• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JaceX

Major
17 Badges
Jan 4, 2010
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
This is a Modified (patched) version of chatnoir17's Divided Clans.

Divided Realism.rar

Here are the Clans and their Branches:

Hosokawa -> 5 Branches:
- Keicho-Hosokawa (Main Branch)
- Tenkyu-Hosokawa
- Awa-Hosokawa
- Bizen-Hosokawa
- Awaji-Hosokawa

Yamana -> 4 Branches:
- Tajima-Yamana (Main Branch)
- Inaba-Yamana
- Hoki-Yamana
- Iwami-Yamana

Uesugi -> 3 Branches:
- Yamanouchi-Uesugi (Main Branch)
- Ogigayatsu-Uesugi
- Jojo-Uesugi

Ashikaga Branch:
- Horikoshi-Ashikaga

Changes/Fixes

-Certain Family Members and Heirs set to the correct Dynasty (Several were not)

-Certain Yamanouchi-Uesugi Kokujins set under Ogigayatsu-Uesugi for historical accuracy

-Jojo-Uesugi at Peace (While they were nominally at war with Koga-Ashikaga, Jojo-Uesugi was busier with putting down revolts within their own territories than pursuing Koga-Ashikaga)

-Yamanouchi-Uesugi and Ogigayatsu-Uesugi at War (Several Uesugi Branches were constantly warring among themselves)

-Satake at War with Horikoshi-Ashikaga, Yamanouchi-Uesugi, and Ogigayatsu-Uesugi (Historically, the Koga-Ashikaga would have had the Omaya, Utsunomiya, Nasu, Satomi, Satake, and other clans defending them, but after tests, having all of the clans involved causes strange blobbing)

-Bookmark changed for the Kanto War to include Ogigayatsu-Uesugi

-Game extended to Year 1820 (If you don't want this extension, remove the defines.txt file in mods\Divided Clans\common\)

Just started with this updated Divided Clans and will post back results of the game over the weekend if I encounter any issues. So far, working out very well from the bigger clans "blobbing up" if that's the right term early on and being extremely difficult to challenge.

Did you get any results from your weekend playthroughs? I am pretty satisfied with my current playthrough as Koga-Ashikaga. I am now at the doorstep of the main Ashikaga branch and the Jojo are trying to use their women and children as hostages to bargain for peace. Meanwhile the Isshiki and Keicho-Hosokawa are both at odds and the most powerful factions atm.

There's more to do than just splitting the big clans into different families. Even smaller clans start the game with endorsed subclans and you can further divide them.

The example is Shimazu who holds the families of Hongo and Ito. I would further divide big clans unless there was historically ascertained submission of those families. Several clans are missing so I'd give them the lands. Ito was an example of course, we could have Mori, the Oda...

Nice work Jace X! And thanks for adjusting the Divided Clans Mod to ver.1.04. :)

There's more to do than just splitting the big clans into different families. Even smaller clans start the game with endorsed subclans and you can further divide them.

The example is Shimazu who holds the families of Hongo and Ito. I would further divide big clans unless there was historically ascertained submission of those families. Several clans are missing so I'd give them the lands. Ito was an example of course, we could have Mori, the Oda...

Hongo is a branch of Shimazu. And the Mori or Oda are in 1467 as vassals.

Last edited:
I know, what I am saying is that at the beginning of Sengoku these clans were active and not as vassals. They were eventually (some of them) annhilated or vassalized but not all of them.
This is a "what if" game that's why I asked for the Kuni SS. Some of the events we could use to reproduce the rivalry over the Daimyo titles in Kuni that were contested and split.
Characters like Yoshimoto and the same Akechi Mitsuhide were highly aggressive. We do not know what would have been of them had they survived the initial phases of the war but I'd rather have them independent OR highly unstable under their Liege at start so that it's easy to have them break free and cause civil wars to build their own clan.
To this end, the values that decide whether a clan joins you during a plot or builds his own clan should be dramatically increased.

I don't like how a vassal changes allegiance while still remaining a vassal. Why would I trade one liege for another when I can betray my liege and usurp his lands with your help but still... end up being free? ;)

It is very likely we are seeing as vassals in Vanilla clans that were allied and with multiple marriages shared but not technically vassals. It was the politics of that age that later turned them in as vassals. Unfortunately the history of the period is confused because it mostly dwells with the leading characters of those few big clans. We need a bit of the war as seen from the side of the losers ... that galactic bunch of small clans that got annexed never made it into history but we should start with them on and let the battlefield and plotting decide.

The funny thing of the what if is that you can build a system based on logics rather than on 100% accuracy in history and it will most likely work much better than recreating the initial situation and forcing the same moves and mistakes upon the AI and/or the player.

Played through to 1530 so far with no issues. I am the second largest at 15% control, however Ouchi went on a rampage and now controls 36%, so I will have a major war on my hands in the next two decades. I've had some remarkable Clan progression and now have 6 vassals, 5 of them direct descendants with at least 3 boys and 4 children each with a Clan size of just over 100.

All other mechanics seem to be working properly with one error.

When I've passed through enemy territory en route to a rival, even if withdrawn completely from the neutrals territory, declaring war on that neutral party later causes a -25 honor hit that's persistant on Easy difficulty.

Last edited:
When I've passed through enemy territory en route to a rival, even if withdrawn completely from the neutrals territory, declaring war on that neutral party later causes a -25 honor hit that's persistant on Easy difficulty.
That is probably a bug not made by you but by the newest patch - I'm pretty sure this is also present in vanilla.