to attack your enemy in autumn and winter, and keep less levies in spring and summer and concentrate on sieges during these periods.

Let me add this mechanic is more in line with Nobunaga's Revenge/Ambition which holds a near/dear place in my heart and I was excited to see this in effect. I need to learn to use it effectively and plan my strategy to delay the end of game if I don't wage a methodical campaign to increase my holdings to ~25% for a major war with Taira.

Status
Not open for further replies.