• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If in doubt you could always ~ event ##### with the cheats to get some mongols if the games failed to give you any or the ones it gave you were rubbish and got beaten back by the cumans.

Then they would run into the pope.
The pope with unlimited mercenaries, bottomless coffers and unlimited demesne of tens of millions of coins, will turn the tide and conquer all the mongols had.

Next the pope would rid the world of mussulmen. And there would be eternal peace, because the pope attacks no christian and no christian would dare be anything but saintly in all things.

Will there be an event or some kind of in-game modelling for trying to convert the Mongols? Because in the 1200s there was a race between Catholics and Orthodox to do so, but in the end the Pagan Mongols went Muslim. It would awesome though if there were a chance of seeing an Orthodox or Catholic Golden Horde.

Will there be an event or some kind of in-game modelling for trying to convert the Mongols? Because in the 1200s there was a race between Catholics and Orthodox to do so, but in the end the Pagan Mongols went Muslim. It would awesome though if there were a chance of seeing an Orthodox or Catholic Golden Horde.
Or even a chance of them keeping with paganism, or exporting Buddhism from China. Imagine Mongol dominated Buddhist Russia. :D

I just still fear it will be CK 1 with the Mongols all over. Either they fail to get their first counties and are wiped out within a year, or it's game over, because if the Mongols survive longer than a year they'll conquer the whole map easily.

I just still fear it will be CK 1 with the Mongols all over. Either they fail to get their first counties and are wiped out within a year, or it's game over, because if the Mongols survive longer than a year they'll conquer the whole map easily.
But once they get past a certain point dont things get immensly harder for them because their all killing horse archers and doom stacks are dying with no way to replenish themselves and Gravelkind succession causing their territory to split?

But once they get past a certain point dont things get immensly harder for them because their all killing horse archers and doom stacks are dying with no way to replenish themselves and Gravelkind succession causing their territory to split?

Not really - from my experience due to 'snowball effect' they amass so many provincial levies, that they're unstoppable.

In CK 1 they never had problems with that. One can only hope for CK 2. I think one problem in CK 1 was that Gavelkind never weakened them much. They never had that many characters, so the titles weren't split on that many persons, and they had only 1 king title (the Horde one) since they never bothered to create king or duke titles, meaning Gavelkind only split up the counties, and the Horde remained intact.

And as Thrashing Mad said, when their supreme units run out they'd have enough levies to just continue their conquests.

Or even a chance of them keeping with paganism, or exporting Buddhism from China. Imagine Mongol dominated Buddhist Russia. :D

The Mongols didn't officially convert to Buddhism until long after the time period of CK II. Later 16th century, I believe. So I don't think they'd be extremely interested in exporting it during the time period.

It is very cool to see the Mongols worshiping Tengri, however. Nice touch that. ;)

By the way, any chance of having something like Ghengis Khan Clan of Grey Wolf on Crusader Kings engine? :D
(Also, my first post on these boards evar)

Do you mean a game where you play as Genghis Khan or another Mongol chieftan and attempt to unite the Mongols into a nation? Yeah, I imagine that would suit the game engine, not to mention it would be fair awesome.

Do you mean a game where you play as Genghis Khan or another Mongol chieftan and attempt to unite the Mongols into a nation? Yeah, I imagine that would suit the game engine, not to mention it would be fair awesome.

I would love to see a game like that. :wub:

iirc Clan of the Grey Wolf covered a large portion of the globe; from England to Japan, from Mongolia to India.

The granularity was of course a bit different due to technological constraints.

I think CK2 engine won't be compatible for this kind of game, if it really reflects history.