Werewolf Lite CCXXI: Doom of the WereYak 5: Manhattan, 1939

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yakman

City of Washington, District of Columbia
26 Badges
Jan 5, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
evil-santa.jpg

DOOM OF THE WEREYAK V: MANHATTAN, 1939

The darkness of a Second, more horrible World War has begun. Hitler's devilish bargains with Soviet and Japanese Imperialists have divided the world between them. Democracy has not yet begun to realize it's immanent peril, and is ill-prepared to battle the surging tide of evil. On their cyclopean massifs, Eldritch WereYaks and Necromantic Lamas watch disdainfully as the Sons of Adam stride willfully toward self-annihilation.

Santa Claus has not been idle through the darkening years, despite Stalin's failed 1938 invasion of the North Pole. Slowly building an alliance amongst the good people of the world, he hopes to challenge the coming apocalypse. The final planning session for the Benevolent Order of Santa Claus has been scheduled to take place at the St. George's Hotel in Manhattan, where Santa Clauses from all around the world will gather together to discuss how to save Christmas, and Civilization itself.

However, the palaver is not as secret as Santa had hoped. Four shape-shifting WereYaks have infiltrated the First Santa Claus Convention, and seek to destroy all of his good works and mercilessly slaughter all of his helpers.

Can Christmas, and the World be saved? Or will the Abominable WereYak finally extinguish hope and good cheer from the the souls of Man?

Rules:

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Only Special Roles will get a PM.

The game will then proceed to a Day deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - "night" and "day". For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill and the Seer decides who he will scan to reveal their role. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt and the Seer will scan. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips, Mr. Gs, and the game getting completely YUBAR'd as well!

Winning:

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Player Roles:
12x Santa's Helper (Villager): Santa's helpers who have gathered to save the world from disaster
4x Wereyak (Werewolf): Supernatural shape-changing Tibethians who plot to lay low the works of Man
1x Santa's REAL Helper (Seer): An elf sent from the North Pole who can scan each night to identify whether a player is a Santa Claus or a WereYak

Players are encouraged to role play as 1930s/1940s historical anti-fascist figures who are dressed as Santa Claus

The Deadline:

DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS 2000 EST / 0100 GMT

A vote posted at xx:00 will count. One posted at xx:01 will NOT!
Voting Ends At Deadline Even If Game Moderator Is Not Present!

Other Rules:
§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2A. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts/Self) will not be accepted, and will only count for participation at the GMs discretion.
§3B(a). - Players who attempt to abuse any rules to further themselves will be auto-lynched at the GMs discretion.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, BOTH (or more) players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4A. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white color.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), or if critical information is revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging (posting fake quotes of) PMs is allowed. Posting of screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed whether real or forged.
§7C. - Including the GM in a false post, such as by claiming to be the seer and sending in a scan order where another player is cc:ed will be punishable by instant DOOM.

§8. – Voting should be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold, preferably in a distinct paragraph and large size text. For example:

VOTE YAKMAN

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE YAKMAN, VOTE AVERNITE

Other votes will count, so long as I find them. If I miss a vote that isn't done in that format though, the player will be eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

Last edited:
players list:

tamius23 as Jawaharlal Nehru Claus gored on Night One
snoopdogg as Winston Churchill Claus was lynched on Day One
Falc as Nick "The Saint" Claus was also lynched on Day One
Kingepyon as Sir Ernest Barker Claus was disemboweled on Night Two
reis91 as Milton Wolf Claus was lynched on Day Two
Marty99 as Santa Claustrophobia Claus, Santa's REAL Helper, was trampled on Night 3
Taiisatai64 as Herbert Baum Claus was lynched on Day 3
randakar as Roberto María Ortiz Claus was NOGGED on night 4
Malurous as a Juho Kusti Paasikivi Claus was lynched on Day 4
joebthegreat as Vainglory's Shy Sister Claus was YAKKED on night 5
Jopi as Santa Claws Claus was YAKKED on night 5
Bagricula as Salvation Army Santa Claus General Malcolm Laisze Claus was YAKKED on night 5
EUROO7 as Ernst Thalmann Claus was YAKKED on night 5

WEREYAK VICTORY

WINNERS
Boris ze Great as Albert Einstein the Maniacal WereYak
Vainglory as George Orwell the Sublime WereYak
esemesas as Joulupukki the Monstrous WereYak
Eternaly_Lost as Ernest Hemingway the Inexorable WereYak

SUBS:

1 - Slinky
2 - tamius23 v.2

Last edited:
6sc9w8.jpg

A few notes on gameplay:

PLEASE

1 - READ THE RULES. My rules/move orders/roles/traits are not the same as in previous games. Rules may change slightly (nothing serious, I swear) until game start at which point they will be frozen.

2 - BE POLITE. I will not have my game be the one that got this forum shut down. So if you get angry or want to throw a hissy fit, stand up, walk away from the computer, and go to the gym.

3 - DO NOT SPAM MY INBOX. Unless it contains an order or a question, I don't need to be cc:ed. This is not because I don't like reading your conversations with each other (it actually is quite interesting), but because I want to make sure my inbox is available to take other players' orders and questions.

4 - NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE IS 2000 EST / 0100 GMT

5 - BEWARE of Crovaxian slips, Mr. G, and the game getting completely YUBAR'd!

6 - HAVE FUN. :)

Last edited:
In as to be decided!

IN as a Finn that's totally fighting a separate war. Dressed as Santa Claus.

What's Mr. G and what's YUBAR'd (I can see where the latter comes from obviously...)?

Mr. G was a player in WereYak 1 (which was also a X-Mas themed game, btw) who, as a villager, singlehandedly won the game for the WereYaks. A truly epic performance.

Mr. G was a player in WereYak 1 (which was also a X-Mas themed game, btw) who, as a villager, singlehandedly won the game for the WereYaks. A truly epic performance.

Got to read that one!

Unfortunately Out as long as I'm GM'ing Big. Depending on when that ends, I might be available for sub.

In as ni.

random.org makes those decisions, not me.

Hah, had to laugh when I saw what you turned my RP character into. :rofl:

IN as Joulupukki ;)

Villager Mr. G has won several single-handed victories for the other side...:rofl: But I do remember that game, it was perhaps the only time I've ever been seer in werewolf.

No reserved spot for the previous GM?

Regardless, I only have a six day window in which I can play. This game will probably only be half finished by then, so OUT.