• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As long as you do NOTHING with Nirvana, I'll be fine

(Totaly stole from the Doors, hmph....
Created modern music. Hmph.....)

Without clogging up the forums with OT stuff, I don't like Nirvana either. My tastes in music are extraordinarily eclectic, ranging from classical to heavy metal. So, yeah.

HEY! I live near Seattle, so... actually I hate Seattle. It's close, but I never go there. But... I could see sort of a 'Rockstar-like' character being a cool one for the thread.

That might be a neat idea; I'm not sure how "rock star" you can get in the 15th century, but I'll think of something!

I'm forced to conclude that my readAARs either A) have never seen Doctor Who (poor things) or B) don't actually like it, in which case I'm afraid we can't be friends. The "well, ...., well..." is stolen directly from the Tenth and best Doctor, David Tennant. I mean, I offered 1 million points! 1 million!

Haha, I like Doctor Who, though my preference was the classic series. I missed a few of 10th/11th episodes.

I used to watch the old Doctor Who as a kid, but I was never into it enough to know the names of the actors. I was a weird kid, liked books more than TV. I watched about 10 minutes of the 'new' Dr who a few years back and it was really horrible! I dunno if the new(er) Dr who was just that bad, or if my tastes simply changed too much. Monty Python's Flying Circus was really the only TV show I'd watch till my eyes were falling out, but Breaking Bad is my current favorite 'active' show.

Anyhow. When I say 'Rockstar' think not in terms of distorted electronic music but instead consider tortured artist, probably self-centered, too 'cool' for the average person, maybe tragically hip, possibly a very distorted view of reality, etc. Not for any of your main characters but someone they must interact with. Kings could easily have a rockstar-'like' self-image.

I was a weird kid, liked books more than TV.
Does that mean I'm weird? :(

Haha, I like Doctor Who, though my preference was the classic series. I missed a few of 10th/11th episodes.

I've never watched the classic stuff, in all honesty.

I used to watch the old Doctor Who as a kid, but I was never into it enough to know the names of the actors. I was a weird kid, liked books more than TV. I watched about 10 minutes of the 'new' Dr who a few years back and it was really horrible! I dunno if the new(er) Dr who was just that bad, or if my tastes simply changed too much. Monty Python's Flying Circus was really the only TV show I'd watch till my eyes were falling out, but Breaking Bad is my current favorite 'active' show.

Anyhow. When I say 'Rockstar' think not in terms of distorted electronic music but instead consider tortured artist, probably self-centered, too 'cool' for the average person, maybe tragically hip, possibly a very distorted view of reality, etc. Not for any of your main characters but someone they must interact with. Kings could easily have a rockstar-'like' self-image.

Ah hah! I see what you mean. That is something I could probably do quite easily.

As far as the new Doctor Who, I'm in the opposite boat -- far too young (and of the wrong nationality ;)) to catch the older series.

Does that mean I'm weird? :(

Better not!

That would make four of us! I also read way more than I watched TV as a young northern Ohio lad.

Congrats! You have won this week's AAR Showcase Award! : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-1399-1821&p=13150764&viewfull=1#post13150764

Well deserved for such a funny and well written piece.

Thanks so much!

Also discovered you had a new AAR thanks to the showcase, looks like I'm forced to follow yet another great EUIII AAR... :)

Oh and for the record, fingers crossed you end up with Kanem Bornu :D

Congrats on the showcase. Well deserved

Discovered this thanks to the showcase. :D Goddamn brilliant, got me laughing my ass off.

Congratulations, this is becoming the best AAR I have ever read.

Also discovered you had a new AAR thanks to the showcase, looks like I'm forced to follow yet another great EUIII AAR... :)

Oh and for the record, fingers crossed you end up with Kanem Bornu :D

Thanks very much for all the kind words!

I've still not played yet, but one of the nice things about playing in 10 year increments is that it doesn't take very long to actually play. I'm starting to slowly get caught up on work/other games, so I anticipate mid-week or so to have a new update for you guys. I'm feeling good about Munster; whether Daniel will, well, you'll just have to see! ;)

Finally had a chance to play tonight. Tomorrow night... THE DESCENT CONTINUES!

Excellent....
images

Excellent....
images
Am I the only one who was thinking about that scene in Unseen Academicals where the wizards learn they are going to lose their 2-3 cheese plates?

Excellent....
images

:rofl: (So glad that one is back!!!)

Am I the only one who was thinking about that scene in Unseen Academicals where the wizards learn they are going to lose their 2-3 cheese plates?

I have no idea what you're talking about, since I've never heard of the movie/film/book, so maybe you are ;)

I have no idea what you're talking about, since I've never heard of the movie/film/book, so maybe you are ;)

BURN THE HERETIC!!! He who defies the awesomness of Pratchett shall be cleaned by the fire of...

Crap, if we burn the heretic, he won't post any more awesome updates. Oh well... :glare: ...ecumenism...

BURN THE HERETIC!!! He who defies the awesomness of Pratchett shall be cleaned by the fire of...

Crap, if we burn the heretic, he won't post any more awesome updates. Oh well... :glare: ...ecumenism...

Perhaps we could burn Daniel, he's immortal anyway. Now the problem is how we would achieve that...